Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/09/2006  (Read 30525 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/09/2006
« on: June 09, 2006, 01:55:34 PM »
Production #3645K - Taped June 5, 2006 (Late)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: mixed
Handoff: Shane

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Chetta B

1  Trip to Sequoia National Park (via Fresno; 6n @ Wuksachi)(B)
2-ELOISE 1000   3-DIANA 825   4-FRANCIS *2000   1-AMANDA 1200   ($2318)

Francis from Manila, Philippines plays EAZY AZ 123

(3) DK Books (B)                            $ 630
(2) Rosenthal Estelle Crystal Stemware (P)   1680
(1) Yamaha TTR125LT Offroad Motorcycle (S)   2567   WIN!

2  Bull Texan BBQ Cart/Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce (S)
+Eloise *1300   +Diana 1876   BRIAN 1875   +Amanda 800   ($1603)

Eloise from Eastman, GA plays GRAND GAME (Target: $9.50) for some summertime sustinance...

(4) Hot Pockets (2 pk)        $ 2,49  $10
(5) Tums Smoothies (60)         3.99   100
(6) Midnite Sleep Aid (30)      9.95   LOSS

(1) Capsazin P                 12.99
(2) Space Bag (Large)           5.95
(3) Garlique Supplement (30)    8.99

3  Ashley Casa Molina China Cabinet/Selsun Salon (P)
JOHN 1199   +Diana 1225   Brian 1625   +Amanda 1626   OVERBID
      895          *900          775              1   ($1027)

Diana plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Dodge Charger (Std., BLkHtr. Prot)(S)

Picks:     3 7 8
Price:  $2 3 7 2 -
Bucks:   7 7 5 0    LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,067   Diana     40 + 65   OV
 1,743   Eloise    40 +100   OV
 7,195   Francis   40       .40   Through to Showcase Round by Default

4  Comfort Spa-In-A-Box/Gold Bond Powder (B)
John 1801   NOAH 725   Brian *1350   +Amanda "18"   ($1499)

Brian plays BALANCE GAME '06 for a trip to Bermuda (cheapcaribbean.com; 6n @
Wyndham)(B&P)

[3000][1000][ 118]   [2000]
      [5118]          LOSS

5  Echo Pro Power Equipment/Tidy Cats Scoop (S)
John 795   Noah *800   CAROL 695   +Amanda 500   ($943)

Noah plays COVER UP for a Ford Focus ZX4SE (Std., AT, Conv., Sports, Moulding,
AirBag, ALB, ALarm)(B)

Setup   4    1st Try   [1] 4  7  9

6 2    2nd Try   [1][7] 2  5

7 9 6    3rd Try   [1][7][6] 8

0 6 1 0    4th Try   [1][7][6][1][0]   WIN!
 1 7 0 5 3
3 4 2 8 1
$2 2 3 4 5

Amanda still stands in the Row, still not able to find her way next to Barker. This is
her last shot, and it had better be a good one for banishment to the "First Four"
Breakfast Club awaits if it's not...

6  Murray Feiss Casbah Chandelier (from above)
John 1202   NANCY 1100   Carol 1201   +Amanda *1500   ($1600)

Amanda escapes! She goes to a SWAP MEET

handcraftedmodelships.com USS Constitution Model Ship (S)  $ 799
(2) Dean Palimino Electric Guitar                            799   WIN!

(1) Corsican Magic Garden Cradle                            3225 (Not Revealed)
(3) Horizon EX33 Elliptical Trainer                         1299 (Not Revealed)

SHOWDOWN #2
$ 1,499   Brian    45 + 90    OV
  7,722   Amanda   80 stay   .80   Through to Showcase Round
 18,593   Noah     35 +  5   .40

SHOWCASE ROUND
Amanda has the honor.

SC1-Francis   Broyhill Trpoical Living Room Group
BID   $15,000   Hibernia Carpeting
PRICE    18,165   Netflix Home Theater Package (S)
DIFF    -3,165   Costa 7n Eastern Mediterranean Cruise (via Venice)(P)

SC2-Amanda   WHAT YOU SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO IF THE DOCTOR KEEPS YOU WAITING (B)
BID   $25,000   vTech Telephones
PRICE    25,812   (Dell) Inspiron 9300 Laptop Computer
DIFF      -812   Dodge Magnum (Std., Prot)
TOTAL   $33,534   

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $63,631

...and then there were twelve.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/09/2006
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 01:57:09 PM »
Friday, June 9, 2006

Bidding Round #1- #232, Amanda! :-D Those bids were absolutely pathetic, though. Wow.

