Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2007  (Read 29284 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2007
« on: June 08, 2007, 02:44:42 PM »

Production #4025K - Taped May 31, 2007

Bob: audience entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Jovani

1   2 Swiss Bikeboards (G)

BRITTANY 650
ADAM 999
LINDSAY 750
SHANEIKA *1050
($1956)

Shaneika plays 3 STRIKES for a Cadillac CTS (Std., V6, AT, Prot)(R)

Numbers: 1 2 3 4 6

1.(4)5th*$– – – – 4
2.(1)2ndNO
3.(X)STRIKE ONE!
4.(2)1stNO
5.(3)1st*$3 – – – 4
6.(4)4thNO
7.(X)STRIKE TWO!!
8.(X)STRIKE THREE!!! YER OUT!!!   ($36,214)   LOSS

2   Nikko R/C Vehicles/Gold Bond Powder (R)

+Briitany 500
+Adam 700
+Lindsay *701
RETHA 625
($770)

Lindsay, a student at South Dakota, plays RACE GAME

1st
Ivanko Chrome Dumbells1063
Oak Bar Set3699
Replogle Statesman Illuminated Globe2800
Bull Texan BBQ Grill1603
RIGHT[4]
TIME LEFT:31WIN!

No Exacta here. Lindsay got a little help from a small mishap - the price of the dumbbells was inadvertently revealed.

3   Largo Pina Colada Dining Group/MidNite Sleep Aid (L)

+Brittany 1731
+Adam *1
GREGG 1002
Retha 1730
($899)

Adam plays RANGE GAME for a Cedrus Infrared Sauna (G)

Scale:$5800-6400
Range:$6001-6151
Price:$5995   PAINFUL LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$939Adam55 + 70OV
1,956Shaneika50 + 20.70
7,879Lindsay85 stay.85Through to Showcase Round

4   Frankoma Green Creek Dinnerware/Ultra Downy (G)

+Brittany 801
CRAIG 799
Gregg *630
Retha 800
($717)

Gregg, a laid-back Beach Bum from outside San Diego, CA, plays ONE WRONG PRICE

Palm Springs (6n @ Zoso)(R)$5176$5176LOSS
Carmel, CA (6n)(L)4118
San Diego (6n @ Marriott)(G)28904261

5   (Yard-Man) 20HP Riding Lawn Mower/Mederma (R)

+Brittany 1585
Craig 2000
SYLVIA 1700
Retha 1875
OVERBID
($1450)

Craig plays ONE AWAY for a Pontiac G6 (Std., BlkHtr, Pref, Prot)(G)

Setup1st Try2nd TryPrice
2 0 3 1 71 4    82 84    8
3 1 4 2 82 2 5 1 92 0 5 3 92 0 5 1 7
4 2 5 3 93      23 1 43 1    2
3 RIGHTLOSS

Oh, Brittany, what are we going to do with you? There's banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club, and then there's freedom. Whihc one are you taking? Use your last bid advantage wisely...

6   Freestyle Audio MP3 Players (G&L)
+Brittany 611
RACHEL 525
Sylvia 610
Retha *420
($510)

Brittany heads off to the clubhouse while Retha plays PICK A PAIR for a Ragtime West Player Piano (R)($7500)

(2) Clorox Bleach (gallon)$1.99
(4) (Uncle Ben's) Instant Brown Rice1.99WIN!

(1) Senokot S (10)
(3) Glade Plug-Ins
(5) Mylanta Ultimate Strength
(6) OxiClean Cleaner

SHOWDOWN #2
$759Gregg95 stay.95
1,490Craig70 + 90OVThrough to Showcase Round
8,010Retha20 + 25.45

SHOWCASE ROUND

Rita has the honor.

SC1-Gregg

Broyhill Living Room Group
Carpet One Carpeting
(Toshiba) 42" Plasma HDTV (L)
Kawasaki STX12F Jet Ski (R)
BID$16,211
PRICE18,226
DIFF–2,015
TOTAL18,983

SC2-Lindsay

FIONA THE FIREFIGHTER (G)
Stainless Range, Fridge & Dishwasher
Peavey Messenger PA System (R)
Chevy Cobalt LS (Std., Prot)(L)
BID$19,999
PRICE17,681
DIFFOVER

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6

Total Winnings: $39,257

...and then, there were four shows until Barker's Final Bow

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2007
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 02:53:42 PM »
Race Game:  OOPS!  Someone, I guess, parked the prize platform a lil' too close to the curtain. :lol:  Nice win, though!

Range Game: Owwwwwwwwwwww.......six bucks.

One Wrong Price:  Is this the 1st time all 3 trips were the same state in *any* game?  Weird.  Sadly, TPIR isn't paying his way back home. :lol:

Pick-a-Pair:  Very easy.  A bunch of us in chat were shouting rice and bleach.

Overall:  Despite the painful loss in Range Game, a good show.

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 03:00:03 PM »
When was the last time that they have played 3 strikes?  Seems like it's been awhile.  Also, I didn't realize that Bob made an audience entrance for this game.  Ya learn something new everyday :)

Also, this might be a dumb question, but when Bob does make his entrance through the audience, does he use the same door that audience members use to enter/exit?  How does he get to this door w/o being seen by anyone?

