Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/26/2023 (TPiR Farewell to Studio 33 Special)  (Read 5449 times)

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/26/2023 (TPiR Farewell to Studio 33 Special)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2023, 03:19:57 PM »
The way they did the pricing games for the 2nd half was exactly the same way they did them for the finale of Season 35 when Bob Barker hosted his final episode.  Even though a $1,000 wheel spinner was nice not getting it all the way around for the bonus spin was a shame.  Hopefully the new studio can continue the good luck or even bring better luck with the show.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2023, 05:25:02 PM »
The way they did the pricing games for the 2nd half was exactly the same way they did them for the finale of Season 35 when Bob Barker hosted his final episode.

No it wasn't.  They had Grocery Game in lieu of Bonus Game.  They had already done a SP pricing game in the first half (Plinko).  Which was a shame since they've done shows in daytime featuring 2 SP pricing games before
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2023, 05:26:31 PM »
I guess they were short on time, which is why neither that nor Plinko showed up .

My guess as to why they played Grand instead of Plinko is ease of displaying $33k on the monitor.  The only other casher I would of thought they would of played is Time is Money for the same reason as Grand.

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2023, 07:46:45 PM »
William clearly does not own a cat.

When Charles was called to come on down, the camera zoomed right in on where he was sitting, as if they knew it was him, and then when he didn’t get up right away, it zoomed out and started to pan. I feel like he was messing with them.

A great send-off for Studio 33. I look forward to seeing what’s new next season.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2023, 09:08:14 PM »
No it wasn't.  They had Grocery Game in lieu of Bonus Game.  They had already done a SP pricing game in the first half (Plinko).  Which was a shame since they've done shows in daytime featuring 2 SP pricing games before

You're right, it was Grocery Game.  Thanks for the notice.

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2023, 11:54:41 PM »
What a way to finish at the Bob Barker Studio! I thought there was going to be something big in the second Showcase, but they didn't really need it. They did pretty good starting with Grand Game like that (even though it was lost) and finishing with Any Number (regardless of whether Double Prices and Bonus Game had been included).

I loved the top row theming in Money Game as well. At least one of the numbers was in the car, so that was a good thing. I certainly wouldn't have complained if 51 or 72 was the back of the car.

If only that Bonus Spin went a tiny bit further, as it would've been great to finish in the studio with some extra cash. On the other hand, the last counted spin did land on the dollar even if it meant going over. :P

Here's to a great Season 52 in September!
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2023, 01:03:18 AM »
I watched the end credits on cbs.com (note to the editors: sync the clapping to the beat of the theme!). The very last shot of the episode is a behind-the-doors pan to one of the STUDIO 33 signs mounted next to the elephant door.

You can tell that place is going to be missed.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2023, 09:33:23 AM »
RIP to Studio 33.

Brian

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2023, 08:15:38 PM »
So...it's not going away, the whole complex is being updated and expanded.

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2023, 09:53:03 PM »
So...it's not going away, the whole complex is being updated and expanded.

True, but it won't matter for the show. The lease on the building has, apparently, expired. So, it looks like they'll be staying at Haven Studios permanently.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2023, 10:42:19 PM »
(note to the editors: sync the clapping to the beat of the theme!)
I noticed this too, and I can attest that during the taping of at least the superfan show, the clapping WAS on beat in studio and off beat on the tape. C'mon editors!

YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline bonkers77

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2023, 03:28:17 AM »
It's a pleasure to see all models in the same show.
Nice vintage line up, including all: SP, Grocery, $, 2 Cars and Trip.

Bye Bye Studio 33!

Offline C8

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2023, 03:02:30 PM »
Just watched this today. Not much to add. I don’t watch the show much these days but this was a special show and everyone was on for it. Drew gave a game show hosting masterclass and was absolutely on fire. The models were all into it as was an extra enthusiastic George. The contestants were having a great time and weren’t hamming it up over the top.

And maybe they use them and I don’t know because I don’t watch the show much. But I hadn’t seen it mentioned. It was so nice to have cameos from the Truck cue in Any Number and MGHS in the showcase. Took me to the good old days.

10/10 episode.