Easy As 1-2-3- That 1898 thing from Bob was hilarious. He was so deadpan about it, too.

Grand Game- Ouch. That was a painful loss, even if it didn't come down to the last item. I really wanted Eloise to win.

Showcase Showdown #1- See... the Big Wheel is not only evil to my hotties, but also the best contestants, too. Ugh.

Balance Game- Sorry, but Brian deserved that. Just another example of why you should never listen to the audience. Had he gone with his own instinct, he would be going to Bermuda this summer.

Cover Up- Pretty exciting finish. Noah played it well, but I don't think he meant to do it that way, haha.

Showcase- Not as good as yesterday's Showcase bids, but still pretty darn good.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Eloise.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- The contestants lit this show up. I can't say it's a Show of the Year candidate, but it was still a great show... Grade: 4

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 02:15:45 PM »
I was expecting Bonus Game or Secret X sixth, but my jaw dropped when I seen the prize, I knew it was Swap Meet.  That came out of nowhere, especially since they played Eazy as 1-2-3 first.  

But why the hell were the prices not revealed for the Cradle and Trainer?  Pitiful!

Grand Game:  I believe the $9.50 is the highest target price ever in this game.  I have a feeling next season will have a $10.00+ target price.  Tough loss because Eloise was a great contestant.  I knew once she picked the Sleep-aid, she was doomed.

Cover Up:  That's the way the game should be played, even though Noah wasn't intentionally using the Cover Up Strategy.

Showcases:  My heart nearly stopped when Bob announced the price of Amanda's showcaes.  I thought we had yet another DSW when he twenty-five thousand.  Not a huge dissapointment for no DSW though.

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 02:27:57 PM »
Easy as 1-2-3 was easy as pie.

Grand Game was really DIFFICULT today---I knew the Space Bag, the Tums, and the Hot Pockets were three of the 4.  The target price was high today--$9.50.  I knew the Capsasin was over $10.00 in value so I knew it was a loss.  The Garlique and the sleep aid were the tossups.  Evidently Roger wanted it lost today, I felt bad for Eloise losing the game today.  The sleep aid was also my pick as well, but we were BOTH wrong.

Lucky Seven THIRD??? Weird.  The fourth number killed the contestant.  One question: was that car used before on a previous show?

Balance Game: I had a hunch that the Bermuda trip was $5,000.  Brian had that same hunch too, but he should NOT have listened to the audience on this one.

Cover Up: Exciting win in my honest opinion.

Swap Meet: Pretty easy as well.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 02:28:51 PM »
Eazy az 123: What gets to me is contestants like Francis who want Bob to pick them out and do not know how the play the game presented to them. Anyways, I wish Shopping Spree yesterday was played like this.

Grand Game: That Midnite Sleep Aid is now making me think about products like Lunesta that may cost over $9.50 in price. Basically what I'm saying is picking the Midnite was a bad choice.

Lucky Seven: Picking those high numbers was very gutsy. I wanted Diana to pick 5 sometime. Ooooh.

Balance Game: Something wanted me to make it 5118; 4118 just doesn't feel right, even if it's from cheapcarribean.com. My eyes might be off, but I think I see 5 digits on the readout now.

Cover Up: I was ironing my shirt. I missed the first three tries on purpose. I had a feeling Noah was wrong with that other 1 in the infamous 4th postion.  :-x Evil to me.

Swap Meet: Now Amanda can play this simple game (simple today) to relieve all that pressure from escaping and before the wedding.

I guess Amanda got some more presents from the Showcase to add to the registered gifts for her wedding (if any).
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline jdhernandez

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 02:30:18 PM »
Goodness, I just had fun watching this episode as a whole. I was sad to see my favorite game, Grand Game, lost... but the contestants seemed like they were just having a blast, and that is what makes the show.

I still love the cute sound effects for Balance Game, and I thought the trip was $4,118 since the trip's sponsor was cheapcaribbean.com CHEAP Caribbean. Not that cheap, apparently. :-p

That Cover Up game was classic. I don't think he meant to go 4 turns and win this game the right way, but I did notice that he purposely put in a wrong number on the first try that indicated to me that he knew... SOME strategy. SOME strategy is better than no strategy on Cover Up. I was really rooting for him, and his reaction was great! I hope other contestants take note of this playing, because THAT is how you play Cover Up. =)

Overall, this was a great show that brought a smile to my face. Now I'm not so pissed off at the people who woke me up early on a Friday after I just finished school. =D

Offline Gatorman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 02:38:51 PM »
TheWhammy_2000: You do. There are now five digits on the Balance Game display.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »
Well, as if we didn't know this already, Roger's gone insane.  I wasn't too shocked by the lack of Plinko...but between Cover Up showing instead of Money Game and Lucky $even actually getting played third, I honestly don't what was more surprising.  This was one of those days where the lineup was so awesome, you almost didn't care that there was no small prize game.

