Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2006  (Read 29608 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2006
« on: June 08, 2006, 01:59:59 PM »
Production #3644K - Taped June 5, 2006 (Early)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Shane Stirling and Brandi Sherwood
Wearing: Basix II

1  Pawley's Island Canopied Hammock (P)
JACOB 1150   SANDRA 899   SAMUEL 450   MIA *451   ($839)

Mia goes on a SHOPPING SPREE
                                                     $5300
(2) Rowe Broadway Sofa                        $ 799   4501
(3) (Frigidaire) Side-by-side Fridge/Freezer   1349   3152
(4) Bowflex TCE5300 Treadclimber               2999    153   LOSS

(1) Berlitz Self-Study Language Courses        1121

2  Magnussen Mobile Circular Bar/Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce (B&S)
+Jacob 1100   +Sandra 1300   +Samuel *1   DONNA 825   ($550)

Samuel, a Beach Bum, plays 1/2 OFF

(Remington SuperSonic) Ionic Hair Dryer   $26              BOXES IN PLAY
Disney's "Dumbo" DVD                       15  $30  *   1 4 6 7 9 12 14 15

Bamboo Handle Teapot                       49
(KitchenAid) Food Chopper                   9   18  *   4 6 9 15

(Sharper Image) Percussion Massager        50   50  X
Pitcher                                    11

Pick:   ( 9)   EMPTY
Stash:  ( 4)   LOSS

3  JBL Home Theater Speakers/Midnite Sleep Aid (S)
+Jacob 1099   +Sandra 1100   CHRISTY 850   Donna *999   ($1030)

Donna plays THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Chevy Malibu Max LT (Std.)(P)($20,790)
$12,610$13,112$15,620$16,490$18,331$19,980$21,590
LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$  713   Samuel   50 + 75    OV
   839   Mia      25 + 50   .75
 1,070   Donna    50 + 30   .80   (Puny 1st Spin; Bob-aided thereafter)  Through to SC Round

4  His+Hers Golf Equipment/Commit Lozenges (P)
+Jacob 1700   +Sandra 900   Christy *901   LAUREN 1500   ($1440)

Christy plays MAGIC #

Oneida Juliard Flatware (B)   $1005
                         MAGIC #   1353   WIN!
Aqua Finn Tropica Day Sailer (S)   $2895

5  2 Blackberry PDAs (P&S-in the Row)
+Jacob 950   +Sandra 951   VICKI 598   Lauren *440   ($500)

Lauren, a U.S. Marine, plays LET EM ROLL for a Chevy Cobalt LS (Std., BlkHtr, ALB,
Sealer)(B)($14,034)

Azo Cranberry Supplement (50)           $6.99
Tidy Cats Scoop Cat Litter      LOWER    5.88  *
Gold Bond Powder                HIGHER   8.99  *

THE ROLLS...
1.  2 Cars & $2500   Banks 2
2.  3 CARS           WIN!

However, there appeared to be one cocked die on that first roll, but it was hard
to tell. What was seen was Shane turning that die over to the $500 side. A reroll
might have been in order, but it mattered not anyway so let's just get on with
things...

...and was we look down at the Row, we find togetherness on the left side. Jacob
and Sandra remain behind. Papers of banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club
are being drawn as we speak - in duplicate, yet. Which of these two will take the
walk of futility?

6  Chromcraft Retro Dining Group/Tums Smoothies (S)
+Jacob 1350   +Sandra 1500   Vicki *1   JONATHAN 1200   ($814)

Jacob and Sandra head off to the clubhouse together while Vicki plays DOUBLE PRICES
for a Samick Petite Grand Piano (B)

>$12,000<   PICK
($10,000)   LOSS
 $10,000

SHOWDOWN #2
$   854   Vicki       15 + 20   .35
  5,340   Christy     70 stay   .70   Through to Showcase Round
 14,534   Lauren      60 + 85    OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Christy has the honor.

SC1-Christy   THE LIFE OF A CRASH TEST DUMMY (P)
BID   $35,000   Interactive Health HTT10 Massage Chair
PRICE    36,471   Brass Beds of Virginia Brass Bed/Bemco Posture Fairfax
DIFF    -1,471   Ford Explorer XLT (Std., Wheels, Crossbar, Seat, AC)

SC2-Donna      EVERY TRIP IN THE HOUSE
BID   $28,500   Trips to New York (4n @ Westin),
PRICE    28,568   Dublin, IRE (AerLingus; Dooleyvacations.com)(S),
DIFF       -68   Rio de Janiero (6n),
TOTAL   $66,109   and Fiji (6n @ Naviti)(B)
      *** YET ANOTHER DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER *** (8th this season)

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6
Total Winnings: $88,429

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2006
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 02:07:19 PM »
Spree:  Once I saw the cheap price on the sofa, it became obvious what the outcome would be.

