Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread  (Read 29983 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2023, 11:33:14 PM »
...and I just checked the Wheel of Fortune Facebook...looks like we have teens next taping week.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2023, 12:47:05 AM »
That souvenir that Jim Thornton showed tonight...I liked it.

We finish Bonus Land on a 2-3 week.   BIG mistake for tonight's couple to pick WHAT ARE YOU DOING...that one was not only hard in my honest opinion, that one had several wasted letter picks. 

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2023, 08:21:59 PM »
I'm really noticing Bellamie for the past 8 to 9 taping weeks have put PHRASE and THING as two of the category choices for Bonus Land with a different category as the third choice.   Not meaning to knock on the current producer, but we need more originality with the three category choices before Bonus Land begins.

Anyways after seeing tonight's Bonus Land puzzle, I actually managed to solve it, despite the fact that it was a very difficult puzzle for Teen Week.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2023, 08:24:21 PM »
So Teen Week is back, and like the 90's, we have solo players again. It feels more like a normal show, which in this case is a good thing.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2023, 08:26:33 PM »
So Teen Week is back, and like the 90's, we have solo players again. It feels more like a normal show, which in this case is a good thing.

I read your response on Buy a Vowel boards Mechamind.   You missed the Bonus Puzzle?

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2023, 08:28:23 PM »
I did, maybe because I already locked onto PIZZA before the contestant picked three and a vowel. It's hard to get out of it sometimes. :-x
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2023, 09:37:01 PM »
“FREGH TROPICAL FRUIT”

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2023, 10:30:40 PM »
“FREGH TROPICAL FRUIT”

yeah that part made me cringe.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2023, 11:17:59 PM »
I'm sure Antigua has some "BUSF" RESTAURANT KITCHENS where they know how to prepare such fruit. :P
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2023, 01:58:16 AM »
My female dance friend Stevi also watched that moment on Wheel of Fortune today.   Her words "I was so confused as to why she bought the U...then when she said G, I just about died."

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2023, 09:00:55 PM »
Well, well. This time, we had two players whose mothers appeared on the show! One of today's teens won the Trip Puzzle, but the other only finished with the $1,000 consolation prize.

Of course, it was the one other player who made it to the Bonus Round. But she did well, and she finished with a big all-cash total!
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2023, 02:31:22 AM »
Well, well. This time, we had two players whose mothers appeared on the show! One of today's teens won the Trip Puzzle, but the other only finished with the $1,000 consolation prize.

Of course, it was the one other player who made it to the Bonus Round. But she did well, and she finished with a big all-cash total!

I found out who that person was...Irene from season 34.   Unfortunately her son got the consolation $1000.   She had a million dollar bonus round back in January.   

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2023, 02:35:13 AM »
I found out who that person was...Irene from season 34.   Unfortunately her son got the consolation $1000.   She had a million dollar bonus round back then.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2023, 11:34:05 PM »
One word: Kaden.

I've seen over-the-top contestants, and then you have someone like Kaden. Dressed as Pat Sajak for Halloween, super excited about a "Crossword" before it's even revealed, his loud "Darn it!" to bankrupting in Round 3, "the bulb" lighting up in Round 4 when it wasn't even his turn, his reaction to solving the Speed-Up in Round 5 (even if only for the house minimum).

"Would you help me get him out of his shell?" :oldlol:
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2023, 11:41:28 PM »
One worder WHAT ARE YOU DOING bonus puzzles are often killers.   It's been a long time since somebody solved a one worder WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

On a side note, I'm glad Bellamie put PERSON instead of PHRASE as a choice for Bonus Land.  I really wanted tonight's contestant to pick PERSON because THING and WHAT ARE YOU DOING often have landmine Bonus puzzles.