There is no way I would have won Eazy az 1 2 3.  I'd never have figured that stemware would be so high.  I guess Roger just didn't want to give away any books this week.

Lucky $even...holy crap.  That was incredible.  That's the first time the game's been played later than second on a daytime show since Season 27!  It's a shame it was lost, too, because Diana was actually playing it pretty well.

Cover Up was beautiful.  It's so nice to see somebody actually get a whole bunch of chances.

Honest to God, I thought for a moment that we were going to have back-to-back Double Showcase Wins again.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 02:48:09 PM »
I missed most of the second half of the show, but I will say I would have liked to see Eloise win, She looked like she had potential for a classic winner's overreaction. That was a tough setup for Grand Game though, in spite of the high target price.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 02:56:15 PM »
See Steve's comments.  He sums it up for me pretty much, but anyway . . .

Whatta great show.  Totally dedicated to all FPG Players without a doubt.

Swap last?  L7 3rd?  A THIRD PLINKOLESS WEEK?

Totally awesome.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »
Marc mentioned his hunch that Lucky $even was a substitute game, but the only logical choices would be Pathfinder and Pocket Change.  There's a small case for HI1 since it was on loan, but that's highly doubtful.

I think Diana saw the car before.  I wonder if she thought it was $23,789....

Eazy was simpler for me.  Stemware typically runs around the 1,000 mark (this would've made me nervous), and I remembered the books were cheap.

Cover Up was surprisingly awesome.

The spectacular Showcase bids continue.  We seem to have streaks of these.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 04:14:27 PM »
Today's show was very good.

It was awesome to see Lucky $even being played in a slot other than third for the first time in about seven years!

I don't think Noah knew about the strategy in Cover Up, but he played it very well, nevertheless.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 04:23:31 PM »
Really too bad Eloise lost Grand Game.  Just from her reaction before the prize was announced... you just know it would've been really cool for her to win it.  Also a shame she couldn't get into the showcase, either.

If Lucky $even were just substituting something else, wouldn't Money Game have made more sense?  I mean, it is the all-purpose car replacement game, right?  And it hadn't even been played yet this week, right?

Anyway, who cares!  Great to see Lucky $even played third in forever... I don't think it's actually been played third since Season 26!

I like the theme to the second showcase.  Kinda' unfair how they expect you to be on time, yet they can make you wait however long they please

SteveGavazzi wrote:  This was one of those days where the lineup was so awesome, you almost didn't care that there was no small prize game.

Almost.  Swap Meet could've gone elsewhere .

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 04:56:07 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Swap Meet).

Eazy az 1-2-3 -- 2:03
Grand Game -- 2:59
Lucky $even -- 1:20
Balance Game -- 2:36
Cover Up -- 3:54
Swap Meet -- 1:48

A couple of quick questions:

Is the car for Lucky $even already sitting there, off-stage by Door #1 before the show even begins, or is it moved into place during breaks (if it's not the first game).

I've also heard that the turntable must be moved slightly before the rolling-out of the car.  Is this done beforehand also, or is it randomly moved during a break with the audience thinking that the set is falling apart?

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 05:58:58 PM »
Easy as 1-2-3: Not as easy as you might think, considering that some books were $1,000+ the other day.

Grand Game: I knew the Capazin was more expensive than the target price, so the other one that was more was either the Garlique or the Sleep Aid. Sadly, Eloise picked the wrong one.

Lucky Seven: I was shocked to see this third. How long has it been since Lucky Seven was played third or later in daytime? Too bad the player's guesses didn't work out.
She never would have won ($23,529).

Balance Game: I didn't know if Bermuda was as cheap as Mexican trips. I got my answer today. My question to you all: do you think this will be played for a car by the end of the season?

Cover Up: What's going on here with this? This is, I believe, the third time in a row this game has been won, with a price with a second 1 in it. Noah had one of the best playings this season, IMO.

Swap Meet: Pretty easy.

Showcases: Why, do people have to keep asking to marry Bob? For Pete's sake, he's been married for a long time! Forget it! Anyway, I was surprised the first one was cheap, considering a Mediterannean cruise was in it. Figuring out the second showcase was easy, as Amanda found out.  

Overall: Well, that was one interesting show, I'll tell you that.