Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/07/2007  (Read 24408 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/07/2007
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 11:21:39 PM »
Make Your Move was agonizing. Imagine being me and Willy in studio, trying desperately to help the guy, but he doesn't even look our way and takes like an hour to finish.

Ah yes, the big moment in Let 'em Roll. I knew everyone in chat would enjoy it when I saw it. It was pretty cool to see that happen.

My mom actually beat me and Willy in Squeeze Play. How embarrassing. :lol:

Now it can be told that I didn't get called, but now it can also be told why I was still a winner that day. During the break between the sixth pricing game and the second Showcase Showdown, knowing that it was my last chance to do so, I asked Bob if I could go up and meet him. There wasn't much time left in the break, so I didn't know if he'd let me. But he did. So I run down the aisle, go up the stairs, and shake the hand of the man himself. I gave him a hug after that, and then he looked at my shirt and said, "you're a North Carolina Tar Heel, huh?" I told him that I was indeed, and then went back to my seat, knowing that right then and there, my trip had just been made complete. Once that happened, I had no regrets about not being called. Honestly, that's the only major reason I was really hoping to get called- to meet Bob. Other than that, I wasn't in a rush to get called or anything, because there will always be lots more chances with the new host. All I really wanted this time around was to meet Bob. Mission accomplished. :-D

By the way... after the taping, I hugged three of the hotties and congratulated them. As if I needed anything else to make the day better!

HOTTIES: #297, Rachael; #298, Katie; #299, Randi; #300, Jennifer; #301, Kelley :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Tough choice, but I'll give it to Jennifer
SHOW GRADE: 3

Heh.  It's almost like Stan and Co. knew that Heelsrule was in the crowd... ;)

It's one thing to see a show like this from here at home. It's another to actually witness it in person. Totally a Heels semi-memorial show. :-)

Make Your Move - Good job!:-)

Taking over a minute to make a decision is considered a "good job" by you? Granted, he won, but I wouldn't say it was a good playing. Also, if all you have is two or three words for each game, perhaps you should rethink posting in recap threads.

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 11:25:57 PM »
meeting bob was the biggest memorable part of your trip, wasn't it, heels?  made you feel like you won the million dollars on a million dollar spectactular, i bet.

way to go!  

later, dudes!

tpir4ever76 :hammer:
I love the Drew Carey Laugh!  :lol: :hammer:

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 11:29:58 PM »
I just wish it could have been on camera, because honestly, it's still kind of a blur to me. I remember the main stuff, but it's amazing how much I've forgotten from that moment. Did I say a few other words to Bob? Did he say a few other words to me? Was the audience clapping? Man, you really do lose your focus when things like that happen to you.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 11:39:32 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6725

Hotties besides bidding rounds
Here's some more screenshots: Rachel, Katie, Randi, Jennifer, and Kelley :P

Showcase #1: How to Tell if you Have a Smart Cat
Zojirushi Small Appliances - $669
Trip to Rome - $4,980
West Wight Potter 19' Sailboat - $17,220

Showcase #2
Broyhill American Dining Room Group - $5,000
Noritake Aria Dinnerware - $1,836
Shari's Berries - $1,000
Beachcomber Hot Tub - $9,995

Modeling Report Card for June 7, 2007
Score to beat:  $83,443

Rachel's prize count:  2,964 - She is 36 prizes away from prize #3,000.

You wish you had $107,403, which is the total for 27 prizes and 3 GPs.

Offline woohookitty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 12:19:35 AM »
Dang it! :) i thought we had a genuine first. :)

Offline DanaDuffy

• Outside in Line
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 12:34:51 AM »
I knew your secret Heels. =) I was happy for you. You seemed petrified and ecstatic at the same time. My friend asked Bob if he had a myspace page. I'm still laughing at his "Myspace?"  Stage person chimes in "Myspace is an internet website." Bob-"I am computer illiterate. I will die knowing nothing about the internet." My friend seemed happy that she did not have to compete with the "real" Bob Barker online (she manages a profile for him), but maybe a twinge disappointed that he did not know that hers existed.
Katie turned 18 while she was in line. I'm glad she won it.
Jennifer and I had spent some time together outside waiting to be interviewed. Her dad had been on the show awhile back, and had won the showcase. We had a discussion about the "shout-outs" that people do when they are spinning the wheel. I am VERY much against them 98% of the time. She had hers all mapped out. She did not do it (as did NONE of the contestants this episode), and I like to think that at least in Jennifer's case, I played small part in that. =)
If I have posted this in the wrong area, please forgive me, and move it to where it belongs. I just felt it was a 'recap' of the day. =)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 01:25:22 AM »
Dana, you're fine. Your experiences related to this episode can be posted here, as others will do for the intervening days' Recaps.

And I fully agree on the "shoutouts". You did a good thing, especially if Jen was going to point out her peeps in the gallery. I really hate that.

And they never look into the downrange camera when they do them, either.

