Author Topic: Season 51 - Preseason discussion  (Read 4785 times)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: Season 51 - Preseason discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2022, 03:21:40 PM »
I guess my only question in regards to the logo is…why? It looks almost exactly the same as the pre-50 logo. Seems like it would’ve saved a lot of time and money just to keep it the same and put up the old door panels and audience logos.

I guess they could've [saved money].  As for the change...why not?  I probably would've kept it as it was.  On the other hand, there's no crime changing it a bit either.

To be honest, I wouldn't even have known they "tinkered" with it at all if I didn't learn that they did.  In time I probably would've noticed it, but possibly I might not have paid attention to it.  And really, I'm not going to pay attention to it.  At least most people in general will not notice the difference
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2022, 07:12:49 PM »
It's somewhat reminiscent if the old "TV shape" ala TV Guide or the Mark Goodson Productions logo. Whether they had that in mind or not, who knows.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2022, 01:26:26 AM »
With taping for the new season starting yesterday, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread to discuss all the tidbits of information and speculation in the lead up to the season 51 premiere.

Yesterday the TPIR instagram reposted a story from one the producers which appears to show some of the set for the new season - pretty much exactly the same as last season.  The shape of the TPIR logo itself looks slightly different though compared to season 49.

Could be just me, but it almost looks like they covered the 50 Years logo with the new one.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2022, 09:59:38 AM »
With the dollar sign now overlapping the red section of the logo by just a bit, I do wonder what they're going to put on the big doors, since as it stood with the old logo, the doors split open right between the orange and red sections.

I'm guessing the way it was before Season 36: The logo is more centered horizontally as it should be.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2022, 04:37:14 PM »
I feel like the official red-and-orange logo has always had the dollar sign overlap the two background pieces. As can be seen in season 36 episodes, the official logo had an overlapping dollar sign, but for the doors, the dollar sign was shrunk slightly so it would fit entirely in the orange shape.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. But our princess is in another castle!

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2022, 10:23:47 AM »
I believe they slowly phased out the overlapping dollar sign once the started using the "metallic" version of the logo, as seen on Price's official website right now:

It seems by about Season 44 or so the show itself was using this logo exclusively, right up until last year in time for Season 50.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2022, 05:35:31 PM »
Are you implying that the show continued to evolve and change after season 41? No, I'm pretty sure the world revolves around my own personal experiences.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to petition the show to bring back Check Game.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. But our princess is in another castle!

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2022, 06:26:34 PM »
Small change for the big wheel this season, plain red instead of gold behind the $.

Offline amazzola910

• Outside in Line
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2022, 07:39:11 PM »
Are you implying that the show continued to evolve and change after season 41? No, I'm pretty sure the world revolves around my own personal experiences.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to petition the show to bring back Check Game.
Next you'll petition for Mike Richards to be removed as executive producer.
"Did you want it a six?"

"Yes sir"

"Well why the hell didn't you say so, Calvin?"

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2022, 07:49:32 PM »
Small change for the big wheel this season, plain red instead of gold behind the $.

I love the return of the red walls. They look great behind the big dollar signs.

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2022, 07:56:40 PM »
The wheel is lookin' sharp!

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's the shades, bruh.
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2022, 09:21:30 PM »
I daresay I quite like that look for the wheel. Less busy than the square pattern. The gold was fine and made sense for the 50th anniversary but red has always been the wheel's definitive color.

The actual retail price is...
Help me out on GoFundMe

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
  • The contestant must win, must always win.
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2022, 09:35:34 PM »
I do love the wheel's sharpness for reverting to its original red walls! I just wish that the little red bulbs would return or have the Pricedown dollar signs in gold, but it is very pretty as the HD resolution of the show would make the color scheme look even better!

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • 9821 get!
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2022, 06:26:45 PM »
They taped an episode with all six models today. Per Amber's insta, the season premiere is on her birthday, September 19.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

HYO total winnings: probably like $500k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2022, 04:16:44 AM »
Some stills of the set from a video Rachel posted today: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHHKkRjMUF/