Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/01/2007  (Read 32549 times)

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/01/2007
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 10:57:33 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6721

Showcase #1
Royal Prestige Cookware - $2,995
Magnussen Biltmore Dining Room Group and Fiesta Dinnerware - $5,871
Yamaha Upright Piano - $7,995

Showcase #2: Dean Cochran's Fear of Heights
Bodyguard Quantum Stepper - $2,699
Trip to Paris - $8,276
Ford Escape '08 - $21,890 (the 2007 model is $23,295)

Modeling Report Card for June 1, 2007
Score to beat:  $59,442

At the end of the 401K
Highest score - $66,209 (Brandi Sherwood, Friday)
Lowest score - $20,712 (Phire Dawson, Friday)
Ashleys - 3
Broyhills - 4

Brandi Sherwood - $198,002 (39 prizes)
Phire Dawson - $122,324 (30 prizes)
Rachel Reynolds - $121,401 (29 prizes)
Gabrielle Tuite - see above

Yeah, we started June with 24 prizes and three GPs worth $117,831.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 11:56:48 PM »
Samantha was awesome!  Completely on the ball!  Literally!  To think someone could actually come up with an answer to Bob's eternal question of why someone looks into the audience for something completely luck-reliant, like placing chips!  Sleeping with everyone on the sidewalk!  Hilarious!  And her "peeking" under the shells, and stealing the ball when it was revealed to be under the one bad shell... all great!  I mean, guess it's too bad she lost, but aside from that, with Bob on the ball, and Samantha right on that ball with him... all made for an exceptionally fun playing of Shell Game!

Gerald was also great!  Excited, seemed to be a real fan... even if he wound up falling for Roger's old tricks in Money Game.  My first guess was 66 for the back, myself.  $17,666--just looks like something Roger would do
You know, it's too bad neither he nor Samantha got into the showcase.  Neither one really won much, did they?*  Guess with Gina's bad luck in getting a ridiculously hard game, guess she deserved getting in, anyway.

I kinda' want to say that Gina played Grocery Game badly, but I really can't.  She got stuck with a nearly impossible playing, and her best shot of winning was to shoot the moon with the plastic wrap.  If only she'd bought 7 instead 8.  Guess she won a showcase to make up for it.  She seemed particularly excited about the piano, running right up to it after winning.

Speaking of Grocery Game, I really wonder why they didn't use the sign today.  Of all days they didn't use it, it had to be a show with Shell Game.  Those two games feel really conflicty, even if they're not, since they've got identically-shaped sets.  No sign today just made the similarity jump out extra.

Something was really bugging me about Flip Flop today.  Nothing to do with Bob this time, so yay for that!  It was the audience, really.  When Bob was demonstrating Jennifer's options, the audience cheered loudly for flopping.  The audience also cheered loudly for flip-flopping.  But flipping was met with dead silence.  Problem is, when Jennifer went to actually play, the audience was cheeringly loudly for flipping--previously met with silence--and booing for flip-flopping--which they were previously cheering for!  So what the heck was that?!  Why did the whole audience seem to change their minds so suddenly?!  Sigh....

*Yes, it's bad grammar.  I don't care.

heelsrule1988 wrote:  BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Tough call... it goes to Frank today

Easy call:  Samantha.  Gerald gets an honorable mention, though!

heelsrule1988 wrote:  #???*, Nicole; #???*, Gina
But BRB_TheFireball wrote:  Samantha!

Sorry heely.  Gotta' go with Fiery today.

baymonster wrote:  Shell Game!: Uuugh! That should not have been lost!

Um... it was just bad luck.  How was Samantha supposed to know where the ball was, exactly?

baymonster wrote:  Money Game: Another forced loss

No.  Roger may not have necessarily been trying for a win, but it wasn't a forced loss by any stretch.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 12:06:34 AM »
Flip-Flop: Uh-oh...I thought we were gonna have another "Breton Flip-Flop Flop" moment on our hands here.  :-D

Pocket Change: Nicely done, but that car's price was rather tricky.  

Shell Game: Awwww...getting one SP wrong was costly for Samantha.  :-(

Switch: Easy pickin's...

