Author Topic: Season Premiere Pre-emption  (Read 7739 times)

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
Re: Season Premiere Pre-emption
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2022, 03:34:06 PM »
Speaking as someone who has worked in the media for more than 40 years, CBS is hoping the live coverage carries right up to the start of TPIR with the hopes that everyone who got up before dawn to watch all the pomp and circumstance of the funeral will be ready for something less somber for the next hour. Or, they fell asleep with the TV on that’s hooked up to a Nielsen device.

"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2022, 05:31:37 PM »
In Canada we.know CityTV will.not air price because of the funeral, even though CityTV does not have a national news cast.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2022, 07:36:33 PM »
Speaking as someone who has worked in the media for more than 40 years, CBS is hoping the live coverage carries right up to the start of TPIR with the hopes that everyone who got up before dawn to watch all the pomp and circumstance of the funeral will be ready for something less somber for the next hour. Or, they fell asleep with the TV on that’s hooked up to a Nielsen device.
According to the Order of Service released by Buckingham Palace, the portion that takes place at Windsor Castle is supposed to start at 11 AM Eastern. Going by TV listings, it is supposed to last an hour, and ABC and NBC are shown as airing it, although CBS and Fox are not.

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »
my 2 cents: the TPIR social media pages wouldn't be promoting it if they knew it'd be preempted

Especially that one on Instagram, "therealpriceisright," which I am following-- it'd be a bad look if this premiere was hyped as much as it was, and then was preempted on the day of.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2022, 08:12:08 AM »
It’s also worth considering there’s a whole other part of the country when these decisions are made. CBS out west will get to have local news for at least a part of the important morning time period on rather important owned stations like KCBS and KPIX. That’s not exactly insignificant. CBS Mornings, though presumably nearly all royal funeral coverage, will air, while GMA and a good chunk of Today won’t. Less significant than the revenue CBS may still be able to not lose for an hour of news, but not worthless by any means.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2022, 09:46:00 AM »
i have my local CBS station on now, and they're not carrying the funeral (even BEFORE the game shows would start)

Offline harrisburgpatv

• Outside in Line
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2022, 10:23:26 AM »
On KYW in Philly, the CBS coverage ended at 9, but they aired an hour of "CBS Mornings" from 9-10. LMaD aired at 10, so it sounds good for Price to air at 11.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2022, 12:40:47 PM »
City TV was showing funeral coverage till 1pm (it's a bigger deal for us since Canada is a Commonwealth realm).  WIVB (Buffalo affiliate) aired Price in its entirety
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2022, 02:54:39 PM »
WIVB (Buffalo affiliate) aired Price in its entirety

And my local CBS (WSPA) had it too.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2022, 07:36:21 PM »
I bet the show aired entirely in all U.S. markets across the nation by now.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2022, 11:29:22 PM »
I bet the show aired entirely in all U.S. markets across the nation by now.

And with that utterly pointless observation made after the end of the show's timeslot in Hawaii, I think it's time we LOCK this thread.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.