Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread  (Read 29741 times)

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2023, 09:14:21 AM »
Yesterday there was a puzzle with the word beeper. Earlier this season, college students were asked to identify a flip phone. Puzzle writers, if you’re reading this, feel free to step into this decade at any time.

I'd rather they let up on the Prize Puzzles like "A DELIGHTFUL RESORT BY THE SEA", where next year they'll change DELIGHTFUL to MAGNIFICENT and change SEA to OCEAN.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2023, 11:25:23 PM »
Tonight's Bonus Round needs no attention here. :rollold:
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2023, 11:41:09 PM »
Tonight's Bonus Round needs no attention here. :rollold:

We only had 1 out of 5 Bonus Lands won this week.   BOTH What Are You Doing Bonus Puzzles were hard as heck, including tonight's!!!!   I really cringed when tonight's team picked WHAT ARE YOU DOING over PHRASE and LIVING THINGS, and I was right to cringe because Bellamie stuck a real LANDMINE in this category.

I'm thinking we reached 75 wins in Bonus Land out of 185.   They are trying to force losses.

PHRASE just hit 34 losses this taping week.   WHAT ARE YOU DOING hit 21 losses (this is the fourth consecutive season WHAT ARE YOU DOING has more than 20 losses in one season in Bonus Land)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 10:00:10 AM by Richie »

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2023, 09:49:18 PM »
"May the floss be with you." :oldlol:

A good way to start the week, with a $100,000 win!
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2023, 09:58:38 PM »
"May the floss be with you." :oldlol:

A good way to start the week, with a $100,000 win!

I questioned Jeff's Mystery Wedge gamble.   I was bummed he picked the wrong one.   BUT!!!   Him hitting the $100,000 in Bonus Land made up for it and then some.   He picked the right category and picked smart letters.   He earned this.

We've had one too many appearances of the Raw Deal list for Bonus Land.   I mean really.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2023, 10:13:05 AM »
After the $100,000 win this week, Bonus Land just went COMPLETELY downhill.   All the puzzles the rest of this week were very hard.   I think they went completely overbudget with the wins this season.   76 victories out of 190 so far with five shows to go.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2023, 10:32:26 PM »
Well, we finished the season with a pretty normal episode, but we finished with a win

Not too much more to say, though I am guessing there will be a lot for the internet to talk about from the reruns. :P
________