Author Topic: Recap for February 15, 1991 (7915D)  (Read 500 times)

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Recap for February 15, 1991 (7915D)
« on: May 06, 2023, 04:27:26 PM »
Episode Number: 7915D
Airdate: February 15, 1991
Barker Beauties: Janice, Dian, Holly, Kathleen

(Source video begins at second call-down, so opening graphics are unknown.)

Here it comes! Television's most exciting hour of fantastic prizes! The fabulous, 60-minute Price Is Right!

First Four: Right-to-left
Microphone Handoff: Janice

Bob is in a particularly good mood today. He has just finished an enormous chocolate chip cookie, and it was still hot. It was brought up to his dressing room, and the cookies will also be sold at the door as the audience leaves...not really.  :P

1st IUFB - A new drum set: A Remo 5-piece that includes tom toms, bass, and snare, plus two Zildjian cymbals with a floor stand (Holly)

|WILLIAM|JOANNE|ANNE|THOMAS|
|$675|$1300|$1100|$950|

Actual Retail Price: $1,979!

Joanne is playing Barker's Bargain Bar for a beautiful brass cradle (Janice) and a handsome brass and glass desk (Dian):
1: Swann Brass Beds solid brass cradle with cradle bedding ensemble, fine ivory satin, and fringe laces designed for the baby who has has everything
2: Carson's of High Point upholstered chair with brass legs that works well with a brass and glass desk

Cradle
–
Desk/Chair
$1057
|
$1536

Joanne picks the cradle. Reveal the prices!

$1457
|
$1736
$400
|
$200

Joanne wins both prizes!

2nd IUFB - A bracelet watch: From Jules Jurgensen, an elegant lady's quartz watch sculptured in yellow 14-karat gold with 1-piece tapered link bracelet, accented with a champagne dial (Dian)

|William|MELANIE|Anne|Thomas|
|$1050|$950|$900|$1000|

Actual Retail Price: $1,200!

William will play Hole in One for a new convertible: a Geo Metro LSI convertible equipped with standard features and California Emission (Kathleen), plus a set of new Toyo Tires (Dian), a package worth $10,405.

William has been doing off-and-on golfing for 10 years, and he's a good putter, so Bob says that's practically his car. We'll still play anyway.

The grocery products are:
1. Country Kitchen light syrup (SYRUP)
2. Static Guard static eliminator (FABRIC CARE)
3. Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls (SNACK CAKES)
4. Ricola Natural Herb Cough Drops (COUGH DROPS)
5. Jonny Cat premium cat litter (CAT LITTER)
6. Bresler's Ice Cream & Yogurt (ICE CREAM)

|SYRUP|FABRIC CARE|SNACK CAKES|
|COUGH DROPS|CAT LITTER|ICE CREAM|

William places the products in the following order:

|SNACK CAKES|SYRUP|COUGH DROPS|ICE CREAM|FABRIC CARE|CAT LITTER|
|––––|––––|––––|––––|––––|––––|

Janice will begin revealing the first three prices, and Holly will reveal the last three.

|SNACK CAKES|SYRUP|COUGH DROPS|ICE CREAM|FABRIC CARE|CAT LITTER|
|99’|$2.09|$1.29|––––|––––|––––|

William will putt from the second line.

Bob gives an inspiration putt. Too far to the right even though it started curving left towards the hole. It's a miss.

William putts. Straight into the hole! He wasn't kidding about being a good putter. Success!

William wins the convertible!

It appears Rod almost told John instead of Bob that a new player was coming on down, and what follows?

Bob: Bob. Barker. B-A-R-K-E-R. Who did you work with last?
Rod: I got confused.
Bob: More importantly, who will you be working with next?
Rod: I got confused. I was looking at this name while I was trying to say yours.
Bob: I want you to think of my name when you're saying my name.
Rod: I shall. From now on. I promise.
Bob: Alright, Tom- er, Rod.