Grocery Game: Any veteran of the G-R.net forums should know that this setup had E-V-I-L written all over it in black ink; thus, it's worthy enough for a GoldenBulldog Special.

Money Game: Looks like Roger's up to his old tricks again.

Showcases:  Looks like I'll have to start payin' attention to the ARP's of 2008 vehicles.  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 05:49:09 PM »
Jennifer was quite funny, saying she didn't know whether she was going to flip or flop. I knew she had to flip-flop. $5814 looked so much more right than $5841. Must be the even number. Frank, what you said was totally right, and totally ironic.

Nicole was good too, and she played Pocket Change pretty well. I said 8 for the fourth number as well. $19,384 was my guess in all. Her mentioning of the Bob look-a-like on the coin was cute and funny.

Samantha was easily the best contestant of the day, probably of this week. She was extremely funny saying why she believed they knew where the ball was. Sleeping with everyone on the sidewalk, lol. She was also funny with her dancing down the row, then walking so cool and suave for the last few seconds to her podium, then started bouncing again. And finally, her snatching of the ball at the last second, and peeking eye-level to the shell was funny too. A really great Shell Game playing. Really, truly bad she lost though.

I have no idea HOW Switch? was won today! I never would have said that vehicle was $4999. A great and shocking playing. Good for her for going against the audience.

Gina didn't play Grocery Game that great, but it definitely looked like a tricky playing. If she had picked one less press n' seal wrap, she would have won. Funny how the sign was missing on the turntable.

Gerald was another great contestant! This loyal friend and true also deserved to win. I never would have guessed 66 for the back. 35, 90, and 85 were my guesses. I was also surprised to see 18 wasn't the front of the car.

Gerald and Samantha deserved to go to the showcases by far. Too bad neither of them got in.

This was a close call for me. I thought Nicole had won her showcase. I knew either that trip to Paris or the new Ford Escape was overly expensive.

Best Contestant- Samantha

Showcase #1- $15,000
Difference- $1861

Showcase #2- $27,000
Difference- $5865

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
Grocery Game was missing its sign simply because they forgot to put it up.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Jason Batt

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 05:52:57 PM »
Flip Flop - Well, she was half right.  Too bad they can't give her half the trip!
Pocket Change - Well played!:-)
Shell Game - Ouch!:-( Wouldn't you know the darn ball would be under the shell without a friggin chip!
Switch? - Good job!:-)
Grocery Game - DOH!!:-(  She bought one too many plastic wraps.  If she would've bought only 7, she would've won ($2.99 * 7 = $20.93).:headbang:
Money Game - Too Bad!:-(
Showcases - Ehhhh.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 10:34:42 PM »
FlipFlop: Once again, Instincts were waylayed thanks to that audience.

Pocket: Very nicely played.

Shell: Samantha was a very enjoyable player and deserved to win. But luck didn't stick with her. :cry:

Switch?: So obvious.

Grocery: Another EVIL setup. :oldevil:

Money: Too bad.

Showcases: Showcases were good. I had a hunch about that Ford Escape showcase and Brandi is HOT!!! 8-)

A 2.50-star show.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 12:19:55 PM »
Flip Flop-Tough.  I would've said flip flop.

Pocket Change-Great playing, and good thing she picked the 75 cent envelope.

Shell Game-Whoa, always nice to see this game!  I guess this is the last time we'll see this with Barker as well.  OUCH, a painful way to end it with; getting all except 1 chip and the shell with no chip has the ball!  That was funny when she tried to take the ball.

Switch?-A nice way to start the 2nd half.

PG #5-Alright, we're playing...wait a minute, what are we playing?  Where's the Grocery Game sign??  OUCH, a wipeout!

Money Game-Good thing Roger didn't put 66 as the last 2 numbers, or else this game would definitely be EVIL.  :-P

Showcases-Well, you can tell Bob's retirement is drawing all too soon: the first 2008 model car of the season.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline radioboy

• 6/1/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 01:38:56 AM »
OK...sorry to post sooooo late on this show recap, but I had to say hi because I'm Gerald who played Money Game in this episode.   So HI everyone!