Author Topic: 2022 NFL Season  (Read 25832 times)

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
Re: 2022 NFL Season
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2022, 07:39:00 PM »
Despite a comeback from the Bengals in the second half, the Dallas Cowboys pulled off a comeback this afternoon thanks to placekicker Brett Maher as they beat them 20-17.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 07:42:42 PM by jude_este »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2022, 08:08:48 PM »
Whew!  That Cardinals/Raiders game had everything.  A rather painful loss for Vegas; unlike most teams in that spot, they had a chance in overtime, and they still blew it.

Win or lose, I didn't need to see a damn tie, so great on that scoop & score as opposed to Arizona running out of time
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2022, 08:29:43 PM »
YES! My Cardinals are 1-1 after that comeback as Kyler Murray threw for 277 yards and a touchdown, ran for a touchdown on the final play of regulation and converted the game tying 2 point conversion to A.J. Green. Honestly, I c
Kinda sat frozen still as Murphy was returning that fumble, almost not daring to believe it at 1st. The Cardinals actually outscored the Raiders 16-0 in the 4th 1/4.

I wonder if the NFL will ever consider changing the rules to eliminate the possibility of ties, as everyone seems to hate them. Ties ARE pretty unsatisfying.

Though the game of the day might have been in Baltimore. Before the season I acknowledged that I wasn't a believer in Tua but today he throw SIX touchdown passes as the Dolphins overcome a 21 point deficit to win.

On the injury front, Trey Lance is out for the season after breaking his ankle. My condolences to Trey Lance and his family and teammates.

Though, from a fate point of view, the 49ers are EXTREMELY lucky that they weren't able to trade Jimmy Garoppolo this offseason. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. Fate was on the 49ers side in that way.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2022, 10:51:54 PM »
A stunning comeback pulled off by the Jets, scoring two touchdowns in the final two minutes to steal one from the Browns 31-30.

The Giants won today also, making them 2-0 for the first time since 2016. A perfect day for New York sports with the Mets and Yankees winning today too!

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2022, 02:41:48 AM »
First time since September 27, 2009 that the Yankees, Mets, Giants and Jets all won on the same day.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2022, 07:34:21 PM »
My Cardinals fall to 1-2 after a 20-12 loss to the Rams in a meg game where NEITHER quarterback threw a touchdown pass! The biggest play was a 20 yard touchdown run by Cooper Kupp.

Through 3 weeks we have 2 winless teams in the 0-2-1 Texans and the 0-3 Raiders. Meanwhile, we have at least 2 undefeated teams in the 3-0 Eagles and the 3-0 Dolphins pending the Giants results on Monday Night Football.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2022, 03:04:49 AM »
Falcons win their first game of the season, 27-23 against Seattle. Marcus Mariota threw for two TDs and ran for one Younghoe Koo's 3rd quarter FG tied then Mariota's 54-yd. strike to Drake London clinched it (as nobody scratched in the fourth).  Home against Cleveland next week.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2022, 09:19:55 AM »
Now that the NFL's Pro Bowl Game has been done away with, here is an ESPN article on the league's plans on what they will do between the conference championships games and the Super Bowl

Offline jmorgan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2022, 11:54:21 AM »
We also have news on this year's Super Bowl halftime show. It'll be sponsored by Apple Music and will feature Rihanna!

https://hollywoodlife.com/feature/rihanna-super-bowl-halftime-performer-2023-4851923/

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2022, 02:06:01 PM »
This Sunday night's Kansas City/Tampa Bay game is being moved to Miami because of the potential impact of hurricane Ian.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2022, 04:13:04 PM »
Actually, that hasn't been confirmed as of right now.  Only the practices have been moved to Miami.  The Tampa/Kansas city game being played at Raymond James Stadium hasn't been ruled out, but that is very doubtful.  US Bank Stadium in Minnesota might be the best case scenario, as mentioned elsewhere.

Despite the Dolphins playing on the road in Week 4 & in a couple days, playing at Hard Rock Stadium is unlikely as well.  The entire state of Florida is being affected by Hurricane Ian, and while Miami isn't forecasted to take as much of a hit as other places, they may be needed for relief & aid during what will be a tough time in the Sunshine State.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2022, 04:34:16 PM »
Ah. My source is in error. Mea culpa.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2022, 05:13:11 PM »
Meh.  I think it's just a little bit of inaccuracy.  It would make sense to play in Miami where they're practicing, when you don't factor in the weather.  They probably can't head to Minnesota yet since I don't think the Vikings left yet.

On a game front, specifically Giants/Cowboys: to add insult to injury, the season is over for Sterling Shephard.  One of several reasons I didn't crown the GMEN or say they're back after 2 weeks.  Not because of the WR's injury; it's just that it's way too early & they're not that much improved from the past season.

Bills still being the top team in the Power Ranking is something I agree with.  Sure they lost to the Dolphins, but it was in like 100 degree heat, and Buffalo's entire secondary was not there.  Miami is a decent team & was projected to be that, if not just better than last year, but they still did barely escape.  They were fortunate last week against a team that might have something to say about Buffalo being the best

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2022, 08:56:46 PM »
Agree Bills should probably still be considered the best team in the league at the moment despite the loss; they're simply too talented not to be.  Miami is in very good position at the moment right behind them, though, and despite their loss to the Colts, Kansas City should probably still be considered an upper echelon AFC team as well.  For now, Philadelphia can probably be considered the best NFC team; Los Angeles (Rams), Green Bay, and probably Minnesota despite the Week 2 loss to the Eagles would be behind them as I see it. 

I had doubts about the Giants myself, given neither of their wins thus far had been against that impressive of opponents, and I suspect they may now regress to the expected mean.  Not sold on the Cowboys as of yet either; neither of their wins were over a very impressive team as of the present, and they're going to need to score a lot more points to keep up with the better teams as the season progresses. 

Would it be possible to simply flip the Chiefs-Buccaneers game to Kansas City if needed, or is someone else using Arrowhead Stadium on that date? 

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2022, 11:57:47 PM »
I'm not sure or don't think the NFL can/will allow for Kansas City to receive a 9th home game while everyone else in the AFC still has eight.  Barring an event it would make sense; even though it's NFC vs AFC that wouldn't be fair to Tampa Bay.  A neutral site (of the Bucs choosing) would work, or a site that the league would consider fair based on the unfortunate circumstances.

I'd be surprised if it ends up at Arrowhead, since the NFL trends to a level playing field.  KC playing at home gives them a competitive advantage over the rest of the conference, and that's a no-no for the league