Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/05/2007  (Read 27692 times)

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/05/2007
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 05:17:51 PM »
Rich's introduction of "Boooooooob BARKER!!!!!" at the top of today's show seemed... I'm not quite sure how to describe it... a little more enthusiastic or energetic (not that there was anything wrong with how he's done it before).

I wonder if it's finally dawned on him that he's only got a few more chances to announce Barker's name as host (it's easy to get jaded when you're part of the inner circle), and he's going for the extra gusto.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it, and he's just feeding off the added excitement and energy of the crowd?  In any case, his introduction seemed to have an extra "oomph" that I've never noticed before.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 06:05:37 PM »
Aside from a few outstanding screams, I don't get what prompted Rita to stop on such a cheap price in Freeze Frame.  If anything, $3,517 didn't even look like it could have been right.

Melissa was awesome.  She was such an enthusiastic contestant with a intersting predicament.  Too bad she didn't keep going in It's in the Bag, but I was glad that she did bail on uncertanity.

There was just no way Lucky $even was going to be won today.  If anything, that nine would probably killed just about anybody's chances at winning.

Would I have been the only one to place the $1,750 sale price on the rower in Clearance Sale?  That thing looked like it should have been rediculously expensive, but I guess not.

Speaking of Clearance Sale, the sign made a strange flashing pattern that I can't say I've seen before.  Has anybody seen the word flash in separate words and then as a whole like that?

I would have won That's too Much!  I'm quite proud of that. :)

That first Showcase would have been a whole lot more intersting if they had pre-taped segments of Lanisha actually pushing and pulling those buttons and levers mentioned.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 06:54:12 PM »
GoldenBulldog wrote:
As I said in chat this morning, I'm gonna call this one a "Doughnut Situation" rather than a true skunking.  To quote a famous commercial:  You make the call!

I thought about this, and I struggled with it. I don't remember a time where in this situation someone chose to bail out of what would have been the only victory of the day.

In the end, I determined that if the skunk is to sing all six games have to be lost outright. I'll reconsider if I can find a similar circumstance as today's.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 07:16:50 PM »
Okay. I am so happy. :-D
After spotting myself a few times during the opening, I got as excited as I was there. So cool, so cool.

The full story is in the TALK thread.

Freeze Frame: I actually thought the game was skinny and tall. Seeing it in person, it looked just a little wide and shorter than my previous perspective. I did not agree on 3517. I was expecting something like 6650 for obvious reasons.

One Bid 2: Oooh! I got a close up!
I KNEW Robert would be called up from the very beginning!

It's in the Bag: "Raymond" (I forgot his name) or the guy behind me told me the Glad bags cost around ten dollars. I was totally unsure from the start because I did not know how much ladies shaving cream costs. When Melissa got that right, I went on, supporting the next bag. I had confidence the Cortaid was in the $9.99 bag. I was happy Melissa got the money for her wedding story. I vaguely remember her in line. However I was upset because I thought the Mylanta was in the last bag. The upset increased a little when the fact that she could have won the whole 16 if she went on. However, I was releived when "Raymond's" thought on the Glad Bags were wrong. At least I knew that.

Lucky Seven: The guys were pushing the turntable. Willy and Josh asked me what game is coming up. I put up seven fingers. They knew I was right. I would have said 2 for the second number and 5 for the rest. I would still lose.
So far, two games were played that I schooled the ladies in line on the previous day.

Clearance Sale: I was as confused as Tracy on this one. I knew the rowing machine would be the least. I probably would have used the same setup as hers and lose.

That's Too Much!: That's Terrible!
I would have also stopped at that price because I usually think Aveos cost around $18,000. I was wrong this time. I was so confident that Allen (another chap I met in line) got the car.

One Bid 6: In line, Tyler and a few other people said to me they were going to call on me for help. In one of those One Bids I gave a sign of 1400 (in which would never work except for the first). I think he was trying to look for me, but since he couldn't, I guess he tried other help. That didn't work. I tried to find him after the taping. Maybe he went to the House already. I still have respect and support for him.
I'm sure Wesley was excited to be called. He was also one of those that wanted to find me for help. At least I got to write on his shirt.

