Author Topic: Five Fun Facts about pricing games  (Read 670 times)

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In the Audience
Five Fun Facts about pricing games
« on: November 13, 2022, 11:12:21 AM »
On youtube, ScapinoMedia has been doing videos roughly once every 7 to 14 days coming up with 5 fun facts about every pricing game on the show.  He has been doing them in chronological order, and even included 5 fun facts about Showcase Showdown.  I highly recommend checking them out if you have not done so already.

His latest video posted yesterday, he is now starting 1978, and this video is about the short-lived and ill-fated Finish Line.

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Five Fun Facts about pricing games
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 10:39:51 PM »
I just saw it.  I assume he is not a member here because he mentions never having seen the game before until the day he made the video.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 10:53:36 PM »
I know someone in our Discord mentioned this person's videos. I checked his one on Range Game and wasn't impressed. He claimed the #1 fun fact about the game was the multitude of prizes that it offered, which... sure? It was a competent video, but just not one that I personally learned anything from.

I was willing to give him a second chance with this video. He claims that Finish Line is just like Give or Keep... but never actually explains the game. I get this is supposed to be "five fun facts" but given the fact he had to explain every aspect of the presentation besides the gameplay itself, it feels like a missed opportunity. If this is the first video a person watched and they weren't familiar with GOK, they would be confused.

If this was the first time someone's ever heard of the game, it's a fine video. I just wish I had the time and expertise to do better.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 10:57:09 PM by TPIRfan#9821 »
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

HYO total winnings: probably like $500k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 11:53:37 AM »
I actually sent him a message on FB, giving him a  6th fun fact . 

Here it is:

Hello, I just saw your finish line video.  Here is a 6th fun fact:  This pricing game,  along with telephone game and shower game,  have never seen the light of day in reruns since the original airings of episodes featuring those pricing games.