Offline baymonster

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »
I only got to see the front half due to priorities involving a major horse race tomorrow...

3 Strikes: About time this game resurfaced, but bad luck for her.

Race Game: It serves the production crew right, but this was a pretty easy setup anyway.

Range Game: OUCH!

One WRONG Price: Ooh, it's for trips, so it just had to be hard!

One Away: forced loss!

Pick-a-Pair: pretty easy.

SC's: They've been tightroping these bids ever since that recent DSW...I think that second showcase shouldn't be that cheap!

Happy weekend!

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 03:08:27 PM »
Great show today!

Race Game: oops, the race game curtain knocked over one of the price stands!

OWP: I find it interesting how they had three trips within the State of California - and ALL of them were more than $4000!

mlh1981 wrote:
When was the last time that they have played 3 strikes? Seems like it's been awhile. Also, I didn't realize that Bob made an audience entrance for this game. Ya learn something new everyday

If my notes are correct, it was last played on February 12 - almost 4 months ago!

An audience entrance for Bob is necessary for any game that is played on the stage and it blocks door #2 - such as Plinko, Golden Road, and I believe once this year they played One Away first.

mlh1981 wrote:
Also, this might be a dumb question, but when Bob does make his entrance through the audience, does he use the same door that audience members use to enter/exit? How does he get to this door w/o being seen by anyone?

Since you've been to the show - remember where the replica of The Bob Barker Studio plaque was? Right across from that is a red curtain directly across from it that can take you backstage to where the producer's table is - that's where Bob goes right before the show starts.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 03:52:46 PM »
I'm surprised she went with 4 for the last number first, and got it. Obviously, besides knowing maybe the first two numbers (which she didn't), most of that was luck.....and $20,000 for a Cadillac??? I don't think so...

Was the price that was revealed early shown on camera? I never saw it happen, and didn't realize what Bob was talking about (with the whole "this one should be easy" until I saw it...

Range: Ouch....That'll take at least 37 hours to recover from...

OWP: I had this right, but it was a complete guess...better find a new way home! :-P

Overall, a decent show...

Offline VegansLoveBob

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 04:02:28 PM »
Aww so sad, Brittany doesn't make it, it's ok though, I got awesome prizes, and I got to kiss Bob during the commercial! You missed the part where they say .........Brittany Sartor, come on down, you are the first four contestants on the Price Is Right! I had to come here to see my name writen! HEHE :) How exciting!

At least Bob didn't point out that I never bid right. I'm glad you noticed though.

[color=FF0000]MOD NOTE: Consecutive posts merged and proofread, and you can expect that golden swirly thing of ours shortly. - JC[/color]

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 04:07:02 PM »
FINALLY, 3 Strikes is played after a much overdue break! :-D :o Too Bad Shaneika lost.

I was laughing when I saw the price tag drop in Race Game. I think they need to move the prize displays a little further back so this won't happen again, but I don't think that has ever happened before.

Today was a day for firsts in One Wrong Price and if I'm right (and I might not be) but I have to agree with Robert that there have never been 3 trips offered to different parts of California in the same game, let alone the same show. Is this the first time that One Wrong Price ever offered 3 trips?

Adam was soooo close in Range Game.

I don't think Roger wanted One Away won today. The price just seemed a little odd. Maybe he thought 3 Strikes would be won.

I really thought that Grand Game was going to be played today. It always seems that Grand Game pops up when either Golden Road or 3 Strikes gets played. I was kind of expecting it.

The Cobalt strikes again!

Gabi makes one hell of a fire fighter!! :-D

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 04:15:55 PM »
I woke up at 10:20 this morning, but I did manage to think of another "historical moment" during One Wrong Price.  Isn't this the first time that a contestant, who lives in California, was offered three trips to places IN Calfornia?  That's pretty amazing in my book!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 04:25:35 PM »
Boy, that was an ordeal. We had to wait 37 hours to finish taping this episode because the rangefinder started its way up the scale before the prize was shown. I know it looked like the rangefinder was quickly reset to its starting position, but that was just a video trick -- they reversed the video in that corner of the screen so it looked like it was going back down and everything was fine. In reality, after Bob made the joke about making the game more difficult, tape was stopped and everybody had no choice but to go home for the day. The next day, we came back, shot the episode that will air on June 11 at its regular taping time, dismissed that audience, waited another few hours, brought the Wednesday audience back in, and we were finally able to finish taping this episode at 4:00 in the morning!

What, you don't believe me?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 04:29:09 PM »
3 Strikes: With those numbers, you might as well have played Dice Game. I'll bet there were some groans when Shaneika said 2 as the first number. Maybe back in the 1980s, but not in 2007.

Race Game: When the $1063 was shown, I was feeling a little impatient as to what would happen after the prizes were described. Let's just say Lindsay got a head start, not that she needs it anyway.

Range Game: Not knowing what the prize is can really make it a little challenging and more fun. My whisper price was around $5999-ish.