3rd IUFB - A lovely dinette set: A 5-piece dinette group with laminate tabletop and black metal framework, ideal for all types of casual dining (Janice and Kathleen)

|JOHN|Melanie|Anne|Thomas|
|$1000|$1150|$1300|$1350|

BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ! They've all overbid, so erase the bids and go lower than $1,000.

|JOHN|Melanie|Anne|Thomas|
|$850|$900|$850
$875
|$925|

Actual Retail Price: $999!

Thomas is playing Squeeze Play for a new car: A Subaru Justy DL equipped with all the standard features including a 5-speed transmission, California emission, plus air conditioning, and AM-FM cassette combo (Dian)

| 7 5 6 8 2 |
| – – – – – |

Thomas's wife wants the 8 pulled out. Squeeze them together and reveal the price!

| $ 7 5 6 2 |
| $ 7 5 6 2 |

Thomas wins the car!

1st Showcase Showdown:
|CONTESTANT|SPIN 1|SPIN 2|TOTAL|RESULT|
|Joanne|.15|.15|.30|––|
|Thomas|.75|––|.75|SHOWCASE|
|William|.20|.90|1.10|OVER|

4th IUFB - A comfortable chaise: From Lee Industries, a chaise covered in a pretty floral fabric with single seat cushion, angle arm, and loose pillows (Dian, plus a wonderful dog)

The dog is up for adoption at the 11th Avenue Animal Shelter operated by the L.A. Department of Animal Regulation!

|John|Melanie|Anne|CHERI|
|$850|$900|$950|$750|

Actual Retail Price: $1,100!

Anne is playing 2 for the Price of 1 for a new color TV (Janice) and a new sauna (Holly):
1. JVC Company of America 20-inch color television with master command remote control, featuring multi-color on-screen displays, channel guard, and home sitter function
2. Almost Heaven of Renick, West Virginia free-standing barrel sauna providing steam for relaxation

7 3 5
$ $ $
4 1 0

Anne picks the first number for free. It's 4.

7 3 5
4 $ $
– 1 0

Anne says the price of the prize is $430. Light up the correct price!

7 – 5
4 3 0
– 1 –

Anne wins the prizes!

So how are things going in Rod's life? He says things are going almost wonderfully. Cher came out and stole his chocolate diet, so he's revising his own. Rod's "chocolate and pasta diet" will now be known as the southern version from New Orleans, the "Rod Roddy Pasta and Praline Diet". It works wonderfully, according to him, and he's been on it for about a week now. He hasn't lost any weight, but he loves those pralines.

5th IUFB - A lovely bar cart: An oval bar cart made of brush nickel and polished brass with two glass shelves, making a home entertaining and more convenient with its mobility (Kathleen)

|John|Melanie|JOSEPH|Cheri|
|$750|$550|$530|$850|

Actual Retail Price: $799!

John is playing Punch A Bunch for a chance to win up to $10,000! (Janice)

PUNCHBOARD
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

John can win up to four punches on the Punchboard by pricing these small items (Holly):

1. Kenwood all-in-one mixer and food processor with adjustable speeds

$75

John thinks the price is LOWER.

HIGHER
$100

Wrong!

2. Toastmaster toaster oven broiler which broils, bakes, toasts, top rounds, and keeps warm

$56

John thinks the price is HIGHER.

HIGHER
$70

Correct! 1 punch earned!

3. Hitachi automatic food steamer and rice cooker which cooks up to 8 cups and keeps food warm automatically

$71

LOWER
$55

Correct! 2 punches earned!

4. Toastmaster waffle baker which bakes large waffles or reverses for grilling non-stick finish for easy clean-up

$68

LOWER
$55

Correct! 3 punches earned!

John punches the following holes:

PUNCHBOARD
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 3
$ $ $ 1 $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ 2 $ $ $ $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Bob brings up that every time we play, someone yells in the corner, and someone punches out a hole in the corner. "Remember, never put the $10,000 in the corner, you know?"

Slip 1 is worth... $50. John obviously throws it away.
Slip 2 is worth... $250. John throws it away.
Slip 3 is worth...

