Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > Season 51

TPiR Recap - 9/28/2022

<< < (2/2)

mechamind:

--- Quote from: SeaBreeze341 on September 28, 2022, 02:49:10 PM ---(though $12,000 cash given away in cash is never not a bad thing).
--- End quote ---

I take it you would've wanted to see more cash won, and same for me.  :-)

Not my day in Pathfinder, but at least Kenya had a good day. I would've done much better with Card Game.

kingpin623:
PAY THE RENT: I’m over a week behind on eps right now, so I’m surprised no one else caught this, but anyway… What would have happened if Audra put the lasagna together with cashews on the 1st floor and the soda with the sunscreen on the second floor (or vice versa)?

LASAGNA + CASHEWS = $3.99 + $7.99 = $11.98
SODA + SUNSCREEN = 99¢ + $10.99 = $11.98

Would they have given Audra the $10K, or would she have lost $5K?  The rules state “the two items on the 2nd floor have to total more than the two items on the 1st floor”.  But on other games, ties have been given to the contestant, even when the rules to the respective pricing game would imply otherwise.  We had someone set the Magic # on the exact price of the lower-priced prize once, and that was counted as a win, even though the rules state “set the Magic # higher than the price of the [lower-priced prize], but lower than the price of the [higher-priced prize].  Similarly, there is at least one playing of Give or Keep (April 5, 1983, Ep # 4872D, currently in PlutoTV’s rotation) in which there was a tie ($90 apiece); this was also awarded to the contestant, even though the rules are “if you keep more than you give, you win”.

PICK A NUMBER and BALANCE GAME:  I was recently explaining the current Balance Game to a friend who had just watched a playing of the original Balance Game on PlutoTV.  I told him that the current Balance Game is basically like Pick a Number, but you’re always dealing with the thousands (and sometimes ten-thousands, esp in Balance) digit.  So it’s funny that the two should come up in the same show, especially given that the missing digit in Pick a Number today was in fact the thousands digit.

Interesting episode if nothing else.
JBK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version