Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2006  (Read 29609 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 04:27:39 PM »
Donna would probably be the fourth biggest winner, trailing behind Danielle's record of $88,865.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 04:33:04 PM »
Actually, here are the records (From what I've seen)

Amy: $97,130
Bobette: $97,080
Keisha: $90,153 (with a DSW difference of $250)
Danielle: $88,865

Feel free to correct me.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 04:36:30 PM »
All right, the fifth biggest winner then.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 05:01:59 PM »
To Frank- The Malibu didn't go back up in price, they just offered a Malibu Maxx today, which is a more expensive, station-wagon-like Malibu.

What a longshot win in the showcases. I thought they'd both gone over.

I was doing yardwork today and just came in from time to time to check on the show...even from that, it felt like a fun show today.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 05:11:03 PM »
Not only was it a Malibu Maxx, it's trim level had to do with the price. The usual Malibu offered is the Malibu LS for about $17,000+. Chevrolet trim levels go up as LS, LT(used in today's car), LTZ and SS, from least expensive to most.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 05:30:30 PM »
PG #1 - This game was not gonna be won today.  I never would've picked the language books over the sofa.

One-Bid #2 - LOL!  A "Red Hat" is called down and the next prize is a bar!  :-D  :-D  :-D

PG #2 - So much for trying to out-Dob the Dob.  I picked #15, and he went for the uppermost box today.

PG #4 - Magic 4th instead of 6th today!  :-P  With that almost $1,900 spread between the prizes, only the absolute worst garfer would've lost this game today.

PG #5 - WOW!  Roll in the second half!  :-P  $5.88 for the cat litter... that must've been the cat litter that was used in Bully on Tuesday.

PG #6 - Both of those prices looked good.  I would've picked $12K as well.

Showcases - An all-hat showcase today!  What?!  They wasted an every room showcase to do a friggin' random Around the World showcase?!  :-o  :-o  :-o  And Donna got a DSW out of that?!  After Bob said "$28,000", I paused the tape and said "There is no way in Hell that she got a DSW out of that."  But sho 'nuff, she did.  Four DSWs in a month and the second time that somebody DSWd on a friggin' random all-trip showcase.  Absolutely unreal.

My bids - Truck:  $34,000.  FRATWERS:  $29,100.

Overall - Today's PG slotting was interesting to say the least.  Much 3d, Magic 4th, and Roll 5th.  Given how the Dob loves to put the SP and GP games back-to-back lately, wouldn't it have been more logical for him to slot Roll 3d and Much 5th?  And wouldn't it also have been more logical to slot Dubba 4th and Magic 6th?  Maybe that's just me...
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 06:29:15 PM »
Show #6400

Showcase #1
Interactive Health HTT10 Chair, which was last seen in the Pacific and Mountain zones on December 20, 2004, but in the Eastern and Central zones, it was last seen on November 23, 2004, which means I have not seen it in 18½ months. - $1,799
Brass Beds of Virginia Bed and a Bemco Posture Fairfax Sleep Set - $3,957
Ford Explorer XLT 2WD - $30,715

Showcase #2
New York, NY - $3,868
Dublin, Ireland - $5,474
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where it will be winter this month. - $9,970
Nadi, Fiji, where it was already June 9 when this show aired  - $9,256

Modeling Report for June 8, 2006
[color=00CCCC]Shane Stirling[/color]
Total - $16,881
[color=0000FF]Won - $14,961 (88.63%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $1,920 (11.37%)[/color]
Record - 7-2

[color=00CCCC]"Phire Extinguisher" Dawson[/color]
Total - $69,830
[color=0000FF]Won - $39,040 (55.91%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $30,790 (44.09%)[/color]
Record - 6-2

[color=00CCCC]Brandi Sherwood[/color]
Total - $49,203
[color=0000FF]Won - $34,855 (70.84%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $14,348 (29.16%)[/color]
Record - 5-3

All 29 prizes today totaled $135,559!

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 06:53:03 PM »
My thoughts regarding the lack of dimming the lights on the Every trip showcase? Another "genius" decision from Bart.

Wow. For some reason, I was convinced that today we would have had a double overbid. Especially on the trips - it's a miracle she won both showcases.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 07:27:07 PM »

ILoveBonusGame wrote:
My thoughts regarding the lack of dimming the lights on the Every trip showcase? Another "genius" decision from Bart.

Please, Bart can'be be blamed for everything.  My guess, it's something that's not supposed to be happening and won't change until somebody mentions it.

ILoveBonusGame wrote:
Wow. For some reason, I was convinced that today we would have had a double overbid. Especially on the trips - it's a miracle she won both showcases.