...well, how much would John be happy with? If he ended up with $200, he's still be happy. $100 would still make him happy. If he's happy with that...

...he'll be happy with $10,000!

*CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG* *Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!*

John has won the top prize!

Oh, and audience member Mary just cost the show 10 grand.  :P

6th IUFB - A handy trash compactor: A Whirlpool trash compactor featuring convenient touch tone drawer opener with solid air freshener compartment and quiet packed sound conditioning (Dian on compactor, while Holly and Janice fill it with trash)

|ELIZABETH|Melanie|Joseph|Cheri|
|$600|$650|$475|$500|

BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ! They've all overbid, and they must go lower than $475.

|ELIZABETH|Melanie|Joseph|Cheri|
|$375|$425|$376|$450|

Actual Retail Price: $455!

Cheri is playing One Away for a new car: a Pontiac Trans Sport van uniquely designed and comfortable with lots of room, and equipped with standard features plus six-passenger seating and California emission (everyone).

The price of $25643 below is not correct.

$ 2 5 6 4 3

Cheri changes the price to $16532.

$ 1 6 5 3 2

Do I have 1 number-
Gentlemen, do I have 1 number right-
Gentlemen, do I have at least num- 1 number right-

"Gentlemen, do I have at least 1 number right?"

HONK!

Does Cheri have 2 numbers right?

HONK!

Does Cheri have 3 numbers right?

Silence.

Cheri changes the price to $16754. Reveal the price!

$ 1 6 7 5 4
$ 1 6 7 5 4

Cheri wins the car, and it's a PERFECT SHOW!

Contestants not appearing on stage receive Jantzen fashions for men, Centrum Advanced Formula, and Libman Wonder Mop.

2nd Showcase Showdown:
|CONTESTANT|SPIN 1|SPIN 2|TOTAL|RESULT|
|Anne|.70|––|.70||
|John|.35|.45|.80|SHOWCASE|
|Cheri|.45|.25|.70||

John is the top winner, and Thomas is the Runner-Up!

SHOWCASE 1 "Ways to Break a Lease":

1. "Play music at odd hours", very loudly on a new jukebox (Janice)
- A SongBird jukebox, a 45-RPM magnum stereo built into a 1957 T-Bird tail section with flashing tail lights

2. "Trim the shag carpet" with a new riding lawn mower (Kathleen)
- A Precision Lawn Care lawn mower featuring an 8 HP engine, 30-inch cutting width, 6 forward speeds, and reverse

3. "Hold a hill-climbing contest" in the stairwell with a new dune buggy (Janice)
- A Honda Pilot single-seat vehicle with a motorcycle dimension and automatic transmission

John passes the showcase.
Thomas Bids: $9000.

SHOWCASE 2 "Great Ways to Enjoy the South":

1. A trip to New Orleans (Holly), round-trip coach with a guest from L.A. for a 6-night stay at Maison Dupuy, a French Quarter Hotel featuring a tropical courtyard, pool, and spa
2. Mississippi Riverboat trip (Holly), a 7-night cruise down the Mississippi aboard a luxurious steam boat, staying in a deluxe state room with private veranda
3. New fishing boat (Janice), a Blue Water 19-foot Executive Two fishing boat featuring a molded-on fish locker, a 145 HP motor and trailer

John Bids: $12500.

Showcase bids:
|Thomas|John|
|$9000|$12500|

ARP of Thomas's Showcase: $15,278, for a difference of $6,278.
ARP of John's Showcase: $24,773, for a difference of $12,273.

Difference of:
|DUNEBUGGY|TRIPS/BOAT|
|$6278|$12273|

Thomas wins $23,839 in prizes!

Bob Barker reminds you to help control the pet population, and have your pets spayed or neutered!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 10:34:44 PM by mechamind »
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: Recap for February 15, 1991 (7915D)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 04:30:56 PM »
Well, a first recap of The Price is Right was about as hard as I expected it to be. Even with just Simple Machines, it's possible to create a recap that's easy to understand, and I'm hoping this one went well.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.