Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/09/2006  (Read 30533 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/09/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 06:27:05 PM »
Ez: Modestly easy........(Commenting on first two games as I got tied up with something else, didn't join til 3rd one bid)

Grand: Kinda tricky from the looks of it. Garlique was over 9.50 at one times, wasn't it?

Lucky Seven: For being so nervous, she played really good, but when she called 8, I was afraid of that. Sure enough, ZAPPPPPPP

Balance: That was tricky for sure. But 5k should have been obvious as the highest price.

Cover up: Wow, this games took awhile today. Would have been nice for it to finally come down to one number on the board and one row to win, but close enough to that anyway. Good going, at least he wasn't stupid enough to pick the 6 with the 3rd number already being a 6. A lot of dummies would have done such on this game

Swap: EZZZZZZZ...and Swap and EZ in the same show, almost unheard of.

Showcases: Heh, I duly noted the things to do when they make ya wait. I'll be looking for the car keys next time. Nah, not really! :D

And to the poster above, Bob was married to Dorothy Jo and she passed in 1981. So, in theory, he has been widowed.

Overall: Interesting show, maybe a 6.75 on the 10 scale.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 07:23:54 PM »
BobboChung wrote:

Showcases: Why, do people have to keep asking to marry Bob? For Pete's sake, he's been married for a long time!

And for Pete's sake, he's been a widower for 25 of them!

(Nevermind that IT'S A JOKE...)

br wrote:

Cover up: Wow, this games took awhile today. Would have been nice for it to finally come down to one number on the board and one row to win, but close enough to that anyway.

Actually, it doesn't matter -- the rows require (potentially, at least) more an more chances as you work your way to the right, so eliminating colums from the right side inward is perfectly solid strategy.

(Not that I'm implying there was a strategy at work today...but you know what I mean.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 09:27:43 PM »
PG #1 - Be still my beating heart... it's Sleazy once again.  :roll:  But at least they played the Half Off cue to make this game at least somewhat enjoyable for me.  Once again, Sleazy was eazy... especially for Francis, who probably played that game in record time.

PG #2 - "Big target price.  There's no way this setup can be lost today."  Well... maybe it can.  That sleep aid is a fairly new product on this show and would've tripped anybody up.  I didn't pick it, though.  I suspected that they would use the $8.99 Garlique today... and they did.

PG #3 - LUCKY SEVEN THIRD!  :-P  :-D  Diana did excellent on those second and third numbers, but this game was destined to be lost on the fourth.  Nobody would've gone for a low number again after seeing $23,5xx.

PG #4 - Yay!  Balance Game!  :-P  Fourth!  :-D  Tough call between the $4,118 and $5,118.  I went with the former as Caribbean trips have been notoriously cheap in the past.

PG #5 - Now that's how Cover Up should be played!  Intentionally blow the second number and guarantee yourself three or even four shots at the car.  It's been a while since a contestant has gone to the fourth guess.

PG #6 - SWAP MEET SIXTH!  WOW!  And with the Phone Home Game cue!  :-D  :-D  :-D  Screw the SP game--I just loved seeing Lucky 3d, Balance 4th, and Swap 6th.

My showcase bids - FRCS:  $16,779.  Car:  $24,743.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 09:28:51 PM »
Show #6401

Echo Garden Tools
OK, so I'm going back to May 1, 2006, and the price of the trip to San Francisco (5n; SW Airlines Vacations) on that show was actually $3,300.

Showcase #1
Broyhill Tropical Retreat Living Room and Hibernia Woolen Mills Carpeting - $8,000
Netflix Home Theater Package - $729
Costa 7n Eastern Mediterranean Cruise - $9,436

Showcase #2
vTech Telephones - $604.65...well, I'll round that up to $605.
Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop Computer - $1,608 (Yes, prices do vary from show to show)
Dodge Magnum - $23,599 (Car sans paint & fabric protection is $23,105.)

Modeling Report for June 9, 2006
Shane Stirling
Total - $38,250
[color=0000FF]Won - $5,992 (15.67%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $32,258 (84.33%)[/color]
Record - 4-3

Phire Dawson
Total - $18,600
[color=0000FF]Won - $4,046 (21.75%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $14,554 (78.25%)[/color]
Record - 3-2

Brandi Sherwood
Total - $57,051
[color=0000FF]Won - $51,933 (91.03%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $5,118 (8.97%)[/color]
Record - 9-1

At the end of week #365K
[color=0000FF]High - $119,007 of course! (Shane Stirling, Monday)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Low - $10,800 (Brandi Sherwood, Tuesday)[/color]

All 23 prizes today totaled $120,633, and remember, we rewind to September 27 on Monday, so get ready once again, WWL!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 09:29:01 PM »
1-2-3: While I didn't picture the stemware being so much, this was still insanely easy...

Grand Game: Usually when this is played, I go backwards: I look at the six items, figure out which two are the most expensive, then pick the remaining four. Since I was not sure about the sleep aid, I had to go the other way around - pick out the four that should be picked.. And by doing so, it was obvious to avoid the Capsazin (no brainer) and sleep aid like the plague...

