Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/25/2023 (TPiR at Night: Service Workers)  (Read 3235 times)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/25/2023 (TPiR at Night: Service Workers)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2023, 02:15:38 PM »
Why play Grand Game for $25,000 and 1/2 Off for $30,000?

$30,000 has four zeros. $25,000 has long been the standard primetime prize for 1/2 Off. I... I just... [sigh]

They paid extra for that dollars-and-cents display capability, let them use it!!

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2023, 03:04:34 PM »
i swear, half the regulars in these threads are whiners that'd complain about anything NOT being done like in the past

or at least a couple i've noticed on every thread....is there ANYTHING you folks like about modern Price? or would you rather just us go back to the stale late Bob/Dob days of the last 5 seasons of that era (where it became more and more of an ego inflation session for the host)

(edited a couple times to clarify my issue)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 03:09:35 PM by GRWHAMMY the 2nd »

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2023, 03:56:40 PM »
or would you rather just us go back to the stale late Bob/Dob days of the last 5 seasons of that era (where it became more and more of an ego inflation session for the host)

I for one don't want to go back that far-- modern Carey TPIR is fine as it is, even if the audience setup is unlike how it was before, because at least we have somewhat of an audience (and I think Carey and Gray are the closest we'll ever get to the great Barker/Roddy days of yore).

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2023, 12:14:16 PM »
April Fool's was a stroke of genius. During DCW it's pretty excessive but not so bad.

Here it felt like they realized they weren't going to have a car until the SCs (just like every other all cash show or kids show, which has been done a few times now!) and suddenly changed their minds. Needless.

Nothing supports that. Maybe, just maybe, they wanted to do something out of the ordinary. It was perfectly fine and fun, something valuable for TV.