Pick-A-Number: I forgot which number I picked; I knew I did not say 1. In frustration, I dropped my cap like a disgruntled baseball manager. I was able to quicky calm down because at first I thought we were skunked. I figured not really because Bob did say we had one winner.

Showcases: Before the segment began, Bob felt the audience was not to energetic as they were at the start of the show. So he told us that when we see the prizes, we give very good "Oooh"s and "Ahhh"s. After a collective demonstration, Bob was not too pleased. So he asked a few of us indivisually to give it a try. I assisted in pointing at those that wanted his attention. After a couple, Bob asked the one in the brown t-shirt, WHICH WAS ME, to give it a try. I gave a very hard one, one that I could feel from the stomach. Bob complimented nicely on it, mentioning that I said it from the stomach. Trust me, that was one of the most greatest things that has happened to me in my life so far.
Tracy's bid was obviously too low. Rita's husband sat directly in front of me. When Rita won, I tried to boost him to go to his wife.
Truth be told: "Raymond" was about to get on stage too. I tried to block him, but then the page in front of me, Willy, and I think visually Rich, blocked me, too. I was not trying to get up there. When the possible stampede calmed down, I was all in cheers as the cameras panned around the audience. The ending was so long, I almost thought we were going to get a full credit roll during the ending.

Last week when Kenneth won his games, money and his Showcases, I was being positive that another person named Kenneth would be called up on stage and would be able to win cash and prizes. That did not happen because I was not called. I am not upset at all. The important thing was that I was able to appear in one of the most entertaing programs in television. I am totally happy (almost crying). It doesn't matter if all the games were won or lost, or a five out or six. I had a wonderful, almost indescribably great time. I would do it all over again if I can.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 07:36:09 PM »
PG #1:  $3,517 = "GARF!"  I can't believe the Sonoma Symphony's price went all the way down to $6,650.  I thought for sure that $8,045 was the right price, considering that $8,290 wasn't a choice.

PG #2:  The first four bags were easy.  The last bag could've easily gone either way.  This is the first time in a long time that somebody had all five products right, but it was only a little disappointing that Melissa stopped considering her financial situation.

PG #3:  Double 2s and a 1, with the possibility of the last number being 9.  That was forced loss city.

One-Bid #4:  Fireball Hottie #42--Tracy!  :P

PG #4:  Boo urns.  A hottie gets taken down by that evil $2,000 luggage.

PG #5:  THAT'S A WILLY!  There was no excuse to go past $17,000 on an Aveo.  Hell, there was no excuse to go past $16,000 on an Aveo either.

PG #6:  Tens digit PA# = forced loss.  And we have a winless show less than two weeks before Bob's finale.  

Showcase #1:  Is that it?  A computer, a pool table, and a trip to Japan?  As far as I'm concerned, $9,000 is not that bad a bid.  I'll be surprised if that showcase breaks $12K...

Showcase #2:  WHOO SHOWCASE '83!

My showcase bids:
Fireball Special--$11,111
Car--$24,042

Results:  Whoa!  That must've been one expensive clock in SC2 cuz that PT Cruiser was definitely dirt cheap.

WHAT THE--?!  HOW THE HELL DID THAT FIRST SHOWCASE COME TO $23K!?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6723

Hottie
Okay, Tracy...and more of Tracy!:P

Freeze Frame
I don't see 82, and I don't see 90 either.  This means that the price of the spa went down from $8,290 to $6,650 starting with April 23's first showcase.

Bidding Round #2
I just saw a cameraman in the mirror.

It's in the Bag
$16,000?  Try $16,000,000.  This is perfect timing for Rachel, who is just about to reach a career total of $16,000,000, which is about $4,000,000 per year!

Showcase #1: Lanisha's Secret Compartments
Apple Desktop Computer - $3,864
Golden West Billiard Table - $2,400
A business-class trip to Tokyo - $16,799

Showcase #2: Your foot
Ridgeway Baker Grandfather Clock - $5,863
100 CD Jukebox - $7,000
Chrysler PT Cruiser - $17,090

Modeling Report Card for June 5, 2007
Score to beat:  $61,298

...and then, there were 62 prizes until Rachel reaches 3,000.  And if the Sonoma Symphony Spa's old price were kept, Gabrielle's modeling total would have been $41,313.

