Author Topic: Season 51 Price is Right at Night: Twins (Young Sheldon), Superfans, more  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
https://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/?view=100911-a-new-the-price-is-right-at-night-primetime-special-welcomes-young-sheldon-stars-iain-armitage-and-raegan-revord-sept-30

THE PRICE IS RIGHT, hosted by Drew Carey, welcomes YOUNG SHELDON actors Iain Armitage and Raegan Revord to a special primetime episode of THE PRICE IS RIGHT AT NIGHT, Friday, Sept. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on-demand on Paramount+*.

The stakes are raised this season as THE PRICE IS RIGHT AT NIGHT is set to debut an additional five primetime specials, where contestants such as super fans and grocery store workers will have their pricing skills put to the test. More details to be announced.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline bigdodgeram

• In the Audience
Re: Season 51 Price is Right at Night: Twins (Young Sheldon), Superfans, more
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 05:18:25 PM »
good news!!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 01:19:16 PM »
https://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/?view=101275

Apparently, there are going to be weekly episodes of TPIRaN every Wednesday from 1/4 to 3/1?
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

HYO total winnings: probably like $500k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 01:41:37 PM »
Huh.  Believe it or not I was actually thinking about TPIR @ Night and if those were on the way with the holidays coming up as well as more openings due to a lot of shows going on break until the new year.

I was planning to ask later this evening; either way here we go.

This is pretty good news.  For one, it's a decent lead in for Lingo, and there really isn't too much to get excited over early in the new calendar year IMO.

No surprise they'll all be themed.  Someone mentioned a celebrity-free PIR at Night & how nice that would be.  Maybe it happens, but I expect each of the 8 or so episodes to feature a star as has been the custom
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi ho, hi ho!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 02:28:03 PM »
No surprise they'll all be themed.  Someone mentioned a celebrity-free PIR at Night & how nice that would be.  Maybe it happens, but I expect each of the 8 or so episodes to feature a star as has been the custom
Don't be so sure.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 03:54:10 PM »
The one thing that makes Celebrity Price episodes strong is that the celebrities are not the focus of the show. They are a part of it. But most people watch game shows to see average joes and janes win life changing money and prizes. If the night time shows are now just celebrity ones, that's fine. It doesn't bother me.
Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 10:51:28 PM »
The link in the original post of the thread mentioned themes, the Twins theme that aired September 30 was one and then the superfans and grocery store workers were two others listed.

I don't mind the celebs too much either, since its still civilian contestants playing and the celebs don't really try to take over.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 11:00:49 PM »
I donít mind the celebrity ones too much, they can be enjoyable. If I remember right the front line workers episode in season 49 was the only Price is Right At Night episode to have regular contestants with no celebrity helpers.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 11:00:06 PM »
^The Twins episode this past September had celebrity guests but they not playing along with the contestants as they have typically done, they only made a couple of appearances during the show.

Offline gameshowrecaps

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 04:47:13 PM »
I just checked futoncritic. They put out 5 listings for TPIR @ Night from 1/4 all the way to 2/1. The other 3 listings are TBA for now.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • For a difference of...
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 05:55:14 PM »
Very interesting that we're getting consistent The Price is Right At Night episodes as schedule filler for this winter season. Hopefully there are some great wins and memorable moments.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."