Author Topic: Season 51 Bold Predictions  (Read 8047 times)

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Season 51 Bold Predictions
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 12:30:20 PM »
• New on-screen graphics would be used for SCSD bonuses, showcase totals, and DSWs (80%).

I seriously doubt this one, because the graphics we have now have only been used for three years now. For comparison’s sake, we had the last ones (3D CGI ones) for about 10 years until the update in 2019.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2022, 01:39:39 PM »
Seems that is impossible, given that the unmodified dollar amounts top out at $10,000 and having that changed would be a modification.

I believe he meant $200,000 total won across all Plinko games throughout the season.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2022, 04:14:33 PM »
I believe he meant $200,000 total won across all Plinko games throughout the season.

That would make sense, though being it said playing (and not playings) it didn't make that seem like the intent.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2022, 04:46:40 PM »
Torgo's point may be valid, but his joke remains in extremely poor taste, and his mocking of how this site's membership would handle such a situation is extremely uncalled for.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2022, 04:54:29 PM »
The IUFB aired overbid total will be less than Season 50 ( which is at 3 with one episode remaining )

A DSW and a double overbid will happen in the same week.

All Big 3 games will be won.

A Let 'em Roll 1st roll Yahtzee.

Three 5/6 shows in the same week.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2022, 04:58:26 PM »
Understand Torgo's permanent banning was due to trolling and mentioning of the page's membership to get a reaction, not the joke itself. That's the line crossed. It's anti-constructive. Objectively, there's no upside, only helps to divide and truly just cause a reaction. This doesn't help any of our discourse or add to our experience as a joke itself would. If this post is ended with the Barker line, it stays, and personally, I don't think action is warranted, and I would've found it funny in a macabre way. But because it didn't, here we are.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2022, 05:59:23 PM »
I am perfectly fine with Torgo remaining banned forever.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2022, 07:16:40 PM »
I disagree with Gavazzi, but I will say this. At some point, we need to sit down as moderators and decide what we're doing when that eventuality occurs. I know, I've been planning for it. I told Torgo as much off site. I expect this site to be overrun with people and as someone who has written obituaries before, I  feel like it's going to end up being me handling this. But we need to have this discussion off site.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2022, 08:18:23 PM »
Just to clarify, it's not this thread specifically that's made me feel that way about Torgo.  It's been my experience that he's a horse's ass who has no respect for anyone besides himself.

I'm not the sole decision-maker around here, but given that he seems to enjoy actively disliking our site on the site itself, I don't feel that he has any business being involved in running it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2022, 09:43:40 PM »
Torgo hasn't been a mod in 5 years. He literally did the S44 first half recaps and that's it. He has no power and hasn't in years.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline bobbingforapples

• Outside in Line
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2022, 09:56:01 PM »
Torgo hasn't been a mod in 5 years. He literally did the S44 first half recaps and that's it. He has no power and hasn't in years.

If that's the case can I ask how he got a copy of a report I made on one of his posts and mockingly made it his signature for a while? Unless post reports are sent to the reported user as well.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2022, 12:23:59 PM »
-No more cars under $20,000 are offered (10%)

I have to check to see when they last offered a car under $20,000.  In other words, I have to make time to do so.  Speaking of $20 Grand, I know that they haven't offered a showcase under that amount since 2014, though they continued to offer sub- 20K cars well after that point.  There's no relation I suppose, but it's just something I thought of; in the mid-90s when they stopped offering showcases under $10K, they did away with 4-digit cars a year prior. 

Anyway, I seconded; I don't think you can find anything on the cheap anymore,  I could even see the minimum being at least $22,000 for their automobiles.

While more predictions may come up, I have a handful myself.

