Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/01/2007  (Read 32639 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/01/2007
« on: June 01, 2007, 03:09:31 PM »

Production #4015K - Taped May 23, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Gabrielle

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Carabella

1   Julianna Greenhouse (P)

ROSEANNE 1800
JENNIFER *1275
ERIC 1600
NICOLE 1
($1557)

Jennifer from Detroit, MI plays FLIP FLOP for a trip to Dublin, IRE (6n @ Fitzpatrick's Castle)(B)

Setup:85 41
Pick:58 41(She "Flips")
Price:$5814LOSS

...and we almost had another button incident. Fortunately, Barker was on the ball and stopped her before the damage could be done. Unfortunately, "they" talked her out of a win.

2   Oneida Act 1 Flatware (B&P)

+Roseanne 1
SAMANTHA 1200
+Eric 725
+Nicole *750
($900)

Nicole plays POCKET ¢HANGE for a Ford Fusion S (Std., ALB, BlkHtr, Prot)(G)

1st.251
2nd234899*( 7 ).05.30
3rd23484X
.503*(20).10.40
4th2  488X
.752*( 6 ).751.15WIN!
5th2  44*(16)

3   Baseball Express Baseball Equipment/Gold Bond Body Powder (G)

+Roseanne 585
Samantha *751
+Eric 625
JOSEPH 750
($1020)

Samanatha plays SHELL GAME for a Robinson & Robinson Sofatrend Living Room Group and a Polkaudio iSonic Home Theater System (B)($4576)

Carmel Apple Bowl"4">$40LOWER"4">$30*(3) NO
Auto Tool Kit60LOWER50*(2) NO
Toy ATM Bank20HIGHER30*(4)NO
Batter Dispenser25LOWER36BALLLOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,170Samantha85 stay.85
1,557Jennifer40 + 75OV
20,224Nicole30 + 65.95Through to Showcase Round

4   SportsStuff Inflatables (G)

+Roseanne *501
GINA 450
+Eric 500
Joseph 451
($990)

Roseanne from Pennsylvania plays SWITCH?

Pulaski Edwardian Bar Set (B)$4999$3690
John Deere Gator CX Utility Vehicle (P)$3690SWITCH!$4999WIN!

5   Delsey Fusion 4 pc Luggage Set/Capzasin HP (B&P)

SHANNA 425
Gina *650
+Eric 900
Joseph 750
($680)

Gina plays GROCERY GAME for a Almost Heaven Silo Personal Sauna (G)($5245)

(2) Glad Press & Seal Wrap8 x 2.99   $23.92   LOSS

(1) Cortaid Advanced (1.5 oz)
(3) SenokotXtra (12)
(4) Purina Cat Chow (box)
(5) Refresh Tears

Eric's in a tough spot now. He's a leftover, and his chances of meeting Barker halfway are almost gone. Banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club is looming. Can he surprise us all and find the way out?

6   Delta Luv Jasmine Baby Furniture/Kaboom Cleaner (P)
Shanna 1501
GERALD *1250
+Eric 1500
Joseph 1000  
($1400)

Eric heads off to the clubhouse while Gerald, a radio guy from Washington, DC, plays MONEY GAME for a Chrysler PT Cruiser (Std., AC, Prot)(B)

1818-135-490-5
8544-bk1985-3
357017-266
$228 $17 6 —   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$720Gina  5 + 70.75
1,668Gerald30 + 40.70
9,679Roseanne20 + 20.40Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND

Nicole has the honor.

SC1-Gina

Royal Prestige Cookware (P)
Magnussen Biltmore Dining Room Group
Fiesta Dinnerware (G)
Yamaha Upright Piano (P)
BID$12,000
PRICE16,861
DIFF–4,861
TOTAL$17,581

SC1-Nicole

BRANDI'S FEAR OF HEIGHTS (B)
Bodyguard Quantum Stepper
Trip to Paris (6n)
Ford Escape XLT (Std., AT, Bars)
BID$25,500
PRICE32,865
DIFF–7,365

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6

Total Winnings: $51,879

...and then, there were nine shows until Barker's Final Bow.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/01/2007
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 03:13:56 PM »
HOTTIES: #???*, Nicole; #???*, Gina :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Tough call... it goes to Frank today
SHOW GRADE: 2

*I'll number these once I've seen Wednesday and Thursday's shows

Offline baymonster

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 03:17:41 PM »
Flip-Flop: I thought that might happen again, HARD noneoftheless.

