Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread  (Read 29158 times)

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2023, 12:30:19 AM »
Gosh after Preston hit the $100,000 on Thursday, Bellamie threw toughies the last two Bonus Lands:

THING (Friday): A PECULIAR QUIRK

WHAT ARE YOU DOING (Monday): WAVING MY HANDS

In my honest opinion the Monday puzzle was much harder than the Friday's.

I'd say Monday's puzzle was not as hard as Friday's. It makes more sense to pair WAVING with HANDS than to use QUIRK in a puzzle at all.

Tonight's bonus puzzle CERAMIC COOKWARE was much easier. CDMA clearly wins this one especially with the category In The Kitchen, so it could still be a balance of easy and hard for the week. Wait and see...
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2023, 11:49:45 PM »
Tonight's Bonus Land...I have absolutely NO words.   That puzzle was not only HARD...that was more WHAT ARE YOU DOING than FUN and GAMES.

I have to admit Ben definitely said what we are all thinking here.

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2023, 12:24:41 AM »
I can't believe I'm saying this...tonight's FAIL in Bonus Land...Meg should have been able to solve this one.   She picked some smart letters...then...ugh

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2023, 01:04:34 AM »
Someone finally brought the Million-Dollar Wedge to the Bonus Round on an XL episode, and they even brought the XL wedge with them! So it was really two chances to win $1,040,000. :oldlol:

Too bad the bonus spin wasn't one of the two envelopes, but the contestant added $40,000 to a car.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2023, 01:35:19 AM »
Someone finally brought the Million-Dollar Wedge to the Bonus Round on an XL episode, and they even brought the XL wedge with them! So it was really two chances to win $1,040,000. :oldlol:

Too bad the bonus spin wasn't one of the two envelopes, but the contestant added $40,000 to a car.

Well at least one of the $40,000 envelopes went bye bye along with the $100,000 envelope.

We've been 2 for 2 when somebody brought the XL wedge to Bonus Land.

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2023, 09:57:50 PM »
Good Idea or BAD IDEA: Taking the Express with the Wild Card and/or the Million Dollar Wedge in your possession.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2023, 10:22:38 PM »
You seem to imply it's a bad idea. I think I'm careful enough to sweep the Express and win the game. The Wild Card is only worth about $4,000 on average, and the MDW is such an outlier thing that I don't care enough.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2023, 01:22:36 AM »
If you know just some of the letters, you can use the Express ride to your advantage. The only reason you might decline is if you think you can call a multiple on $3,500 and you know the answer already (bonus points if you can hit the space with the Wild Card).

The Mystery flip, on the other hand, is a true gamble. Funny enough, we had a BANKRUPT flip on the same episode.

EDIT: I guess another reason to decline is if you know absolutely none of the letters, and you trust the other two players to reveal them before you get your turn back.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 01:26:46 AM by mechamind »
________

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2023, 11:40:03 PM »
Last week we had somebody miss on an EVENT Bonus Puzzle with almost all the letters filled in.   Tonight, we had somebody miss a PHRASE puzzle with almost all the letters filled in Bonus Land.   Ay yi yi.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 11:42:37 PM by Richie »

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2023, 12:07:16 AM »
As someone who has been on the show, please make sure you understand the difference between playing at home and playing in the studio. I know I would be discouraged to miss out on $40,000, and then see comments implying it was an easy miss.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2023, 07:59:10 PM »
I said before that I hoped the show would avoid another CHOOSING THE RIGHT WORD fiasco, but they were really playing with fire in tonight's Bonus Round puzzle. It's a lucky thing for them that the contestant got it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 08:03:58 PM by PatrickRox80 »

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2023, 11:04:15 AM »
One comment from Mario on Buy A Vowel:

I love how Pat didn't accept the answer at first because she paused before the last word, and starts to prompt her to say it all again, but then it just flashes on the board as if the operator said, "No, Pat. We're not dealing with THAT rule again. She's good."
________

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2023, 09:30:49 PM »
First team week in three years! Appropriately, this one is Sweethearts Week.
________

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2023, 09:14:50 AM »
And it's only appropriate since it's Valentine's Day week too!    I missed the team weeks too!   There will be $2,000 house minimums only for this week.

I gotta admit, I got stumped on the Bonus Land puzzle...but Peachy was quick!   And what's appropriate for the 50th Bonus Land win...to hit the $50,000 that night?

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2023, 09:20:37 PM »
And now for something a little different. There were two guys on the red team today. ♂️♂️

Interestingly enough (at least to me), one of them is named Charlie Brown.

Outside of that, it was a pretty normal game played to five rounds.
________