Poll

For the upcoming TPIR at Night prime time specials, if you were the Executive Producer, what color would you change the stage floor to?

Black (like some of the former MDS specials)
31 (63.3%)
White (keep it the same, like daytime!)
11 (22.4%)
Blue (seems to be a favorite theme color of the show lately, no?)
6 (12.2%)
Red
1 (2%)
Grey
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: TPIR at Night: New Stage Floor Color?  (Read 4787 times)

Offline ImLost

• Outside in Line
TPIR at Night: New Stage Floor Color?
« on: November 23, 2022, 01:27:48 PM »
With an upcoming batch of The Price is Right at Night specials, it will be exciting to finally see a re-design to the Big Wheel's carpet after nearly 15 years! If you were the Executive Producer of the show, what color would you change the stage floor to for some prime time specials?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: TPIR at Night: New Stage Floor Color?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 01:34:12 PM »
it will be exciting to finally see a re-design to the Big Wheel's carpet after nearly 15 years!

Huh?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 01:38:59 PM »
I'd love to see the shiny black floor come back. Honestly that was my favorite part of the Drew MDSes, well that and how easy it was to win a million dollars! The white floor looked out of place during the Barker era MDSes, almost like they just changed out some door panels and taped some extra episodes while they were at it, seemed a little lazy. The sleek look of those later MDSes radiated a cool nighttime style that just hasn't been matched yet.

Edited to add: I don't see how a red or blue floor would even look all that good, unless the show leans into the campy 70s gaudy set designs (see Tattletales) or tones down the color until it's hardly noticeable. A gray wouldn't be that noticeable either, no?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 01:45:02 PM by Thatgameshowguy »
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 02:19:43 AM »
Couldn't agree more.  The black floor was brilliant for night time PIR.  Not imperative but nice (as my focus is elsewhere).  I wouldn't even notice with a gray floor unless someone said something, but red, blue, even orange or green would be difficult to impossible to ignore.

IMO, Red & blue would be okay based on the theme of a certain primetime show.  As for the SCSD carpet, I have to wait and see what an update looks like but I don't think there is/was any need to update it.

Maybe that's due to the fact that I hardly pay attention to the floor of the studio during TPIR episodes
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 08:03:11 AM »
I'm less concerned about the floor and more concerned about how sad the studio looks with only a handful of people in the audience going into 2023.  In some recent some episodes they can barely get all of the pods filled or whatever they are called.  I would hope for the TPIR at Night shows they would at least make an effort to get all pods filled - including the extra seating in the back even if that means paid seat fillers.  The showrunners are just being lazy and not paying attention to what an important element this is to the show's success.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 11:13:52 AM »
The showrunners are just being lazy and not paying attention to what an important element this is to the show's success.

Please stop. We all knew when they went back to being in person, Price (and Deal to a lesser extent) would always have the hardest road to go back to normal, because there are so many moving parts and people. The show is doing the best they can and aren't being "lazy", and with the host himself being knocked out with a case of covid, precautions still need to be taken.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2022, 12:18:06 PM »
Please stop. We all knew when they went back to being in person, Price (and Deal to a lesser extent) would always have the hardest road to go back to normal, because there are so many moving parts and people. The show is doing the best they can and aren't being "lazy", and with the host himself being knocked out with a case of covid, precautions still need to be taken.
Didn't mean to come off so snarky and, of course, any change in the audience set up needs to put the safety of the cast, crew and the audience team members first.  Even if the producers can figure out a way to safely get to an audience size of 100 I think it would be great! Happy Thanksgiving. 

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 12:30:15 PM »
I would hope for the TPIR at Night shows they would at least make an effort to get all pods filled - including the extra seating in the back even if that means paid seat fillers.
Each pod is filled with a pre-selected contestant and their guests. When you see a pod with only one person in it, that means they didn't have any guests with them. This is due to no fault of the show. How many times have people on this forum gone to the show by themselves? Some of the pods have 4 or 5 people in them because the contestant is local and could bring friends and family with them. Some of the pods only have one or two people in them because the contestant is from out of town and since the show doesn't pay for a contestants lodging or airfare they couldn't afford to bring a guest with them. Or maybe nobody they knew was interested in going. There's a million reasons as to why those pods aren't packed to capacity and the show is responsible for none of them.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2022, 01:31:09 PM »
Each pod is filled with a pre-selected contestant and their guests. When you see a pod with only one person in it, that means they didn't have any guests with them. This is due to no fault of the show. How many times have people on this forum gone to the show by themselves? Some of the pods have 4 or 5 people in them because the contestant is local and could bring friends and family with them. Some of the pods only have one or two people in them because the contestant is from out of town and since the show doesn't pay for a contestants lodging or airfare they couldn't afford to bring a guest with them. Or maybe nobody they knew was interested in going. There's a million reasons as to why those pods aren't packed to capacity and the show is responsible for none of them.

Though they could simply ask how many people each selected contestant will bring.  If there are a lot of people without guests, or only one guest, select some additional people and make more, but smaller, pods.

That way, you keep a similar total number day to day, but in different quantities of groups and people within them.

Something that the show could do.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2022, 02:03:29 PM »
Didn't mean to come off so snarky and, of course, any change in the audience set up needs to put the safety of the cast, crew and the audience team members first.  Even if the producers can figure out a way to safely get to an audience size of 100 I think it would be great! Happy Thanksgiving.

Thats ok! I do also want to see MORE than what we have in the audiences now, but I would rather have this than season 49 any day! No harm, no foul.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2022, 12:13:44 PM »

While I recognize that COVID-19 is still a "thing," we are back to putting 300+ people on a confined airplane with little-to-no precautions.  Lots of advancements have been made in the past two years in response to the pandemic -- it can be done!
John

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 10:36:50 PM »
While I recognize that COVID-19 is still a "thing," we are back to putting 300+ people on a confined airplane with little-to-no precautions.  Lots of advancements have been made in the past two years in response to the pandemic -- it can be done!
But how many of those 300 people come within six feet of contact with the pilot? Because at least nine come into contact with Drew and Wayne every show. In fact, with Wayne's role, he and Jonathan have to stand in the middle of the sea of contestants they pick from. Unlike Jeopardy and Wheel where the contact with the contestants is both limited or not as varied as the contestants are always preselected, I can understand both Price and LMAD's skittishness to just welcome in 200-300 folks (although LMAD's audience had shrunken considerably even before the pandemic) off the streets or from anywhere even with precautions like vaccinated audience or preshow rapid testing.

That said, I will say that I think they could still do an audience with more people in, just not as many as before, particularly allowing in people who didn't try out for the show to attend without having to be the guest of a selected potential contestant.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 08:32:36 PM »
I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to attend a taping of primetime show a couple of days ago. The floor for these new specials will be a darker shade of blue with gold G-T asterisks in front of contestant's row.

I feel comfortable in confirming this because Alexis posted a quick TikTok/Reel on Instagram that gives a quick glimpse of the floor in the corner between home base and Door 1.

The carpet is indeed new as well for the SCSD. Instead of the square pattern around the border, it will be a door border outline around the border of the carpet. It's a nice subtle update.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Online EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 08:54:33 PM »
I love this show so much I'm hyped for a new floor color for primetime, haha.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2022, 09:16:41 PM »
It’s not a black floor, but blue will certainly do.