Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Season 52 Schedule Released

<< < (2/9) > >>

mrbrown2195:

--- Quote ---Now in the terrible event Bob would not make it to December 12th, as of course all of us here hope he does and more, hopefully they would have a backup plan regarding the episode in question so that it could be easily recut to a tribute show, or something along those lines.
--- End quote ---

Honestly, I think the easiest plan is, if they were to tape a tribute show or just simply reference Bob's birthday, is to tape it as close as possible to his birthday and swap the airing dates appropriately. I don't think the show wants to be in a similar position as the people that filmed a Betty White 100th birthday special last year. :lol:

TinoStar11:
The show is consistent with making that error with March Madness and the dates a lot. They have plenty of time to fix that on the schedule. How they gonna fix this error is also dependent on if they're going do another College Week.

b_masters8:

--- Quote from: mrbrown2195 on July 15, 2023, 10:27:31 AM ---Honestly, I think the easiest plan is, if they were to tape a tribute show or just simply reference Bob's birthday, is to tape it as close as possible to his birthday and swap the airing dates appropriately. I don't think the show wants to be in a similar position as the people that filmed a Betty White 100th birthday special last year. :lol:

--- End quote ---

Indeed-- I would not want a show for an upcoming centennial of Bob Barker, only to have him not physically make that centennial (they would possibly have egg on their faces if that happened).

SeaBreeze341:

--- Quote from: b_masters8 on July 15, 2023, 01:51:34 PM ---Indeed-- I would not want a show for an upcoming centennial of Bob Barker, only to have him not physically make that centennial (they would possibly have egg on their faces if that happened).

--- End quote ---

TBH & IMO, I don't know or think he'll be in attendance even if he gets to the date & into the new year / beyond

ThatDonGuy:

--- Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on July 14, 2023, 09:03:55 PM ---The Season 52 schedule is out.

- Thanksgiving break begins after November 22, 2023 (0383L) and resumes on December 4, 2023 (0391L).
- No show on January 1, 2024. (0431L doesn't exist accordingly)

--- End quote ---

Isn't having the entire week after Thanksgiving be scheduled for repeats the standard now, especially as it can be used to air episodes that were pre-empted at the last minute? There's not much need for a Cyber Monday "special" any more.

And has there ever been a new episode on 1/1? In the past, CBS had Rose Parade/Cotton Bowl coverage pre-empting it, or at least causing a repeat, but I don't remember a new episode airing on that date even after CBS stopped airing the parade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version