Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/18/2022  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 10/18/2022
« on: October 18, 2022, 01:00:03 PM »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/18/2022
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 01:05:41 PM »
Good start turned not so good before a nice win to wrap up Pricing Games.  Kylee went from hero to zero in Line Em Up!  Techincally a 1 in 4 shot but for me it was a coin flip.

Loved the confidence from Eric in Do The Math.  No hesitation and a nice win.  There was no hesitation from Scott either in Bonkers despite losing.  I totally hate it when people blow a ton of time in games like Bonkers & Race Game due to trying to receive audience aid.

Not a great To The Penny performance, but that'll happen when you miss the first product.  Upon missing the second one, I would've used a 5th penny to guarantee $3,000 before bolting.  Success just wasn't happening today.

"Success" was present in Card Game, in terms of winning or losing.  $2985 difference there but I think showcase winner Marissa could've drawn once or twice more.  It was very close.

While not ever something to lose sleep over, I wonder why Drew started with Kylee in the showcase reveal.  I guess it was really obvious that she went over to some.  I don't know, it wasn't by much.  Meanwhile, I figured Marissa's bid was safe enough to survive AND still have a chance.  Easy to say after the fact; Kylee was closer, just on the wrong side of the ARP
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 02:30:11 PM »
Kylee went from hero to zero in Line Em Up!
I think You mean zero to hero.  That was a win.  Good show with 2 car winners both reaching the showcase.
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 02:44:36 PM »
I think You mean zero to hero.  That was a win.  Good show with 2 car winners both reaching the showcase.

I did!  Thank you!

I can't edit/correct my post anymore; I've often said/quoted "Hero to zero" a lot more than the opposite, so that explained how I mistyped there!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 03:28:47 PM »
What are the odds of any particular episode turning up during reruns? I'm going to miss this one due to DVR issues.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 04:18:32 PM »
What are the odds of any particular episode turning up during reruns? I'm going to miss this one due to DVR issues.

Depends on if the episode is “memorable” or not. I’m not sure how likely a random Tuesday in October is to be rerun.

Offline jimmyuTPIR

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 04:53:02 PM »
You can watch it on CBS.com or the CBS app tomorrow.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 07:55:22 PM »
Moderators note....I am not getting this recap done tonight. If I do at all. I am in a parking lot as I write this having a mental breakdown.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2022, 08:17:44 PM »
Moderators note....I am not getting this recap done tonight. If I do at all. I am in a parking lot as I write this having a mental breakdown.

So sorry to hear.  I hope you'll be alright soon Adam.  Having endured many anxiety attacks in the past I feel for you.

Inhale, exhale, repeat...

Offline billiamk

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 10:10:58 PM »
Take care of yourself. That is what is most important.

We appreciate the recaps but the world will go on spinning if they aren't here. There are so many things more important than a game show in the big picture, and your health and wellness is one of them.

Thanks for all you do and hope to have you back soon!
Insert witty and/or creative signature here