Enough.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 04:17:11 PM »
Joe_Capitano wrote:
And they never look into the downrange camera when they do them, either.

Which is understandable, actually. The camera that shoots the close-up of the contestant is way over at stage left (the left-most of the four cameras). Logic dictates that if you're going to say hi to people, you'd look in the general direction of where people are (i.e., the audience). But in order to do a shoutout directly to the camera, you'd have to break your focus on where the audience is and look way over toward door number three. And unless you've had prior experience in television, you're not going to be looking for the camera with the red light illuminated.

I'm still waiting for the day when a contestant goes completely over the top and pulls out a paper list of people to say hello to, Academy Awards-style.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline TK416

• Outside in Line
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 07:27:39 PM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:
it's still kind of a blur to me. I remember the main stuff, but it's amazing how much I've forgotten from that moment.

I got the same feeling being on stage; it was like it all happened in about 30 seconds. I had to wait 1 month between the show taping and the airdate to see what I really did up there, there were actually parts of it I didn't remember.  You just get get caught up in the moment.

Heels, I'm glad you got to meet Bob and had your dream TPiR trip; that's a memory I'm sure you'll always have.  It was cool that you got to get some sightseeing in there too :-)

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 02:07:37 AM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:
Now it can be told that I didn't get called, but now it can also be told why I was still a winner that day. During the break between the sixth pricing game and the second Showcase Showdown, knowing that it was my last chance to do so, I asked Bob if I could go up and meet him. There wasn't much time left in the break, so I didn't know if he'd let me. But he did. So I run down the aisle, go up the stairs, and shake the hand of the man himself. I gave him a hug after that, and then he looked at my shirt and said, "you're a North Carolina Tar Heel, huh?" I told him that I was indeed, and then went back to my seat, knowing that right then and there, my trip had just been made complete. Once that happened, I had no regrets about not being called. Honestly, that's the only major reason I was really hoping to get called- to meet Bob. Other than that, I wasn't in a rush to get called or anything, because there will always be lots more chances with the new host. All I really wanted this time around was to meet Bob. Mission accomplished. :-D

Awesome! I kept wondering how you walked out feeling like a winner. And you know what? You most certainly were a winner! :-D

I felt the same way about my seven tapings. I wanted to impress Stan - not to win a car, or $50,000 (hah) or even a refrigerator. I wanted to meet Bob. Getting into Contestant's Row, then from there to the stage was always about a means to an end - the goal of meeting Bob.

Heck, there were times I was almost even tempted to blurt out in the interview "PICK ME, STAN! I'm not going to take your prizes! I'll forfeit them! I just wanna meet Bob!"

Then, of course, that heartbreaking ending took place on May 17/25, Bob took that walk down the aisle, and I finally "won the prize" I wanted since 1979.

Had I gone to the taping on Wednesday, the pressure would've been off. I would've gone and watched, and been thrilled if I got summoned down to Contestant's Row. But the worries of "I gotta meet Bob before he retires!" were laid to rest, and that would've no longer been eating at me.

I am glad to know I'm not the only one who felt that way about trying to become a contestant. But, even better, I am glad you too got to walk out of Mecca as a winner!

The best part is in your case, it didn't involve a painful DOB.

By the way... after the taping, I hugged three of the hotties and congratulated them. As if I needed anything else to make the day better!

It's fun to shake hands with contestants. I've had my share of high-fives, one bearhug (Nicholas on the episode that aired March 1), and of course got to congratulate the two biggest winners I've seen in person (Jeanette of the Corvette Showcase, and CBS co-owner Vickyann :oldlol:).

But I'm sure you particularly enjoyed hugging those Hotties. :-D

Heh.  It's almost like Stan and Co. knew that Heelsrule was in the crowd... ;)

It's one thing to see a show like this from here at home. It's another to actually witness it in person. Totally a Heels semi-memorial show. :-)[/quote]

There were a few tapings where it seemed like they knew I was in the studio, because they were blasting Madge as we walked into the studio.

Never underestimate the power of Madonna to get people fired up... Especially me. :P
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007, 05:49:21 PM »
1/2 OFF: OWWWIIIEEEE!!!! :-(

is it just me or did those LH's sound a bit different?

LET EM ROLL: very impressive......i actually sat there all wide eyed open mouthed (was smiling too)
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »
Half Off: Darn there goes the winning streak.  I would have said 3 as well.

MYM: That took forever, and it was such a simple setup.

LeR: WOW!  VERY likely the last time we see a pefect roll in June.

BBB: I fell for that Piano seeing how shiny it was.

SC1: Only $23,000?  I thought $30,000 was better, seeing how most European trips are usually $8000.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 07:24:16 PM »
1/2 Off: So much for the winning streak.

MYM: Very nice.

Roll: Those dice were so good that day. Impressive.

BBB, Squeeze, Cover: Too bad.

Showcases: Nothing out of the ordinary.

A 2-star show.