Author Topic: Superfan Special taping November 9  (Read 8001 times)

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Superfan Special taping November 9
« on: September 21, 2022, 12:35:00 AM »
If you’re able to be in the LA area on Wednesday November 9, and you can prove you’re the biggest superfan ever of TPIR, your moment has arrived!

https://priceisright.com/2022/09/were-looking-for-super-fans-to-come-on-down/
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Superfan Special taping November 9
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 11:58:10 AM »
It looks like they're not requiring that you haven't been on the show in the last 10 years for this particular episode:

https://woobox.com/7gf4wq

Just that you haven't been on any other game show in the last 1 year or more than 4 shows in the last 10.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 03:08:21 PM »
They did that in season 46. The "superfan" aspect wasn't overwhelmingly prominent during the episode.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 03:40:26 PM »
It looks like they're not requiring that you haven't been on the show in the last 10 years for this particular episode:

https://woobox.com/7gf4wq

Just that you haven't been on any other game show in the last 1 year or more than 4 shows in the last 10.

I noticed this and thought that it might have been a typographical error or omission… but it’s on both the Superfan episode *AND* the “Lost my episode”/2nd Chance special.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 03:08:35 PM »
Perhaps something to do with them being for nighttime specials rather than "normal" shows?

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 08:10:32 PM »
Perhaps something to do with them being for nighttime specials rather than "normal" shows?

In the past, the normal show has always said "all versions" of the Price is Right, day, night, special, Doug Davidson.

As an FYI for others: I filled out my application on Sunday. I received an email today saying I was under consideration to move further in the process, should I be able to make my own travel arrangements for the tape day.
I'm a gif.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 02:39:14 PM »
 A further update to this: a casting person called me this afternoon. Unfortunately, the 10 year requirement still applies to the specials, even though it is not listed on the sign up page.
I'm a gif.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2022, 08:13:55 PM »
In the past, the normal show has always said "all versions" of the Price is Right, day, night, special, Doug Davidson.

As an FYI for others: I filled out my application on Sunday. I received an email today saying I was under consideration to move further in the process, should I be able to make my own travel arrangements for the tape day.

I see that it does apply (per your other post), but what I was thinking (before that was known) was that maybe they would not apply it to this type of special, being the special is being done as a nighttime show rather than an episode of the daytime show, that is that having been on a normal daytime show would not impact being on a special show. 

Would have made sense, particularly for this one, but apparently it was just someone messing up the posting :)

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2022, 06:00:22 PM »
I applied for an audition, they told Me they'd call Me sometime between now and March so it's unlikely that I'm going to be able to attend that taping. 
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline CROCODlLE

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2022, 01:01:19 PM »
I applied to that one myself. No call or email or nothing.  :cry: Jealous of those who at least received some kind of communication!

Offline ImLost

• Outside in Line
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 11:44:55 AM »
A further update to this: a casting person called me this afternoon. Unfortunately, the 10 year requirement still applies to the specials, even though it is not listed on the sign up page.

The Price is Right: Redemption Special is filming today, and I can confirm that contestants who appeared on the show within the last 10 years will be in the audience as eligible contestants.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2022, 05:52:27 PM »
Has anyone confirmed when this episode is going to air, I am very excited to see this one. I am curious to see how I would go compared to some of our one of our premade games on the discord or on this forum and how it will go differently. Considering that most of us are big fans on the site too.

Online gameshowrecaps

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2022, 06:18:15 PM »
Likely during January-February's episodes of The Price is Right at Night. I think we'll get more info around next month on what episodes we get for The Price is Right at Night.

Offline ImLost

• Outside in Line
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2022, 01:21:11 PM »
Likely during January-February's episodes of The Price is Right at Night. I think we'll get more info around next month on what episodes we get for The Price is Right at Night.

You're correct. The Superfan episode was supposed to film on Wed, Nov 9, 2022 and air in early 2023, however Drew catching COVID-19 has changed the filming & air dates.

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2022, 01:14:00 PM »
Has anyone confirmed when this episode is going to air, I am very excited to see this one. I am curious to see how I would go compared to some of our one of our premade games on the discord or on this forum and how it will go differently. Considering that most of us are big fans on the site too.
There's https://priceisright.com/calendar for a list of tapes-dates to air dates.  November 9 is only listed as an air-date.

The show is doing the best they can and aren't being "lazy", and with the host himself being knocked out with a case of covid, precautions still need to be taken.
We all know covid sucks, and I really do believe it's not a matter of if but when it goes back to a full audience.   We just find it hard to believe that TPIR is staying cautious despite almost everything else from airlines to broadway shows having lifted those precautions.  The fact that Drew caught the virus despite being vaccinated 3-4 times pretty much justifies their decisions.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 01:23:23 PM by Eddie »
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L