Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/19/2023  (Read 4866 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 4/19/2023
« on: April 19, 2023, 11:58:45 AM »
Episode #0203L
Aired – 4/19/2023; Taped – 2/22/2023
Models: Alexis Gaube, Devin Goda
Microphone Handoff: Alexis
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Designer Watches (Tense: 5 men"s watches); ARP: $1,340 (Overhead)

HANNA TONY BRENDA MILES
1500 1000 2000 1200

The winner is...
MILES

Miles is playing SECRET X for a new hot tub (Artesian Spas: South Seas 737 LE hydrotherapy hot tub with seating for 7, 37 jets, sooth and tranquil waterfall; ARP: $11,900) (Devin).

Miles places the free X...

The small prizes are:

1. Pink Noise Sound Machine (Alexis)
  2. Revlon Hair Straightener
?

?
X

?

$130
$199
Sound Machine

$130
$199
$130
?

X
?
X

?

$40
$85
FLAT IRON

$40
$85
$40
?
X
X
?
X

?

The secret X is revealed...
X
X
X
X

WIN (Total Winnings: $12,070)

Second IUFB: Shuffleboard Table (9ft shuffleboard table with abacus scoring; bowling pin set; courtesy of Game Room Guys); ARP: $1,874 (Alexis v. Devin)

HANNA TONY BRENDA STACY
1200 700 1201 675

The winner is...
BRENDA

Brenda is playing Do The Math for:

1. ATV (Kayo: Storm 180 with 177cc engine, CVT, electric start, helmet) (Devin)
  2. Massage Chair (Kahuna Chair: zero gravity SL Track massage chair) (Alexis)

± $1,199 =
ATV
MASSAGE CHAIR
Brenda believes it is
+ $1,199 =
ATV
MASSAGE CHAIR
+ $1,199 =
$3,799
$2,600
X

LOSS

Third IUFB: Pizza Oven (Pizzello: wooden and propane pizza oven with extra peel, 2 stones, accessories); ARP: $530 (Devin)

HANNA TONY KENNY STACY
700 500 600 645

The winner is...
TONY

Tony, who is noted game show enthusiast Tony Harrison, is playing Ten Chances for:

1. Smart Plug (3-prong smart plug)
  2. Desktop Computer (Hewlett-Packard: 21.5in all-in-one PC with 8GB RAM, 1TB HD; leather mousepad) (Alexis)
  3. 2023 Aurora Black Kia Forte LXS (2L engine, IVT, FWD, wheel locks, cargo hook, phone charging kit) (Devin)

PRIZE Smart Plug
Computer
CAR
ARP 30 570 21530
GUESS

WIN              

Given who is in the audience, if that didn"t happen I would"ve been shocked.

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Brenda $1,874 45 60 1.05
OVER
Miles $13,410 90 STAY .90 *SHOWCASE*
Tony $22,660 60 95 1.55
OVER

Fourth IUFB: Cardio Machine (Bowflex: Max Cardio trainer with 1yr digital fitness platform subscription; 24oz stainless steel water bottle); ARP: $2,031 (Devin)

HANNA ELEANOR KENNY STACY
1700 899 1500 1860

The winner is...
STACY

Stacy is playing Flip Flop for a trip to Bonaire (RT Coach to Bonaire for a 6n all-inclusive stay in a deluxe oceanfront room at Divi Flamingo Beach Resort + $600 resort credit) (Alexis)

86 29

Stacy FLOPS to

86 92

ARP be...

86 92

WIN

Fifth IUFB: Fan Package (Smart purifying fan; 3-in-1 smart fan); ARP: $1,740 (Alexis)

HANNA ELEANOR KENNY WILLIAM
1200 750 1201 875

The winner is...
KENNY

Kenny is playing Easy As 1-2-3 for:

1. Party Appliance Group (Danby: indoor freestanding kegerator; 38-bottle wine cooler, progammable ice maker) (devin)
  2. Designer Bags and Shoes (Michael Kors: backpack, tote, camera bag with pouch, 2 pairs of boots, slip on chic loafers) (Devin and Alexis)
  3. Television (70in UHD 4K LED smart television with soundbar) (Alexis)

PARTY APPLIANCES
$3060
BAGS & SHOES
$2094
TELEVISION
$1068

WIN

Hanna was the very first person called on down today. Unfortunately, she"s also bidding 3rd here with the 6th item up for bid. The 1-up by Kenny being successful did that. Now, a limo trip is likely for her. Creagerstown, Maryland is probably really nice but a car would be better.