- The chance at Shell Game perfection plays out.  IOW, a contestants goes 4/4; he or she may or may not get the cash bonus
- Someone goes 5/5 in Switcheroo (either in one try or two tries)
- $20,000 is won in both Hot Seat & Time Is Money
- $10,000 is won in Half Off by a contestant having to choose one of sixteen boxes for the win
- 3 Strikes is lost with three draws
- Someone decides to risk $12,000 for $25,000 in To The Penny, but is unsuccessful
- Two people win $11,000 or more in the SCSD, one per half
- At least one DSW is within $10 or his or her showcase
- Some wins a $51,000+ showcase with a $25,000+ margin thanks to their opponent's $2 overbid
- Stack The Deck Is Won
- In Pocket Change, someone finds a way to lose despite making only one mistake
- In Pocket Change, someone reaches three bucks & is pretty much up against it, but wins thanks to a $2 card, one $.75 card & the 50 cent card
- Hole In One is won by a contestant putting from the sixth line

Speaking of that last "prediction", I agree with pannoni1 in terms of the bonus increase (though I disagree with a decrease).  To be more specific, I can see it; maybe as a nod to the game's 45th anniversary.  Probably up to $1,000
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2022, 03:04:48 PM »
I have to check to see when they last offered a car under $20,000.  In other words, I have to make time to do so.  Speaking of $20 Grand, I know that they haven't offered a showcase under that amount since 2014, though they continued to offer sub- 20K cars well after that point.  There's no relation I suppose, but it's just something I thought of; in the mid-90s when they stopped offering showcases under $10K, they did away with 4-digit cars a year prior. 

Anyway, I seconded; I don't think you can find anything on the cheap anymore,  I could even see the minimum being at least $22,000 for their automobiles.

They offer sub-$20K autos all the time, especially in fee games, especially especially in budget mode.

I thought the reason they phased out <$10K cars had more to do with it being impossible to find cars at that price point rather than some self-imposed minimum. But that’s not the case today—even though inflation is driving the price of the average car farther from $20K, Chevy Sparks and Nissan Versas and Hyundai Accents are well under $20K and I don’t see those models going away anytime soon.

Speaking of that last "prediction", I agree with pannoni1 in terms of the bonus increase (though I disagree with a decrease).  To be more specific, I can see it; maybe as a nod to the game's 45th anniversary.  Probably up to $1,000

The Hole in One bonus could be $25,000, but it wouldn’t change the fact that it would only be won twice in the last twelve seasons.

The amount is less exciting than the fact that it happens at all.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2022, 04:04:34 PM »
I don’t think anyone outside of this forum and associated Discord server will notice if the show is slow to make inflationary adjustments.  Heck, my place of employment sure hasn’t made any changes to my paycheck. 😅🙄

Presuming the budget itself is increased to account for inflation (which also presumes advertisers are being charged more for ad time), the powers that be may opt to place some of that money on more extravagant prizes during specials and such as opposed to increasing the budget across the board outside of common prizes that may have increased in price.  At the end of the day, as long as the show doesn’t have a cheapened feel this season, it truly doesn’t matter to me how an increased budget is/would be applied.

Grand Game is a great example of ‘across the board’ inflationary increases being unnecessary.  $10,000 is still A LOT of money in 2022.  It will take many decades of inflation…and then some…for $10,000 NOT to be a lot of money.  No, it won’t buy you a new automobile as it once did when the game premiered.  But that doesn’t mean the game is inherently broken.  Until the minimum pricing game prize value is greater than $10,000, I have serious doubt we’ll see any changes to this game.  And even when that time comes, I could foresee a bonus of some sort being added instead of the game being retooled permanently to be played in increments of $2-$20,000.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline actpir

• Outside in Line
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2022, 05:32:07 PM »
I might as well list my predictions. My apologies if any predictions have already been posted.

Let 'Em Roll: Contestant does not acquire any additional rolls, and still manages to win the car by rolling all five dice and revealing car symbols on only free roll.

Punch-A-Bunch: Contestant only manages to acquire one punch and wins $5K+.

Showcase Showdown
: All three contestants land on the dollar on their first spin (or their two spins add up to a dollar), forcing a three-way tie spin-off to see who will advance to the Showcase.

Time is Money: Contestant manages to place all of the items in the correct pricing ranges on their first try.

Any Number: Contestant manages to win the car by guessing all of the digits for the car without filling in digits for the medium prize on the piggy bank.

Showcase: A contestant wins a Double Showcase with their bid being within $20 or less on their showcase.

We are able to award shiny spinning golden stars to some of our members for being contestants on this season of TPIR.

- AC

First, Wheel of Fortune (Season 37, 08/03/2020) - Now, will I get the chance to "Come on Down"?