Pocket Change: That was a pretty good playing!

Shell Game!: Uuugh!  That should not have been lost!

Switch: I would've switched.

Grocery Game!: Wait, I thought people didn't try to one-shot this game anymore...I guess some lessons are hard to learn.

Money Game: Another forced loss, I was thinking 66 were the last two!

SC's: no comment.

Happy weekend everyone, and hopefully I will get to catch the finale when it comes, hehe.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 03:59:20 PM »
Good show today, of course Heels enjoyed it! :-D

Flip-Flop: Many of us in chat were saying Flip and Flop

Pocket Change: Well-played!

Shell Game: OUCH, that was an extremely painful loss

Switch: Easy win, 'nuff said

Grocery Game: WIPEOUT!

Money Game: Should have taken my bus route to school for the win (44)

The heelsrule1988 Semi-Memorial All-Hottie SC: Good bids from both, never thought I'd see an '08 model of a car!

PS: If two Canadians ever make it to the SCs one day, I would like to call it the FieldsFan336 Semi-Memorial All-Canadian Showcase Round ;-)
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 04:04:14 PM »
I wonder why there was no sign on Grocery Game today? It seemed a little odd without it. However, it did remind me of the very beginning where no pricing games had their names on them yet. Maybe Roger is back in the 70's! :lol:

Why is it that contestants are always trying to win Grocery Game by only picking one product? Also, Roger clearly wanted this game lost today. 3 out of the 5 products would have been suicide choices, unless she bought only 1 of them.

I was surprised to see Shell Game so close to the end. I figured we would never see Bob play it again. Hey, who knows, we may even see Joker pop up in the next 2 weeks!;-)

Bob seemed a little irritated that Samantha was looking at the audience for help on where to place the chips. I don't really blame him either. This is one game where the audience cannot really help a contestant to win, except for getting the chips.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 04:09:34 PM »
Flip Flop: I wanted to Flop; Jennifer wanted to Flip because of "Them"; we were both wrong. We all flopped.

Pocket ¢hange: Nicole played the game so much better than I could have today.

shell game: the same result happened to my playing on the DVD version.

Switch?: ...And I thought for sure the prices should stay...

(the grocery game): I blow into my closed fist after Gina said eight Glad Bags.

Plus, since Shell Game and Grocery Game were played and look kinda similar, it still took me back to the two-game mixup.

Money Game: I was so into 66 that I forgot about how unlikely it was for a car to have three of the same number in a row. I have to say to myself that it's not always going to be front-and-back.

Showcases: Even though some of us said this already, and it's a given: Why is Brandi so hot?  8-)
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 04:20:27 PM »
Unfortunately due to breaking news on the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis/St.Paul I didn't had the chance of seeing the rest of the show. I'm only going to comment on the ones I did see.

Thanks a lot guys for costing Jennifer a trip to Ireland. At least Bob stopped her from pressing that button before everything got ruined...... again.

Very nicely played there by Nicole on Pocket Change.

Getting that last SP wrong definitely cost Samantha the game. And the technique she used showed on how not to play the Shell Game!   :roll:

I said switch as well on those prices.

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 04:48:13 PM »
I noticed that in the very first bid (the $1800 one) Bob didn't get it right and the display operator flashed the digits for him to notice!  That's teamwork :D

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »
Opening:  Hello, Voltron!  :-D

One-Bid #2:  Fireball Hottie #41--Samantha!  :-P

PG #3:  Yay!  Shell Game!  :-P  Samantha did WHAT?!  Oh wait... she didn't sleep with them, she just slept outside waiting just like half the audience did.  Whoops!  :-P  That was a bad turn of luck to own three shells and still lose.  :-(

One-Bid #4:  I'm not sure if I'd want to play with pool toys that have a "nuclear glow"... :-?

PG #4:  I recalled that lawn vehicle being $4,999 from previous shows.  Much to the dismay of the audience, Roseann switched and won.

PG #5:  What the... where's the Grocery Game sign?!  Man, this feels like freakin' 1975!  8 Glad Wraps = THAT'S TOO MUCH!

PG #6:  Roger really is evil.  I know I wasn't the only one here who noticed the possibilty of this car's price ending in 666.  

Showcase #2:  Whoa... a 2008 car?!  

My showcase bids:
Random room/piano--$16,596
Car--$30,603
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 05:44:35 PM »
This was the third taping I attended - I was in the front row next to Colleen's group, and ironman00710 was in the 2nd row behind the red podium.

