Author Topic: Super Bowl Special (2024)  (Read 2504 times)

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
Super Bowl Special (2024)
« on: February 04, 2023, 09:02:53 PM »
Whilst Fox is hosting the Big Game this year, next year it'll be on CBS so...

Would you think it would be great if Nantz and Romo presented a showcase?
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Super Bowl Special (2024)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 10:50:54 PM »
Would you think it would be great if Nantz and Romo presented a showcase?

“Ehh … I don’t know about that one, Jim.”

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 05:01:10 PM »
Yeahhh….no

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 01:03:36 AM »
I think this could be interesting but how would add to interesting complications depending on how close you make the episode to the event considering that if they do it 3 months away you would not know which teams are playing. also Super Bowl tickets is definitely a polarizing price moment (judging they at Super Bowl tickets to the prize). I would say that Super Bowl tickets would be something that the other person would be disappointing if they missed that showcase. (I am not even the biggest football fan and I would be happy with Super Bowl tickets.) I am not sure if those two Announcers should do it. (I wonder if they will get the people who do 'Super Bowl Commercials' (Boomer and I do not know that a person's name nothing against her just the guy was on the radio station my dad liked) earlier in the week to do the announcement (Granted they show being when prices is right nighttime would be is does annoying me just on the principle that they are replacing it to show commercials). last year they actually had programming during the Super Bowl of Big Brother (literally had two iPads going at the same time and the second would of been switched over to the Olympics after if the game was not on NBC which did not let you streams of 'their channel' at the same time.) their words were "no matter what game might be on another channel." (double checked the quote) so at least I do not have to worry about it interrupting Big Brother.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 07:09:41 PM »
I think this could be interesting but how would add to interesting complications depending on how close you make the episode to the event considering that if they do it 3 months away you would not know which teams are playing.

I remember there being a couple episodes that were filmed and shown fairly quickly (like days from filming to air), so they could probably do it if they wanted to, since they have almost two weeks (film on Mon after the league playoffs, show a week from that Fri before the Superbowl weekend).

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 11:26:58 PM »
Given how many people are turning on Romo and his commentary, I dunno that he'll even be around in 2024!

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 03:55:50 PM »
Given how many people are turning on Romo and his commentary, I dunno that he'll even be around in 2024!

totally OT: Still better than Joe Buck and the Concussion Kid. Glad they moved to ESPN, where I don't have to hear those two.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 02:45:31 PM »
Sure, why not? It's not like one showcase every four years is going to fix or ruin the show.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 07:41:08 PM »
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.