Geezmo Game (Magic # to those who don't understand the reference):  Easy playing today.  Glad to see it won.  :-)

Let 'Em Roll:  When she rolled those 2 cars and a lowball amount of cash....I had an inkling she wasn't gonna fare well unless she got lucky.  What do ya know?  Glad to see her win the car.

Double Prices:  What a hard decision this was.  I too was thinking $12K (it looked more expensive than that, but what do I know about pianos).

Showcases:  WHOO Glad to see another DSW.

Overall:  Good show today.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 02:13:39 PM »
Thursday, June 8, 2006

Bidding Round #4- #231, Lauren! :-D

Magic Number- Wow... how much easier could that get?

Showcase- BIDS OF THE CENTURY!!! That DSW was nothing short of incredible. Nailing a tough trips showcase such as that one is one heck of an accomplishment.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Samuel.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- That DSW saved this show from being totally quiet... Grade: 2

Offline KENYATTA

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 02:23:35 PM »
Wow a great ending but I thought that both women in the showcases were over!! But that's a great bid just being nearly $70 away!!

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 02:29:44 PM »
Shopping Spree: Verwy, verwy twicky. That sofa was just killer. I guess those language courses must really work to be that much.

½ Off: I know a store that sold food choppers like that for $1. I don't know if I would pay $22 for a pitcher (or cup because it looks like one) like that. I say 6; Samuel says 9; we were both wrong.

That's Too Much!: That's Just Not Enough!
"A Malibu? I should stop as I see a price over $20K." I would've won this one.

magic #: the play was okay, but I weep because I didn't hear that stop chord.

Let 'em Roll: The products weren't that simple to me this time, but I did manage to get them right. I did not concentrate on the tops of the cubes on the second roll until they stopped. In my head, I was glued on the numbers. I had to avert my eyes to notice Lauren's winning cars in the end.

One Bid 6: Bob did make a good point about Jacob and Sandra's bidding ways. They were a little prompt and then the bids were taking too long and going nowhere. I didn't pay too much attention to this one because I had this very strong hunch that both of them were going to the House together.

Double Prices: I'm getting this strange vibe that the prices in this game are increasing. "There's no way a piana like that can be more than $12,000! It's gotta be $10,000."

I really thought Christy's bid was a great one. That was totally dashed when Donna made a more excellent bid than hers. I wanted her to bid around 20K (There I go with the 20K again like on That's Too Much!) Even though I couldn't see her, I had this feeling Christy wasn't too pleased about Donna's big win.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 02:32:28 PM »
OKAY.  It's time to revisit the Double Showcase range argument.  You know - should the range for a DSW be increased to $500??  

Hmmm...Maybe we should be talking about LOWERING it back to $100!!  

Just Kidding!  :-D
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 02:39:49 PM »
Talk about a hard-luck loss.  Christy was dead-on, but Donna was just deader....on....

Shopping Spree and LER were fairly difficult for once.  You could've easily gone either way on the GP's, and Spree was a toss-up between the CD's and sofa.

Magic # was easy, but I said 3,000 and lost ><

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 02:44:56 PM »
Shopping Spree: Tough break. I was shocked the books were so expensive, and the sofa was so cheap.

Half-Off: Samuel should be praised for doing as well as he did, because the first and third pairs of items were hard. I thought the money was in Box #15, because it was green.

That's Too Much: No luck in giving away a very nice car in this game this time.

Magic Number: Pretty easy, but when Christy increased her bid a little bid, I knew she had won. Way to go!

Let Em' Roll: I can't believe the grocery section was so hard today, given that it was only played for a $14,000 car today. I'm glad Lauren won, because she would have been the victim of a screwjob had she not (that unseen die on the first roll was clearly a car).

Double Prices: Fairly easy. $10,000 looked just about right for the piano.

Showcases: I can't believe both were so nice today, given the way things were going. The second one surprised me. I would have bid the same as Christy did on the first one, and $21,000 on the second one. I was shocked a DSW happened on not the first one, but the second one! Unbelieveable!!! What a happy birthday it was for Donna's friend! Too bad somebody had to lose.

Overall: To me, the Showcase was pretty much the entire show today! The rest of it was boring, thanks to a very cheap budget, and a very boring Pricing Game lineup. The first half of the show would have been a good time to interrupt the show today, because a major Iraq villain got captured, for those of you who aren't aware by now.

Offline GedAlexNeil30

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 02:45:35 PM »
Sheesh, had Donna gone one more time on TTM, she could've been, like, the fifth highest winner, I think.

