Author Topic: GameTV Retro Schedule Change on September 12  (Read 1079 times)

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
GameTV Retro Schedule Change on September 12
« on: September 02, 2022, 05:42:15 PM »
Beginning on Monday, September 12, Super Password and Tic Tac Dough are leaving the GameTV schedule.

But joining GameTV's retro lineup are three fresh Fremantle classics: To Tell the Truth, Tattletales and Monty Hall's Beat the Clock.  It is believed that the Anderson version of Truth will air, but time will tell.  As long as it is not the O'Hurley version.

Monty's Clock is very surprising to come to GameTV, considering its incredibly short run and I don't think Buzzr aired the entire series (or at least, never aired the finale).

It makes sense for Super Password to go, considering it was the same 85 episodes over and over and over again like there was no tomorrow.

Offline dagdoggnh

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: GameTV Retro Schedule Change on September 12
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 12:06:20 AM »
Beginning on Monday, September 12, Super Password and Tic Tac Dough are leaving the GameTV schedule.

But joining GameTV's retro lineup are three fresh Fremantle classics: To Tell the Truth, Tattletales and Monty Hall's Beat the Clock.  It is believed that the Anderson version of Truth will air, but time will tell.  As long as it is not the O'Hurley version.

Monty's Clock is very surprising to come to GameTV, considering its incredibly short run and I don't think Buzzr aired the entire series (or at least, never aired the finale).

It makes sense for Super Password to go, considering it was the same 85 episodes over and over and over again like there was no tomorrow.

I thought Anderson and O'Hurley both hosted Family Feud, not To Tell the Truth.

Offline mechamind

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 12:22:11 AM »
This is for To Tell the Truth. John O'Hurley from 2000-02, and Anthony Anderson from the more recent shows.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

It's another Adam who is another recapper for another game show on another site.

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 01:16:45 PM »
There will also be a classic run of To Tell the Truth, and it is the Moore version from 1973. It launches on Monday.  Monty Hall's Beat the Clock replaces the latter airing of Dick Clark's The $100,000 Pyramid.

I'd also be interested if we will see fresh episodes of Perry's Card Sharks and Sale of the Century too.

It appears that most of the retro lineup will consist of 1970s material.

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »
At this point, I feel like singing "Blame Canada". Look at all those 1970's games in one schedule.

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 01:57:35 PM »
There will also be a classic run of To Tell the Truth, and it is the Moore version from 1973. It launches on Monday.  Monty Hall's Beat the Clock replaces the latter airing of Dick Clark's The $100,000 Pyramid.

I'd also be interested if we will see fresh episodes of Perry's Card Sharks and Sale of the Century too.

It appears that most of the retro lineup will consist of 1970s material.

It seems for THaT to air episodes in no particular order.