Author Topic: Celebrity Jeopardy! - Fall 2022  (Read 3437 times)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Celebrity Jeopardy! - Fall 2022
« on: September 25, 2022, 09:05:44 PM »
Great show tonight. Congrats to Simu Liu on his come-from-behind victory.

I thought the show was a little drawn-out, but the ending more than made up for it. And I thought it was very cool to hear “(category) for $900" after all of these years! :-)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 09:11:22 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Celebrity Jeopardy! - Fall 2022
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 10:55:36 PM »
I enjoyed it, the celebs all seemed genuinely happy to be there and having a good time with each other. What a finish with Simu getting the upset over Andy, Simu was in total shock.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 09:03:18 PM »
On the October 2nd episode: Again, I thought the show dragged at times (Did we have to have commentary after practically every successful or unsuccessful ring-in?), but I was entertained quite a bit by Reggie. And he's very good with German and French accents.

Congratulations to Iliza.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 09:06:46 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 09:04:34 PM »
On the October 9th episode: As a former regular Jeopardy! watcher, it was quite refreshing to see every category played in the traditional (and yes, not "optimal") way: from top to bottom. And I was impressed by Constance Wu's comeback attempt in Triple Jeopardy!. She made it a game.

Congratulations to Ike Barinholtz. First semifinal game next week.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 09:09:05 PM »
Tonight's show was a vast improvement from last week's show, and what a comeback for Constance Wu with that true Daily Double in Triple Jeopardy! though the mentioned misspelling from the Inside Jeopardy podcast a few weeks ago cost her a spot in the semi-finals to Ike Barinholtz who was also on fire tonight.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 09:22:45 PM »
Tonight's show was a vast improvement from last week's show, and what a comeback for Constance Wu with that true Daily Double in Triple Jeopardy! though the mentioned misspelling from the Inside Jeopardy podcast a few weeks ago cost her a spot in the semi-finals to Ike Barinholtz who was also on fire tonight.

Two true and successful Daily Doubles in that round for Constance Wu. And I definitely agree with you on tonight's show and on Ike's performance.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 09:04:10 PM »
Congratulations to Ike Barinholtz on advancing to the Finals. Though not quite a runaway game, impressive performance. And I agree, pretty entertaining episode.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 09:01:57 PM »
I agree; quite the exciting Triple Jeopardy! round tonight. Major comeback for Matt Rogers. Most of the clues were "so" easy though, at least in my opinion. I question the Final J! wagering of all three contestants though.

Congratulations to now semifinalist John Michael Higgins.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 09:03:33 PM »
Hasan was SO irritating tonight!

Congratulations to Wil Wheaton on his runaway win regardless.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 06:22:32 PM »
My takeaways from these shows so far:

-I said before that, with the right batch of celebrities, this can be a very enjoyable show. They got the right batch of celebrities.

-The format certainly works for a one-hour show. At first I was hesitant when they revealed they went back to the old dollar values, but it works for the easier material for these shows and the one-hour format with Triple Jeopardy.

-I really enjoy all of the cameos from former Jeopardy! champions presenting a category every show. Nice callback to the show's history.

-The more I see of the two, the more I am convinced Ken should be the sole host of the show, and Mayim should be nowhere near it. She still seems like she's reading off a teleprompter and comes off robotic at times, while Ken's hosting seems more natural, and overall he does a far better job keeping the game moving.

-I still can't get used to hearing a name other than "Alex Trebek" after Johnny says "Here is the host of Jeopardy!"
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 09:08:19 PM »
Honored to have the Director’s comment above. :)

On the November 6th episode: Quite the enjoyable game I’d say, with pretty much traditional play and not too many side comments. Gotta say that I laughed out loud at Ray Romano’s Final response:  “What is We should be able to pause!” :D

Congratulations to Joel Kim Booster on his runaway victory. Another semifinal game next week.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2022, 09:03:39 PM »
On the November 13th episode: I found Final Jeopardy! “super easy”. :)

Congratulations to Wil Wheaton, who advances to the finals. Joel Kim Booster’s challenge made it a great game.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023, 09:24:24 PM »
On the January 5th episode: Congratulations to Michael Cera on his runaway victory. And I thought it was great to see the entire game played the traditional way.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2023, 09:03:02 PM »
On the January 19th episode: Hearty congratulations to Brendan Hunt on his runaway victory. Tonight’s episode showed BJ Novak how apparently hunting for the Daily Doubles can backfire, as Hunt found all of them.

I did find his Final Jeopardy! response of “What is going on here” very funny though, as did much of the studio audience. :D

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 01:20:42 AM »
What a great “come-from-third-place” win for Patton Oswalt, who will play for $1,000,000 (for charity) in the season finale. And a completely traditional, top-to-bottom game as well. :-)

I found all of the Daily Doubles so easy. Anyone else?