Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

Someone on Reddit linked to a 2008 Golden Road thread

(1/2) > >>

COINBOYNYC:
There may be no Rule 6 in Monty Python's "Bruces Philosophers" sketch, but there is one here, and it goes something like this: "Do not resurrect threads that have not had a reply in more than 30 days."

So I found it amusing that someone in the Reddit group r/ThePriceIsRight responded to a question asking "who was the first contestant to bid $1 and which episode it was" with a link to a 2008 Golden Road thread, "First "ONE DOLLAR" bid," whose last post was dated 2/9/08.

Link to the topic on Reddit

Link to the specific post in the thread that links back to here

GRWHAMMY the 2nd:
i mean, they probably had a response in the reddit thread, not the GR one (thus not bumping the thread on here)

blozier2006:
Seeing this has me curious... in the 15 years since that original thread, have we found an example predating 1771D?

COINBOYNYC:

--- Quote from: GRWHAMMY the 2nd on August 11, 2023, 01:51:51 PM ---i mean, they probably had a response in the reddit thread, not the GR one (thus not bumping the thread on here)
--- End quote ---

I just found it unusual that someone would link to a forum's 15-year-old thread - any forum, not specifically Golden Road.  The fact that there's a 'no bumping old threads' rule here makes the link to Golden Road even more unusual.

Of course, old threads can still have research value... the discussion on what it's like to attend TPIR tapings in the new studios will be a perfect example years from now.

--- Quote from: blozier2006 on August 11, 2023, 02:13:58 PM ---Seeing this has me curious... in the 15 years since that original thread, have we found an example predating 1771D?
--- End quote ---

Would the discovery of an earlier example be a legitimate reason to bump that thread?

Prizes:
Yes, it would! If you have new information about a dead topic, you can absolutely bump it. Arguably though, it's better if you don't for the sake of the forum specifically since new threads create more indexing, which leads to more traffic and hits on search engines. Wouldn't discourage you if you did so though.

I seem to recall quite a few years back we had a 10-year-old thread bumped about the longest, most unusual names to be called down. The bumping post had a lot of good new information, which was perfectly legitimate bump, as a prior such example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version