Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/09/2006  (Read 30531 times)

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/09/2006
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 09:55:01 AM »
Easy as 1-2-3: How easy can you get?

Grand Game: I had trouble when I first looked at the products.  Then once the game officially started, I knew the pain reliver and sleep aid were the "landmine" products.

Lucky 7: 3rd?!?!?  AMAZING!  Playing wise: I thought Linda had it all.

Cover Up-Well played by Noah.

Swap Meet: 6th?!?!  OMG!  Playing wise: I knew the guitars were the same price as the minitature boat.

Showcases: Amanda's bid was surprisingly good, considering how evil the Magnums are.

Overall: A pretty fun show as we head down the straightaway.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 10:14:14 AM »
shellgame69 wrote:

Easy as 1-2-3: How easy can you get?

You have to be kidding.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 11:36:02 AM »
All right, Steve, I went with the majority (which I always do) and misjudged the fact that the books could run in the $1000 range. :oops: I seem to be mixed up sometimes. :-?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 12:17:36 PM »
jhc2010 wrote:
Is the car for Lucky $even already sitting there, off-stage by Door #1 before the show even begins, or is it moved into place during breaks (if it's not the first game).

It's already sitting offstage before the taping begins, which is why it's hard to play the game late in the show -- because the car is in the way, they can't move any One Bid prizes or game props through that space, which limits their options.

jhc2010 wrote:
I've also heard that the turntable must be moved slightly before the rolling-out of the car.  Is this done beforehand also, or is it randomly moved during a break with the audience thinking that the set is falling apart?

I think it depends on whether they need the turntable or door number one for anything before Lucky $even is played. I know I've seen times when the game was second where the turntable was already moved at the start of the show. Did anyone notice whether it was already in place at the beginning of this episode?

And by the way, Lucky $even third was completely intentional. Surprise!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.