Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread  (Read 29644 times)

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2023, 12:05:31 AM »
Interesting that this week only the top three teams get to play in the Friday Finals.
Well, that is generally how the Friday Finals work, as a rule...

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2023, 12:51:11 AM »
History with the various news sites out there tells me that the guess of PLAYING WITH BALLS in the Speed-Up Round is going to make headlines.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2023, 08:21:34 AM »
Well, that is generally how the Friday Finals work, as a rule...

They haven't used that Friday finals rule since September 21, 1998.   This is the first time in a very long time...

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2023, 01:55:05 PM »
^ They did it one more time for an NFL week in January 1999. Nobody won the Bonus Round that week, including the winning finalists.

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2023, 07:32:23 PM »
Just when you thought the show couldn't get more weird or crazy.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2023, 11:33:23 PM »
Yikes we are 0/2 for Bonus Land this week and unfortunately WHAT ARE YOU DOING was picked for a second consecutive time this week.

...but this time, this puzzle had a trap.   I apparently fell for the trap.   Not nice Bellamie.

I think we need to deviate from picking WHAT ARE YOU DOING for now...

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2023, 01:01:01 AM »
...but this time, this puzzle had a trap.   I apparently fell for the trap.

I actually didn't fall for the trap. Somehow, MAKING A WILD COMEBACK was my first thought. I did, however, have their guess as a backup.

Also, to do with the Triple Toss-Ups...how does MAXING OUT MY CREDIT CARD fit under Fun & Games? :rollold:
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2023, 01:27:36 AM »
I actually didn't fall for the trap. Somehow, MAKING A WILD COMEBACK was my first thought. I did, however, have their guess as a backup.

Also, to do with the Triple Toss-Ups...how does MAXING OUT MY CREDIT CARD fit under Fun & Games? :rollold:

MAXING OUT MY CREDIT CARD is more WHAT ARE YOU DOING.   FAIL on the producers on that one.

mechamind you did great with the Bonus puzzle not falling for that trap.   It WAS between MAKING A WILD COMEBACK or MAKING A BOLD COMEBACK.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2023, 10:47:53 PM »
I thought AROUND THE HOUSE on tonight's episode for Bonus Land was a good choice.   NOT TODAY.

Damn that was a very hard puzzle.   They are really pulling out all the stops with these Bonus puzzles this week.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2023, 12:41:33 AM »
We are apparently not doing very well in Bonus Land this week and in 2023, we have NOT had a skunked week.

The top three teams get to face off in the Friday Finals.   

Any bets if the Raw Deal list is used for Bonus Land for the Friday Finals?   In my honest opinion, I'm gonna say yes.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2023, 01:47:42 AM »
I was right with PHRASE and THING as two choices but EVENTS was the third option.   I apparently picked EVENTS along with Grant and Natalya.

...Bellamie, that puzzle was VERY hard.   I did NOT get that one.   I think this week was overbudget methinks.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2023, 10:13:10 PM »
We have College Spring Break On Wheel this week...

...is it just me or is Bonus Land getting harder and harder?   We have no Bonus Land win since March 22, 2023.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2023, 11:18:31 PM »
We're thinking more about the Round 1 puzzle this time, FLIPPING OPEN MY NEW FLIP PHONE for Fun & Games and following the "X'ing a/an/the X" pattern again.

Coincidentally, I got a news article on my Android phone today about "dumb phones" (another term for a flip phone) becoming popular among Gen Z. The contestant who solved said she didn't have one, but it's possible that one of them will...not that we'll ever know about it.  :P
________

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2023, 07:55:09 PM »
So for the first time in decades, someone's Final Spin had to be redone on air. And again. And again. The blue contestant had to spin the Wheel four times. :oldlol:

I actually remember watching in first-run long ago and seeing Pat spin the Wheel four times before cutting to the board. Presumably, that was the January 25, 1994 episode.

(Yes, they simply edited it out before this, and they'll probably continue after this, but it's always funny to see it happen.)
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2023, 10:01:24 AM »
...and Bonus Land's losing streak ends at 8.   It was a tricky puzzle, BUT the contestant picked some smart letters.

I'm surprised this season alone, PEOPLE is getting more wins than PERSON.   PERSON has 9 losses, THING has 8 losses.