Sixth IUFB: Car Media Receiver (Alpine: 11in display reciever); ARP: $1,100 (Devin)

HANNA ELEANOR ASHLEY WILLIAM
500 561 560 1000

The winner is...
WILLIAM

Hanna departs while William is playing Let "Em Roll for a 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross L (2L engine, CVT, FWD, DEG; ARP: $24,525) (Alexis).

William will guess the prices of these items:

• Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix (8ct)
  • Mountain High Whole Milk Yogurt (64oz)
  • Santa Barbara Olive Co. Pitted California Green Olives (6oz)

The price of the cocoa mix is...
$4.79 * *
COCOA MIX YOGURT OLIVES
William guesses yogurt is higher...
$4.79 $5.99 *
COCOA MIX YOGURT OLIVES
William guesses the olives is higher...
$4.79 $5.99 $6.99
COCOA MIX YOGURT OLIVES

William has 3 rolls.

Roll 1:

CAR
CAR
CAR

Roll 2:

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR

Roll 3:

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR

WIN

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Kenny $7,962 25 45 .70
Stacy $10,723 15 30 .45
William $25,625 85 .85 *SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

William has the honors...

SC1 - William

SHOWTIME!
  • Trip to New York City (RT Coach to New York, NY for a 5n stay in a premium room at the Westin New York at Times Square + daily breakfast, 2 Broadway show tickets) (Alexis)
  • Digital Camcorder (Sony: 4K HD camcorder with 128GB memory card) (Alexis)
  • 2023 Chevrolet Malibu RS (1.5L engine, CVT, FWD, cargo net) (Devin)
Bid: $35,000

SC2 - Miles

FLOAT YOUR BOAT
  • Fishing Kayak (Pelican: The Catch 110HD kayak with paddle, life vest, navigation system) (Devin)
  • Bedroom (Furniture of America: wood-grained bedroom with queen bed, chest, dresser, nightstand; Puffy: temperature stabilizing queen mattress with 2 pillows; 128GB tablet with 11in screen, throw blanket, electric blanket) (Alexis)
  • Trip to Italy (RT Coach to Florence, IT for an 8n stay in a Dante suite at Villa Michaela + all meals, $1200 amenities credit, full-day trip to Venice with gondola ride for 2) (Devin)
Bid: $24,012
William
$35,000
NEWYORK/CAR
$35,279
$279
NEWYORK/CAR
*WIN*
$60,904
Miles
$24,012
ROOM/ITALY
$25,271
$1,259
ROOM/ITALY

Results: 5 out of 6
Winnings: $117,533
Biggest Winner: William

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

Working the next 4 days. Apologize in advance if the next 2 recaps are late.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 08:01:00 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Renny

• In the Audience
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/19/2023
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 12:04:19 PM »
My goodness, how many years have it been since we saw someone playing Ten Chances perfectly? I believe it's sometime in the Barker era.

Many congratulations to Tony. Well played.
"You realize... We are in the presence of a miracle!" - Bob Barker

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 12:15:24 PM »
My goodness, how many years have it been since we saw someone playing Ten Chances perfectly? I believe it's sometime in the Barker era.

Many congratulations to Tony. Well played.

It was, on May 5, 2000. This is the first time 10 Chances has been played perfectly in nearly 23 years, and under Drew's watch. Also, Tony was on the show previously on October 13, 1997, where he won $5,100 in Plinko. It was great to have him return and make Price is Right history today. Major congratulations to him!

It's amazing that Secret "X" was won since the free X was placed in one of the worst spots possible. It's amazing that Miles lucked out and won.

