Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread  (Read 29697 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2022, 09:45:03 AM »
I apparently spoke too soon on WHAT ARE YOU DOING showing up as a choice for Bonus Land.   The Thursday and Friday episodes the contestants chose that category, which apparently is one I would NOT choose.

I think the Thursday's BONUS puzzle was more difficult than the Friday's puzzle.   But the Friday's puzzle had some traps.

I managed to talk to Alyssa via Facebook on the Thursday's episode.   Had she been in Bonus Land instead of Noah, she would have picked WHAT ARE YOU DOING over THING and PHRASE, BUT, she would NOT have been able to solve that puzzle.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2022, 09:53:26 AM »
FINALLY we get to see a $50K envelope hit for once in Bonus Land.   It took us 11 weeks to see that one.   

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2022, 02:45:55 PM »
The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council is allowed to have their wrong opinion.  :lol:

Just onions for me.

But ketchup IS an acceptable topping.

Just wait until the producers put up a puzzle that's something along the lines of:

HOT DOG WITH
KETCHUP
MUSTARD
ONION & RELISH

(I think that'd fit on the standard puzzleboard.)

Brian

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2022, 04:50:40 PM »
It would fit, but ONION would have to go in the third row.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2022, 11:46:44 PM »
We went this long without THING being chosen in Season 40 Bonus Land for the civilian version, but tonight that streak is broken.   Boy it was a toughie. 

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2022, 11:54:46 PM »
It's rare to have TWO Million Dollar Bonus Lands in a row, but we had it today.   But I cringed when WHAT ARE YOU DOING was picked for the Bonus...yesterday it was THING.   

The puzzle writers threw a toughie today...there were a few trap letters in that puzzle.   But it was solved.   I apparently fell for the trap.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2022, 08:32:41 PM »
Two days this week, both of my least favorite categories picked for Bonus Land.

Apparently, I think tonight's puzzle was worse than last nights.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2022, 09:46:10 PM »
Much better main game this time, however. The first two rounds are a reason it's called "Wheel of Fortune".  :P
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2022, 09:47:19 PM »
Much better main game this time, however. The first two rounds are a reason it's called "Wheel of Fortune".  :P

I'd wish the winning contestant did NOT forfeit the Wild Card to the Bankrupt.   Yikes.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2022, 11:25:55 PM »
Celebrity Wheel of Fortune, I have no words to say about the win percentage of Bonus Land this round.   

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2022, 10:43:07 PM »
I'm NOT liking this week of Secret Santa in regards to Bonus Land.   Tonight's puzzle was a real head scratcher.   I still like LIVING THING regardless.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2022, 10:14:41 AM »
We've had weeks on Secret Santa season on Wheel of Fortune in the past where the entire week Bonus Land was not won at all.   

I'm noticing Bellamie and the staff are really making the contestants earn their wins with these tough puzzles for week 1 of Secret Santa.   You don't know where they put the LANDMINE or LANDMINES in.   Last night's puzzle was tough I admit, BUT that was nothing compared to the other three puzzles we have had this week.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2022, 03:16:33 AM »
I looked at tonight's episode with Kate...Oh my GOD.   LOL    What she said after Bonus Land was finished was priceless.

When Kate picked the Bonus Land category and apparently I call the PHRASE/THING/WHAT ARE YOU DOING the Raw Deal List (Bellamie and staff used that dreaded list the third time this week!), I was like, "You just let the skunks out."   (bad reference, sorry couldn't resist!)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 03:19:44 AM by Richie »

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2022, 02:31:39 PM »
Celebrity Wheel of Fortune Bonus Land record is 5/24??    Good God.

For the civilian version this week Bellamie and staff were a little more generous.   I can't say anything more than that there are three more episodes of Secret Santa.   And I don't want to talk about last week.

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2022, 07:32:52 PM »
"What Are You Doing" claims another victim.