Author Topic: looking for copy of price is right late 1963 with Piper Colt aircraft  (Read 1922 times)

Offline freewheelin

• Outside in Line
Hello, I have a 1963 Piper Colt Airplane that was featured on the price is right and the date shown in the aircraft log book was November 1963. I have attached a copy of the log entry. I am hoping to find a copy of the show that featured this aircraft, Please help me find this exciting and meaning full show so I can view it.
 Thanks Frank

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: looking for copy of price is right late 1963 with Piper Colt aircraft
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:17:58 AM »
Welcome to the site, Frank. :-)

Unfortunately, ABC episodes of the original Price are rather scarce, and I am not aware of any existing shows from 1963. The only thing I can suggest is asking on The Game Show Forum.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: looking for copy of price is right late 1963 with Piper Colt aircraft
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:11:39 PM »
Back when GSN had rights to Price repeats, the only 1963 show they aired from ABC was October, and that show did not feature a plane. (The other shows they screened were from 1964.)
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline vinniezz

• Outside in Line
Hello, I have a 1963 Piper Colt Airplane that was featured on the price is right and the date shown in the aircraft log book was November 1963. I have attached a copy of the log entry. I am hoping to find a copy of the show that featured this aircraft, Please help me find this exciting and meaning full show so I can view it.
 Thanks Frank

Hey Frank, that was my uncle that won the plane on price is right in 1962. I believe the tail number at that time was N53Z or N52Z. I have a picture of the airplane that I can get when I get home.

Formatting fixed by Steve.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 01:14:28 PM by SteveGavazzi »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Vinnie, I appreciate your enthusiasm here, but it feels worth pointing out that the person whose question you're answering hasn't logged into the site in 11 years.  To be sure, we're always interested in stories about the Cullen version of TPIR, but it seems unlikely that Frank is going to see this.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.