Author Topic: Do I have to camp out for the 6th  (Read 3420 times)

Offline david2532

• Outside in Line
Do I have to camp out for the 6th
« on: June 04, 2007, 07:19:19 PM »
If you have a hard ticket which they printed a low supply for the last days of taping and they are supposed to given priority over other tickets - do you really need to camp out the day before since they dont even open up the holding area gate until 6am? So if I were to show up at 5am would that be ok, I am not worried about getting seat number 1, just as long as I get a seat. Advice?

Offline spretog

• Outside in Line
Re: Do I have to camp out for the 6th
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:09:37 PM »
I think it'll be hard to get a direct answer to this question.  No one really knows how many tickets were specifically issued for the final shows and I doubt anyone you call at CBS will answer that question.  

Here's what I can tell you.  My friends and I went to the May 31st show.  We had regular tickets.  We got there at noon the day before and camped out the whole time.  We ended up being around the 20th or so people in line.  

We found out after we got in that they did in fact give out fewer regular admission tickets then there were seats.  People showed up at 5am+ and got in with no problems.  They were about 250-275 in line and at the end of the regular ticket pack but before the standby people who got in and capped the group at 325.  

There is only one big line mixed with regular tickets and standby tickets.  At 6am the ticketing people came down the line and gave wristbands to the those with regular tickets and Order of Arrival passes to standby.  They worked there way down the whole line.  The wristbands were brought in first and the standby a hour or two later to cap off the rest of the seats.  

So yes, if fewer tickets were given out then seats, you can absolutley walk up at 5:45 and get in line and be set.  The gamble is, did they really give out fewer tickets than seats?

Offline spretog

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:18:14 PM »
Read some other posts and it seems like its pretty reliable that there are fewer regular ticekts than seats and standbys will indeed get in.  It's just a matter of how many standbys.  My conclusion would be that yes, you can show up anytime before 6am with a regular ticket and get in with out a problem.  

One other thing.  They began at the front of the line at 6am to give out wristbands(which are also numbered by the way and that is your order for the rest of the day) and order of arrival numbers.  People with regular tickets/wristbands were told to be on the studio lot at 7:15am.  I've got to imagine if you're in the back of the line, that by the time they get to you, you won't have much time to leave and return.  People at the front have a while since they get their wristbands right away.  So if you plan on getting there later and being in the back of the line, also plan on going straight in.

Offline spretog

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:37:23 PM »
Sorry, one last post.  I also recommend going to the "The Talk is Right" Forum and reading the "Line Update from Willy"  

Lots of useful information that confirms the above.

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 01:29:03 PM »
If you have a priority ticket then camping out will likely be unnecessary unless you care about having a good seat. I had a stand-by ticket to the 1:15 taping yesterday and only 190 priority ticket holders actually showed up, the rest of the audience was all stand-by. Anyways, Jennifer (1985_tpir_fan) and I both have stand-by tickets to the June 6 show and we're currently taking shifts together in line. I'm using the free internet at Kmart right now but I have to go back in line in about another half hour, good luck to everyone else :).