Author Topic: GRECO!5 Week 10: 1/23 to 1/27  (Read 826 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
GRECO!5 Week 10: 1/23 to 1/27
« on: January 20, 2023, 12:36:32 PM »
This playing will presumably cover 0081-85L in production order, but there are no guarantees.

There are six spoiled games that MAY show this week (highlight to see): Plinko, Stack the Deck, Punch-a-Bunch, Card Game, Golden Road, Check-Out

The first five of these games you place must NOT be in the center square AND more than one CAN NOT coexist the same row, column, diagonal, or PATTERN. The last (sixth) of these games you place must be on a non-diagonal, while still avoiding another PATTERN space.

The PATTERN was drawn randomly in Discord with my bot, with the result public to see for everyone. The CHECKMARK will be the PATTERN for this playing. The CHECKMARK corresponds to spaces O3 (15), R4 (17), C4 (19), and E5 (23) (see the week 0 example playing if there is any confusion).

Good luck!

=======================

To give an example on the spoiler placement, this would be a valid configuration for the first five games (marked with x):

Code: [Select]
###x#
x####
#x###
####x
##x##

Then, using GRECO as column labels and labeling each row 1-5 (so E3 is the center), the 6th x must coexist (as defined above) with at least two other x's at this point. However, there are spots that coexist with more than two x's: the diagonals. Avoid that, and also avoid another PATTERN space (here R3 is filled, but E2, E4 and C3 should remain empty!). In this way, players benefit as minimally as possible from the spoilers.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 10:57:00 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
Re: GRECO!5 Week 10: 1/23 to 1/27
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 04:13:20 PM »
With priceisright.com finally giving a post-Drew-COVID calendar update, a spoiled game has popped up that could be this week or early the following week. It is considered a spoiled game for the purposes of this week (no center square).

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 05:26:05 PM »
Upon further review there are five more games that fall into the maybe category with the first spoiled game. So we're going full spoiler mode on these, but it is likely not all of them will actually show this week. Use your best judgment.

To fully clarify, these six games all come from a taping day that includes 0083L, 0085L, and 0091L. Hence the maybe tag. While these follow spoiler restrictions, they COULD be wasted picks!

If you choose to pick all six, the additional rules for 6+ spoiled games apply on placing that 6th game (see opening post).

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 10:38:03 AM »
13 cards

13: Plinko
12: Coming or Going, Stack the Deck
11: Bargain Game, Dice Game, Double Prices, Golden Road, Range Game, Squeeze Play, Switch?
10: Bonus Game, Card Game, Make Your Move
9: Punch a Bunch, Time I$ Møney
8: Check-Out, Freeze Frame, Lucky $even, Most Expen$ive
7: Any Number, Push Over, That's Too Much!, To The Penny
6: Bullseye, Do the Math, Money Game, One Wrøng Price, Pocket ¢hange
5: Gridlock!, Now....or Then, Secret "X"
4: 5 Price Tags, Side By Side
3: 1 Right Price, 1/2 Off, Check Game, Cliff Hangers, Let 'em Roll, One Away, Shopping Spree
2: Back to '73, Balance Game, Cover Up, Grand Game, Shell Game
1: 3 Strikes, Clock Game, Danger Price, Double Cross, Eazy az 1 2 3, Flip Flop, Grocery Game, Hi Lo, Hot Seat, Master Key, More or Less, Pathfinder, Pay the Rent, Pick-a-Pair, Race Game, Swap Meet, Vend-O-Price

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 12:14:52 PM »
Frustrating start - Dice (super due), DP & Penny were all expected, but Pa# and Rat were both sandbags, and Spree was only picked by two (no 4P was really due this week). Both the SP/car and 4P rotations seem accelerated right now.

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 01:45:09 PM »
For those who stuck with Half as well as Grid on 2 weeks, you were right and I was wrong! At least Pocket & Bullseye showed when they should have.

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 12:25:50 PM »
Yay, another lineup full of undue quickies... I also knew I should have picked Check, arrgh... and the neglect of Bonus is a shame.

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 12:07:29 PM »
How is Bargain the last 2P quickie unplayed... big sigh.

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2023, 12:45:23 PM »
Once again a Friday show brought a lot of due games, even beyond the spoiled ones, outside of Money. This time, the super spot propped me up to second where I didn't really play as well as those just behind me, but that's how it goes. It also broke the tie between FJB & Kev for the winner of this week.

One thing that really surprised me is officially no 3Ps this week. I've been arguing on Discord over if Move counts as one to them.... maybe? Really shocking as well some turntable quickies went unplayed. This was the main factor overall in so few patterns being converted this week.

Exactly half of the spoilers showed up this week. That definitely caused a bit of havoc on the cards!

=========

13: Plinko
12: Coming or Going, Stack the Deck
11: Bargain Game, Dice Game, Double Prices, Golden Road, Range Game, Squeeze Play, Switch?
10: Bonus Game, Card Game, Make Your Move
9: Punch a Bunch, Time I$ Møney
8: Check-Out, Freeze Frame, Lucky $even, Most Expen$ive
7: Any Number, Push Over, That's Too Much!, To The Penny
6: Bullseye, Do the Math, Money Game, One Wrøng Price, Pocket ¢hange
5: Gridlock!, Now....or Then, Secret "X"
4: 5 Price Tags, Side By Side
3: 1 Right Price, 1/2 Off, Check Game, Cliff Hangers, Let 'em Roll, One Away, Shopping Spree
2: Back to '73, Balance Game, Cover Up, Grand Game, Shell Game
1: 3 Strikes, Clock Game, Danger Price, Double Cross, Eazy az 1 2 3, Flip Flop, Grocery Game, Hi Lo, Hot Seat, Master Key, More or Less, Pathfinder, Pay the Rent, Pick-a-Pair, Race Game, Swap Meet, Vend-O-Price
0: Pick-a-Number, Rat Race
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 05:58:18 PM by Wayoshi »