Flip Flop: I'd have lost this game - The 14/41 combination made it a crapshoot IMO. We nearly had another "cheaters" moment on Flip Flop.

Pocket Change: I met Nicole out in line, and I told her to look for me in the front row if she got picked.  I told her 4 for the second number, but I was right about 3 when the audience was screaming 8.  For the 4th number, I signaled 2, bu she went with her group and said 8 first.  Luckily she won the car with the .75.  She told me after the show that she saw  the amounts written in small print on the top right corner of the back of the envelopes.

Shell Game: I got to see Shell Game coming around the turntable (Take that, Gavazzi!)! I could tell the ball was behind #1 based on how quickly Bob moved the shells on the table. And no, she did not sleep with half of the line - she only slept on the sidewalks with us crazy TPIR fanatics.

Switch?: I thought this was an easy setup.

Grocery Game: Saw this come around the turntable, and it looked weird without the sign. I don't think I would have won this one.  I was signaling for 6 Bags in the audience, so I would have lost too.

Money Game: I talked to Gerald in line when I noticed he was wearing a Hot 99.5 jacket - he said he had a friend who had tickets to the taping but couldn't go, and took a flier on going out to LA to see Bob.  He thought he wouldn't see anyone from the DC/Baltimore area but it turns out Chuck mentioned Baltimore and Texas were the two most represented regions in the audience that day.

I don't think the Dob is evil enough to include a car price ending in 666... or is he?

Showcases: I signaled Nicole to bid $25,000 because after two days of overbidding on car showcases, I thought this one would be a cheapo too - the Paris trip didn't have much of a description and the stepper looked cheap, and also knowing that Gina underbid by at least $5000.  I wasn't able to hear  in studio but I do believe this is the first 2008 model car they've offered on the show. I felt bad because she wanted that trip to Paris!

My bids in studio: 17500/25000

Showcases: Even though some of us said this already, and it's a given: Why is Brandi so hot?

I'll second that - and I didn't realize Brandi's voice was so squeaky too when she announced the winner of the door prize.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 07:01:09 PM »
I thought we were going to have another "Brenton" moment in Flip Flop today, it's a good thing that Bob stopped Jennifer before she hit the button.  It was a shame that Jennifer lost, she was fun to watch.

Nicole played Pocket ¢hange pretty well.  She was pretty lucky with her envelope choices, also.  She got what she originally needed-75¢ in one envelope.

That was a painful loss in Shell Game today,  I thought it was hilarious to see Samantha "wind-up" when she put her chips down. 

"I slept with half of them last night!" Bob: "Of all the things I have heard up here, that is the most illogical!"  :lol:

Wow, Grocery Game with no sign!  This is just like the 70s, that has not happened since Season 32!  It stinks that there was a wipeout there with 8 plastic wraps.

I recognized Gerald's last name-Huster.  I think he's the same person who runs a fan site on the hit Nickelodeon game show Double Dare. Here's the link:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/doubledare/ddhome.htm

It was a shame he only won $228.  I actually thought Roger would be really evil by having "666" in the price.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 10:47:43 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »
Whoa!  Shell Game!  I sure as heck didn't see that coming!

(And on a related note...NO PLINKO! :) )

While Gina's purchase in Grocery Game wasn't as bad as I'd thought it was (I figured her bill was going to be in the neighborhood of $40), it still wasn't all that great an idea.

Speaking of Grocery Game, I wonder what happened to its sign today.

I really got the impression that Gerald was being sincere...and as such, it was painful to watch him play Money Game pretty much knowing before they were revealed that his picks were wrong.

Wow...we're two weeks from the end of an era.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:

Wow...we're two weeks from the end of an era.

:cry:

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 10:46:47 PM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
(And on a related note...NO PLINKO! :) )

And on another related note... no Double Prices! :?

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 10:57:25 PM »
Quote:    
SteveGavazzi wrote:
    (And on a related note...NO PLINKO! )

And on another related note... no Double Prices!

Double hasn't always been a lock for each week like it was earlier in the season.

I told the Dob that I would've been crushed had I been playing FPG with the picks I made the day before in studio.  He replied that he doesn't want to be too predictable.  
My score would've been 2 MG/9 CP.  Everyone who I told the lineup to was disappointed that Plinko wasn't gonna show, even though it hadn't shown up all week.