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 02:55:18 PM »
KENYATTA wrote:
Wow a great ending but I thought that both women in the showcases were over!! But that's a great bid just being nearly $70 away!!

That's what I thought, too, when I first saw those bids. I thought there was going to be a double overbid, but, as it turns out, I was wrong! DEAD wrong!

EDIT: So, this version submitted successfully. I think there's a glitch with the <quote> HTML tag!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
I wonder why Roger made Let 'em Roll's grocery pricing so difficult today, anyway.  That's just unlike him for this particular game.  I'm impressed that Lauren got both products right; I really wouldn't have been surprised if a contestant even missed both today.  Good to see her win for it!

Shopping Spree was the same.  It seems like Shopping Spree is usually set up to be mindlessly simple, and it looked that way today too.  Except that the "obvious" prize to avoid--the books--was wrong.  That's possibly the most difficult that game's ever been set up.

That's Too Much got me, too.  I thought Malibus were under $20,000 nowadays, and today's Malibu had few options.  Did they get more expensive again?  I thought Donna had it.

Has the show ever offered a prize worth exactly $10,000?  I think I would've lost no matter what the other price was.

Christy played Magic Number as well as most contestats from previous seasons, which is an improvement.  I wonder why, for this season in particular, some contestants started going under $1000?  Low a guess Christy gave, I can't complain much when a contestant can at least get into four digits.

BobboChung wrote:  that unseen die on the first roll was clearly a car

No it wasn't.  You can argue that Lauren should have got a re-roll, but saying it was "clearly" a car?  Nuh-uh.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 03:33:42 PM »
Shopping Spree: I was thinking "everything but the language books."  I was dead wrong.

Half Off: The 3rd SP set-up was tough.  I never would have gussed that the 10K was behind #4.

TTM: I thought Donna had it all, thinking that $19K was the place to stop.

Magic #:  Wow, how easy can you get? :-?

Let Em Roll: Wow, that was a tough set-up, yet I was amazed Lauren nailed 2 more rolls.

Double Prices: I was thinking the piano was worth $10K all along.

Showcase: AMZING! :-o   I was thinking the dreaded double overbid would hit. I was thinking the SUV showcase was $26,000.  I was more amazed when Donna DSW the FRATS.  I would have said $20,000.

Overall: It was a fun show today.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 03:41:02 PM »
Wow, I would have lost Shopping Spree today.  There's no way I would have suspected the language tapes to be less expensive than the sofa.

Speaking of Shopping Spree, I wonder why they only shot the orange card alone instead of with the Shopping Spree sign included like they normally do.

Donna was a pretty enjoyable contestant.  Still, I don't know why Bob didn't ask for more enthusiasm out of her for her "that's too much!" call.  She certanily seemed like she could have been louder.

I know the Dob set Double Prices up a while back with a $6,000 versus $8,000 choice, but today's setup makes  pretty much the most difficult playing of Double Prices I've ever seen, because neither of those prices looked very right.

Screw it if they didn't dim the lights, seeing Every Trip in the House was awesome!  But somebody do remind me to ask Roger next Q&A why the lights aren't dimmed anymore for the Everyroom/Every Trip Showcase.

And speaking of the Showcases, yay for the double Showcase win!
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 03:43:53 PM »
I'm not sure how anybody could claim with a straight face that today's show had a cheap budget.  You had to spend $5300 to win Shopping Spree, a cash game was played, That's Too Much was for a $20,000 Malibu Maxx, the Magic # prizes were worth more than four grand, and Double Prices (!) was played for a $10,000 piano.  Maybe the Cobalt for Let 'em Roll was cheap, but that's it.  Top it off with a Explorer showcase worth $36,000 and a four-trip showcase worth over $28,500, and this was the furthest thing from budget.  There were shows during the show's true budget mode this winter that had both showcases together worth less than the Explorer one today.

That said, it was nice to see Shopping Spree (never thought I'd write that) after what seemed like a long absence, and especially the day after Danger Price, its reverse twin.  Extremely tough setup today; no way did I think that sofa was less than those language tapes.  Berlitz must have thrown in about 20 languages there.

Let us not forget the last time we saw Magic # before today: April 25th, when it was played last and was lost to prevent a perfect show.  Today's playing was much better; you'd think this game should have a winning percentage near 90%.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 04:11:43 PM »
What I said before about the DSW rule being changed to $500 or less was a totally off suggestion. With 8 DSW this season (4 in one month), the range should stay where it is! BTW, What is the record number of DSW for a season?

GedAlexNeil30 Wrote:

Sheesh, had Donna gone one more time on TTM, she could've been, like, the fifth highest winner, I think.

I'm not sure if Donna would be the 5th biggest winner, but she would have one heck of an ammount totaling $86,899 (If she won the car.)