This is $132,754, you were watching four GPs and 20 prizes.  I think there will be at least 27 more GPs in Barker's final 48 IUFBs.

Offline Ted

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 10:59:49 PM »
I think the last digit in the price of the car in Lucky Seven was a "7":

Standard equipment: $22430
+ security package: $995
+ paint and fabric protection: $792
TOTAL PRICE: $24217

If you don't believe me, check the March 20th recap...same car with paint and fabric protection, and the price ended in a "2".

Also, since Tracy is already a model (and a beautiful one at that), I think she would make a lovely addition to the model rotation.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 11:01:54 PM »
Freeze: $6650 did look like the only logical price. Her choice wasn't.

IITB: Melissa looked like a fun player. I hope $8K will give her the wedding of her life. But I really wished she went on for $16K.

Lucky 7: Tricky price.

Clearance: I would've went with the same setup as Tracy, too. :oops:

TTM: That's too far!!!

Pick #: Too bad.

Showcases: $9K would cost for a showcase like that 20 years ago. Rita bidded well.

A 2-star show.

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 11:17:23 PM »
Gary,

i can't BELIEVE i missed that one :-(

well...it's bad enough i slept right through it :-(

( like before, i'll have to wait until the end of friday's episode to see the opening of today's show...since i'm taping a weeks worth )
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 01:32:36 AM »
Ted wrote:
I think the last digit in the price of the car in Lucky Seven was a "7" ...

Nice of you to "show your work", but a couple of our members were present at the taping, so we have witnesses. They tell me it was a nine.

Also, since Tracy is already a model (and a beautiful one at that), I think she would make a lovely addition to the model rotation.

No more models, please. We have seven regulars already. That's more than enough.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 12:39:29 PM »
Freeze Frame-$3517 looked completely wrong.  Bad stopping.  I thought $8045 was the correct choice.

It's In the Bag-OWWWWIE, she could've won $16,000 if she would've gone on.  It's been so long since we've had a winner, I was hoping she would go on.  That setup was actually pretty easy for once.

Lucky $even-Roger's nasty streak in this game continues.  Another 9 as the last digit!  And a nasty price as well.  Another forced loss.

Clearance Sale-Tough.

That's Too Much-Aveo+TTM=Forced Loss  :wotc:

Pick a Number-NOOO, a winless show with less than 2 weeks with Barker.  With the tens digit, any one of those digits could have been the right one.

SC #1-Good lord, that was an expensive showcase!  $16K+ for a trip to Japan??  Unless someone bid crazily on this, no one was going to win this showcase.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 12:48:25 PM »
Joe_Capitano wrote:
Ted wrote:
I think the last digit in the price of the car in Lucky Seven was a "7" ...

Nice of you to "show your work", but a couple of our members were present at the taping, so we have witnesses. They tell me it was a nine.

I can say with 100% certainty that the last number was not a 9.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 02:42:55 PM »
Well, in that case, we'll just consider the last digit missing unless someone who WAS THERE can fill it in. No point in guessing.

Eskander, this is where you can be a big hero. Let's see the full board revealed at the end.

Offline Jason Batt

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 06:16:52 PM »
I smell a skunk here!  (I consider It's In The Bag a loss because she walked when she should've went for it.)
Freeze Frame - Boy, was that an evil setup!  I couldn't begin to even venture a guess at the price!
It's In The Bag - Ouch!:-(  Should've went for it instead of bailing!
Lucky $even - Too bad!:-(  Started out good, getting the second number in the price right on the money, then it went down the toilet from there!
Clearance Sale - Are you kidding me!? Thats some expensive luggage & a cheap daybed!
That's Too Much - Went too far!  [color=FF0000]THIS GAME BADLY NEEDS TO BE RETIRED!!!!!!!![/color]:-x[/b][/u]
Pick A Number - Too bad!:-(
Showcases - That must have been an expensive trip in Tracy's showcase!  I wonder why she only bid $9,000 on it.:-?
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 11:52:58 PM »
Cartboy wrote:

I smell a skunk here!  (I consider It's In The Bag a loss because she walked when she should've went for it.)

I'm afraid Roger would disagree with you.  It's in the Bag wasn't won, but it wasn't lost, either.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.