Author Topic: Buzzr schedule changes Aug. 1  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Buzzr schedule changes Aug. 1
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 09:50:16 AM »
I'm noticing that BUZZR is showing the second season of the Bob Eubanks Newylwed Game with the new set from 1998 to 1999.   Uploader Rich Short already posted two episodes on YouTube.

I wonder what is it going to take to put The Dating Game on BUZZR (the Chuck Woolery episodes)?   I know in the Chuck Woolery episodes in season 2, Usher made an appearance, and one actor from The Mighty Ducks Scott Whyte also appeared there too.

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2022, 12:49:40 PM »
People will claim that it's due to Chuck's politics, but I doubt it, if Buzzr could show his appearances on Tattletales and MGHS.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2022, 03:53:55 PM »
My guess (and it's just that) is that when people think of the The Dating Game, they remember the Jim Lange version that was on for so long.  A semi-modern remake of Newlywed Game works because it still has Bob Eubanks.  I just don't know that many people are clamoring to see Woolery's version of Dating Game...

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2022, 07:34:14 AM »
Outside of the short-lived Bzzz!, dating shows haven't been a part of BUZZR's schedule so far, despite the popularity of The Bachelor on the same network that aired the original Jim Lange version. And let's not forget Woolery's most famous dating show as well that hasn't been seen for well over a decade on GSN.

Speaking of Bob Eubanks, I see that Trivia Trap is airing at 7:30 AM eastern this morning, giving the schedule an early start. Guides still show paid programming at this slot and the bug on the lower right corner features a profile of Eubanks around an "award wreath".
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 07:38:15 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2022, 11:13:48 AM »
Speaking of Bob Eubanks, I see that Trivia Trap is airing at 7:30 AM eastern this morning, giving the schedule an early start. Guides still show paid programming at this slot and the bug on the lower right corner features a profile of Eubanks around an "award wreath".
Streaming versions of the network always show a repeat of the previous night's primetime block, that's been going on more than a year now.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 66 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2022, 10:42:28 AM »
Buzzr has made some tweaks over the past month. Last month they brought Press Your Luck back (10 AM, 10:30 ET) and moved Tattletales to 1 PM/1:30 ET, replacing Password. Meantime this past week, Talkabout and Whew! are gone, replaced with an extra hour of infomercials.
Being famous on Facebook is like being rich in Monopoly. It's not real so calm down.

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2022, 11:45:30 AM »
Whew! was a fun roller coaster ride. I wish they would bring it back, and run the civilian shows that were previously skipped. Six episodes from the final month are in circulation.