Not really, all trip Showcases tend to be more expensive then people think.  Heck, when Christy's Showcase price was revealed first and her difference was as small as it was, I expected that Donna had scored a double Showcase win.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 08:17:55 PM »
Shopping Spree: I didn't think the langauge books were going to be so much, either. Once the sofa was revealed to be $799, I went "uh-oh".

Halfy: For $22 that pitcher had better pour my drink for me. Box #4 immediately got my attention when it came up (as it tends to do, 4 is one of my favorite numbers).

That's Too Much!  Cheap: I didn't notice it was a Malibu Maxx, so I thought Donna was right.

Magic Pound Sign: I was worried that Christy had stopped bit too low. Luckilly she won. It was nice to see a contestant go stop in the 4 digits again, and not get lilly-livered like some recent playings.

Let 'Em Roll: I went and did the Zapruder Film routine for this. I last saw the cube in question with the green $1000 spot facing up, and it still had momentum as it disappeared off camera. It rolled over one more time to the $500 spot then it was stopped by the table's edge. At that point, looking at the shadows, it looks like Shane accidentally knocked the cube over to the car face while trying to gather it with the stick. That's the point in which the camera pulled back, giving the impression that Lauren had rolled 3 cars instead of just 2. So no, there wasn't a second player rolling cubes beind the grassy knoll  giant price tag, heh heh.

An off topic observation: I recently found an old tape that had most of the Christmas Eve 2001 show on it (minus the 1st segment). Since back then I wasn't paying attention to some set changes and stuff, I was suprised when Let 'Em Roll was played and here's this cute little table and ramp with no steps and no plastic guard on the table. :-o  And the game was won, too. :-D

Dubba-Dubba-Double Prices: I know my $3.99 Tums but not my pianoes. I thought $10,000 looked good.

Showcases: I was expecting a double overbid, too. I was shocked plenty when Christy was under by just $1471, then Donna had to go and stop the Dob cold with a $68 difference on hers. And an all-FRT showcase as well. Nice to see a string of DSW's, at this point I'm no longer jumping like nuts, but rather letting my jaw drop to the floor and going "AGAIN? NO WAY!".

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 10:15:21 PM »
Did it look to anyone else like there was a sub at one of the cameras today?  There were a few shots of Contestants' Row that seemed unusually awkward.

I would have to say that today's Shopping Spree was a genuine forced loss.  Who would think language books would be more expensive than a sofa?  I honestly can't see any way anybody was going to win that.

Samuel literally looked like a little kid when he won his IUFB.

Donna was a hoot.  She was just fun to watch the whole time she was on.  I'm so glad she ended up winning both showcases, especially after losing That's Too Much!.

I would say Roger wanted Magic # won today.  Basically, anyone who had the guts to get out of triple digits was probably going to win.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought Let 'em Roll's groceries were unusually hard today.  I mean, they certainly weren't impossible, as evidenced by the fact that Lauren got them both right...but I could certainly understand someone missing one or both of them.

Has the higher price in Double Prices ever been right when the game has had a 5-digit choice on a normal episode?

And with regard to the price reveal in Double Prices...have I ever mentioned that the show needs a new director?

Did anyone find it kind of ironic that the "safe" prize in the first showcase was a Ford Explorer?

Holy...Every Trip in the House!

Speaking of Everytrip...even without the dimmed lights, just having the right music made the showcase feel so much more right than the last couple of Everyrooms.

The Showcase bids today were incredible.  After #1's price was revealed, I was almost expecting a Double Showcase Win.

Alex wrote:

KENYATTA wrote:EDIT: So, this version submitted successfully. I think there's a glitch with the <quote> HTML tag!

No there isn't.  Your problem is that you're writing it with greater/less than symbols; it has to be written with brackets.

BobboChung wrote:

(that unseen die on the first roll was clearly a car)

How could it be clear to you what was on it if you didn't even see it?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 10:49:21 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
And with regard to the price reveal in Double Prices...have I ever mentioned that the show needs a new director?

I was wondering about that. Bart picked the wrong shot to go with there. For a second the only inkling I had that Vicki had lost was hearing the buzzer and losing horns, then a second later the shot comes up.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 10:59:19 PM »
I'll echo my thoughts: I wished we had Paul Alter or Mark Breslow.  They never missed those shots.  I'd even take DiPirro over Bart anyday.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 11:01:02 PM »
To the incident in Dice Game: having taken another look at it and slowing the tape down, it definitely appears Shane inadvertently bumped that one die with her little dice gathering doohickey (I think it's called a "crook"), and therefore she had to replace it. Simple as that. No reroll required.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 12:37:29 AM »
That's what I thought the first time I saw it.

For what this joke is worth, our Crash Test Dummy may have had it bad, but at least she wasn't working for Mythbusters.  :P