Great bidding from both contestants in the showcases, and we were close to having another Double Showcase Win, too!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 12:36:49 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline namnhu12

• 12/19/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 12:18:34 PM »
This has to be in the running for the daytime show of the year.  And the Superfans show is the primetime show of not only year but of all time.
I got to live my lifelong dream on December 19, 2023.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 12:22:24 PM »
Nam, it might be the best daytime show I've seen this season, period.  The energy was just pure; it was top notch.  Kenny was a treat; great guy (he fell on the way to CS but was okay).  You could just see the passion and excitement from start to finish.

As for the infamous Tony Harrison, the second I saw the 2 prizes before the car for Ten Chances, I knew we were getting our second winner, period.  Didn't take too long, of course!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 12:28:06 PM »
Best daytime show of the season and it isn't particularly close. Thank you to our superfans for their great advice during the car games!
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 01:43:41 PM »

Saw that Barker exacta-- wonder how many playings prior to that had had an exacta, if any.

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2023, 06:31:18 PM »
Is this the same Tony Harrison that used to run tpir.tv?

Offline namnhu12

• 12/19/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2023, 06:36:42 PM »
Supermatch93,

It is indeed Tony Harrison from the tpir.tv website.
I got to live my lifelong dream on December 19, 2023.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2023, 08:07:44 PM »
Fun show today , even thought I didn't get to see it live  ( I was at work ) , I had to wait until the CBS website upload.

With the 10C win , it was the 1st time since 10/3/17 someone won all three prizes in 3 straight chances ( which was chances 3-5 )
It also broke Drew's record of fewest chances in a car win ( 5 chances , done 3 times )

Offline GFinNY

• 4/18/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2023, 09:55:12 PM »
That was a great show! Nice job by Tony on the perfect playing of 10 Chances (my favorite pricing game ... though I guess Pick A Pair and Card Game should be my faves, since they both treated me well! LOL).

Kenny was awesome. He and his friends had come to the earlier taping that day (the show I was on yesterday), and they were big hits in the audience, and got offered to stay for the next taping. I thought sure with their energy, enthusiasm and friendliness, one of them would end up getting picked! (Oh, and it's really easy to knock those chairs over and trip on them! When I jumped up, I knocked mine over, too. :D )

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2023, 10:41:48 PM »
That was a great show! Nice job by Tony on the perfect playing of 10 Chances (my favorite pricing game ... though I guess Pick A Pair and Card Game should be my faves, since they both treated me well! LOL).
10 Chances is one of my favorite games. I like seeing more suspense, but what a win!

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2023, 07:03:47 AM »
What a sensational day between Ten Chances perfection for the first time in the 21st Century if I read correctly that is, two phenomenal showcase bids too.  When the losing bidder is only off by $1,200 and change, it's too bad, but WOW.  Just WOW!  Superb show in spite of the fact that the Showcase Showdowns did not have any cash won on them today.

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2023, 12:02:17 PM »
Saw that Barker exacta-- wonder how many playings prior to that had had an exacta, if any.

May 2000 was a legit perfect win in 10 Chances.  November 2000 saw another perfect playing in 10 Chances, but not because of the contestant's skill

https://archive.org/details/the-price-is-right-november-1-2000-ten-chances-blooper

Offline TonySCV

• In the Audience
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2023, 12:56:09 PM »
Hi All!

I thought you would enjoy hearing about my experience. As some of you know, I was the person behind the website tpir .tv, which was the first price is right fan website on the internet (as far as I know!). It featured video clips and audio clips from the show from my personal tape collection and was a labor of love for me to run from the late 90’s to early 2000’s. I launched it after appearing on the show for the first time in 1997, and I played Plinko! I won $5,100 in cash, a snowblower, a beard trimmer, a water filtration pitcher, a Libman Wonder mop, and a glass chess set. :)

I originally applied to be on the Superfan prime time special which aired a few months ago. I made the cut to be in the studio among the 20 potential contestants for what arguably was one of the all-time best episodes of Price. While I ultimately was not called to “come on down” at that taping, the producers encouraged all of us to return for a future taping, and as a result I began emailing the contestant producers to find a tape date for a daytime taping that I could return for, and my friends who were my studio guests could also make. We settled on Feb 21st, 2023, the day after the President’s Day holiday.