D'OH!

Lucky Seven: I'm beginning to wonder if anyone will ever win this game again.. Heck, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone will ever get to the last digit again. While I would not have picked a 5 for the fourth digit, I would've gone low - not high. Ouch.

Balance Game: Trips really throw me off sometimes, but $5,118 made more sense to me than $4,118...

Cover Up: While a lengthy playing, still pretty well done.. I would've initially guessed $17,210, and with that being wrong, I would've taken the six on my second guess...

Swap Meet: Another case where I didn't think the guitar and the ship would be the same price - but it obviously wasn't the cradle, and wasn't the elliptical trainer, so the guitar was the only thing that made any sense...

Showcases: Francis went with the usual safe bid of $15,000.. I was thinking $17,500 myself.. Still, at least he didn't bid $12,000 or something insanely low like that...

But, Amanda had a heck of a bid, to my surprise.. I was thinking $27,000 myself... But, believe me, when Bob started to reveal the ARP of her showcase, I thought "Oh my, ANOTHER ONE?!"... Not quite, but still a great bid..

As far as the big deal over Amanda's shirt...

Yes, we get plenty of female contestants who want a kiss from Bob, or want to marry him. While it may sound "odd", at least Bob has been a widower for 25 years come October, so it's not all that odd...

You want a shirt that seems a bit odd (though I got a kick out of it personally)? How about the shirt I saw a woman wearing on Saturday...

I WANT A KISS MRS. RITCHIE!

Obviously, Mrs. Ritchie (nee Ms. Ciccone) IS married... Then again, it's not like marriage has kept her from kissing other women (Britney, her dancers)..

Of course, I also warned her that if the shirt worked, I was going to hunt her down and borrow it! :oops: :-P

So, a shirt proposing to a man who has been a widower for 25 years isn't so odd compared to that. Then again, what doesn't look odd compared to Esther?
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 11:16:58 PM »
Jacob Wilkey wrote: ...so get ready once again, WWL!

I asked this two weeks ago, I'll ask it again. Get ready for WHAT?

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 11:25:35 PM »
Joe Capitano wrote: I asked this two weeks ago, I'll ask it again. Get ready for WHAT?

Joe, it's the episode that was postponed from September 27 because that show has a trip to New Orleans.  You will see David Vitter on Monday.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 12:07:36 AM »
Oh, I get it now (although by a fluke, mostly) -- WWL is the New Orleans CBS affiliate.  I guess it's supposed to be funny.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 06:03:48 AM »
I understood what he meant last time, and I still don't get it.  Are we supposed to be upset, or something?

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 01:09:59 PM »
Eazy: The name says it all today.

Grand: Darn! I wanted her to win! Let's just stay awake from now on, and the sleep aid will be gone!  :-)

Lucky: 3rd???? I was going to put it on my picks, but I forgot about it when making them.  It might've landed 3rd, too, with Eazy first, and Plinko 2nd. Nah. Probably not. Eazy would have gotten 3rd.  :-)

I do give her props for not constantly saying 5. That just makes the game boring to me.

Balance Game: Go with your gut! He thought about it, but, it was not to be.

Cover: I knew he had it when it was down to the 1 and the 6. Most contestants (notice I say most) wouldn't pick two 6s in a row.

Swap: I saw this game on the slate when Noah was jumping around after Cover Up. No SP. Hmmmm....... maybe Lucky was a subsititute like Marc said.

Showcases: So close to another DSW. But, when a showcase price either ends in 251-499, or 751-999, you wouldn't normally expect a DSW out of it. Still, it has happened a lot before.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 10:30:33 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
If Lucky $even were just substituting something else, wouldn't Money Game have made more sense?  I mean, it is the all-purpose car replacement game, right?  And it hadn't even been played yet this week, right?

Not for $23,72x.  Roger is not you...he'd have a harder time with making the back two numbers look like a choice for the front two.  :-P
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 10:43:41 PM »
Besides, why would a game need to be substituted for Money Game?  According to the FAQ, it's usually the reverse--MG is the substitute when other games break down, since MG doesn't have any electronics or moving parts.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 11:06:13 PM »
You misunderstood me, Britey.  I didn't say that maybe Money Game was replace:  I asked why they wouldn't have replaced whatever game it was with Money Game.

And strangely-absent-lately Army, there is precedent for Roger to use a choice for the first two numbers to be the last two numbers.  He's done it before, even in recent seasons.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 12:27:02 AM »
For some reason, Money Game and/or Cover Up just doesn't seem right being played for $23,000 cars.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 01:41:06 PM »
LiteBulb88 wrote:

Besides, why would a game need to be substituted for Money Game?  According to the FAQ, it's usually the reverse--MG is the substitute when other games break down, since MG doesn't have any electronics or moving parts.

Marc's theory in chat was that Lucky $even might have been subbed in to replace something easier.

(Of course, I'd like to believe he did it intentionally. )