Author Topic: It’s Time for Pricing Game Retirements  (Read 8675 times)

Online Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: It’s Time for Pricing Game Retirements
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2023, 07:02:47 AM »
Overall I'd say all things considered, the rotation of games is fine as is.  Best to leave well enough alone :)

My original point was that things aren't "well enough" - the game rotation has appendicitis and something has to be removed. It also frees up space to continue innovation towards some games that might become really memorable and cut the excess.

Appreciate all the good discussion so far and some of the really radical ideas.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline greg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2023, 12:56:41 PM »
I think the biggest problem is that the powers that be really like all the games that suck… the ones they would retire would be the original ones that have been around 30 years.

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2023, 12:28:43 AM »
I agree with what others have said, I don't see the need to retire any games.

We could definitely use some additional games in certain categories (multi-prizer, SP, quickie for more variety) to flesh out the variety a bit more.

I know storage can be an issue, but around 90 games would be perfect. I don't mind if certain games appear less often. It makes them feel more special when they do, in fact, make an appearance.

I do wish they would just reconfigure "Back to 72/73" to be called "Back in Time", making it playable for any year the show has been on the air. Just name the year at the start of the game.