We were the 2nd show taped of three that day. In line, we were once again interviewed, and Hannah the contestant producer immediately recognized me from the Superfan taping and I again did my best to exude energy and excitement, and my guests did as well. To date, every potential contestant from the Superfan special who had made it back to a 2nd taping had been called on down, so my hopes were high that I would be selected this time around as well, but as always, there’s no guarantee until George says your name!

We filed in to the studio, and while I have been in Studio 33 many times for many historic tapings (the 5,000th show, 30th anniversary show, 35th anniversary show, etc.) I took some extra time soaking it all in, because we knew by this point that the show would be moving to a new studio after 51 years. I’m sure the new facilities will be a massive upgrade, as Studio 33 is showing its age, but 33 holds a special place in my heart. It was where I taped my first ever game show when I was on Price is Right back in 1997, I’ve been to numerous game show tapings in 33 as an audience member including Price, Match Game, and Hollywood Squares, and it was a thrill to hopefully be able to walk up those stairs from Contestant’s Row one final time. The feeling you get in that studio is indescribable.

The show was running about 45 minutes late on the day, but no one cared much. The lights came on and George came out and the next thing you know, we were underway. I was the 2nd contestant called to Come on Down!

The rest is very much a blur. The first two items up for bids were items we were unfamiliar with, and given my position in bidding, it was unlikely I was going to have much of a shot at bring the winning bidder, but I realized that I would likely be bidding last for the 3rd pricing game, and after seeing the first two games were non-car games, I knew pricing game 3 was going to be my best shot.

Out rolls a pizza oven to bid on from the turntable. Again, at the time of taping, this was a product neither I nor my guests had seen yet, so we took an educated guess and I bid one dollar more than the highest bid, and we all overbid. That was edited out, so thanks to the Price editors for making me look smarter than I actually was there lol. What did air was our 2nd set of bids. I ultimately decided that going low was the best idea, so I bid $500, which is the modern era’s version of a $1 bid, given that no item up for bid has ever been less than $500 for several years now.

Drew announces that the actual retail price is $530… music to my ears, and up on stage I went. As soon as they started describing the two small prizes, I felt confident I would be playing 10 chances, and my first thought was “wow… I’m going to win a car today”. :) Any loyal fan of Price knows this is the easiest car game to win if you know the unwritten rule that all prices end in zero.

The smart plug seemed pretty straightforward at $30. The computer was not straightforward at all, and all the credit for that bid goes to my friend Tristan who has in the audience and saw that same computer on the show recently and knew it was $570. Without knowing that, I would have burned through several chances guessing higher prices for certain. So thanks to Tristan for setting the stage for what happened next…

The final prize was the car, a Kia Forte, which is a car that Price has trotted out at least once a week for ages now, and we were all quite confident that the car was $21,##0. It was just a matter of deciding which order to put the 3rd and 4th numbers. The show had tossed in a couple of accessories, so we opted for $21,530 vs. $21,350… Drew hits the button… the card drops, and we all lose our minds. Just like that, a historic moment! Something that hadn’t happened since 5-5-2000… a 10 Chances exacta! I was in shock. Drew was in shock. What a thrill to be part of a little Price is Right history. He came over to me at the car and we talked for a bit off camera of just how insane and rare that was… he knew he had never seen it in all his years hosting, and it was at that point he learned that I was at the superfan taping, and he said “wow… we did a good job finding the best players!”.

During the commercial break, the perfect playing was all anyone could talk about. George asked me if I knew when the last time it was that happened, and I told him I didn’t know for sure, but it had been a very long time ago (we didn’t have our phones to look it up). Even one of the camera operators came over to me and congratulated me… she said she was stunned. Had never seen it. Devin said he’d never thought anyone could do it. Both Drew and George told the audience for the rest of the show to look over at our group for help… that we were all superfans and were here to help!

Unfortunately I could not get past the wheel, but I could not have asked for a better experience. I would encourage all of you who are eligible to apply for the next season! Hopefully you can make a little history in the process as well. Hopefully I’ll be able to do see you all again in 2033!

Tony