One Wrong Price: I thought Carmel was too much to be right. For a trip as good as Palm Springs, I would have left that alone.

One Away: I just did not like that 9 being the last number. I was debating between the 5 and the 1. I might need the Peanut Gallery for help on this one.

One Bid 6: Too bad some of them did not help Brittany get out of the Row successfully...

Pick-A-Pair: Sometimes I think all you got to do is nail the win with the lowest-priced products.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline CBach88

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 04:33:57 PM »
Oh good! So I'm not the only one who plays along with the contestants and calculates final scores and everything?

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 05:11:46 PM »
3 Strikes: I'm glad it's back, and in the first slot!  After Shaneika drew the 1, I was hoping she wouldn't say it's the first number.  However, she did say that she thought 2 was the first number.  I'm surprised that so many people don't know 3 Strikes is played for expensive cars.

Race Game: Did home viewers see the price tag accidentally reveal before Bob mentioned it?  I was confused when Bob said the first prize should be easy until I saw the revealed price.

One Wrong Price: At first, I thought that this was the first time OWP was played for three trips, but then a question entered my mind.  When OWP is played for trips, isn't it usually played behind all three doors?  Anyways, my guess was Carmel, but I was wrong too.

One Away: An EXACTA for me.  I seem to be getting a lot of EXACTAs in One Away recently.

SC1:  My Bid: $18,535 / OVER
SC2:  My Bid: $22,165 / OVER

What, no Grand Game today?  The other 4 cash games were played this week.  Still, it's not a favorite of mine, so I wasn't too disapppointed.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 05:26:27 PM »
Now I can spoil the goods of this episode since I was in the audience for this one:

Before I spoil this, I would like to make a correction on where I sat: I sat in the 4th row, not 3rd row.  4th row, 3rd seat to the right next to the aisle where Bob made the audience entrance.  This is just a friendly FYI.  I had to recheck the tape.

Now that’s out of the way, here’s the episode recap and it’s pretty lengthy:

Lindsay, Shaneika, Adam, and Brittany were the first four contestants.  Bob made an audience entrance---concerning Lindsay and Adam, I tested them concerning their knowledge on the prizes and grocery products beforehand in line.

3 Strikes: Shaneika said 4 as the last number, much to the dismay of the audience.  She was right!  I had a feeling Bob’s going to make us apologize to her for disapproving on one of her guesses during the commercial break, but he didn’t.   She said 2 for the first number—I was like “Yeah….in 1980!”  Unfortunately, the strikes did her in.  The Cadillac’s price was NOT very friendly $36,214.  
Bob called this loss “TRAGIC” during commercial break.

Retha comes in the 5th position.  I talked to her and her hubby in line hours before we got in and gave her some pricing pointers.

Race Game: One of the podiums accidentally revealed the price when the Race Game curtain rose.  But when it came to the actual playing, Lindsay nailed all 4.

Gregg was picked next and he high fived everybody in the family, including, me, and my friend Nick and Karen in the 4th row.   Nick, Karen, and I made friends with those people in line and incidentally, they were right behind us—they were 40-45 I think in line.
Range Game: Yes another blooper!  Bob started the rangefinder without asking what was the prize that Adam was playing for in the game.  It was a sauna---but I felt partly responsible for Adam’s heartbreaking loss….my timing was off, so was everybody else’s in the Peanut Gallery.

Bob was NOT very happy with a 1 for 3 day.  He considered the two losses UNACCEPTABLE.

I wanted Lindsay or Adam to win---Lindsay got the honors….the big wheel shoots down Adam.

During the Commercial Break, some dudes requested Bob say the line from “Happy Gilmore.”  He reluctantly did it.
Craig gets up next---Nick, Karen and I also made friends with his group while waiting for the taping.
One Wrong Price: All three trips brought to us by the State of California!!  I looked at the prices and I felt Palm Springs was wrong.  I told Gregg’s family to say it to him.  Even the consensus of the audience said Palm Springs as well.  Unfortunately, it was a loss.  It was San Diego!!!  Roger didn’t want it won at all today.  Tough break for Gregg---I thought he had it!

Bob even vented his frustration out during commercial break….we need some winners!

One Bid 5: I did NOT like everybody’s first round of bids on the lawn mower.  I shook my head in disbelief as the buzzers went off signaling an overbid.
One Away: Craig really wanted to win the Pontiac GTO.  His price was $22,519.  3 right.  I told his friends to change the second and 4th digits.  Everybody agreed with me in the audience—they thought exactly what I was thinking.   Craig’s final price was $20,539.  Price: $20,517!!!!  Roger used an EVIL car price!!!  Everybody was in total shock!  I couldn’t believe it—I thought Craig had it!  Tough break.
Nick told me that he saw Roger on the sidelines grinning at us after Craig made his changes.  I came up with 2 theories:
A)   We screwed Roger or
B)   Roger screwed us
Result: Roger screwed us!  Roger didn’t want One Away won today.

One Bid 6: I was praying for Brittany to get out of Contestant’s row, but she failed.

Pick a Pair: This was too easy, Roger really wanted to get rid of that piano.  Retha said bleach first.  Me and Nick screamed “RICE!”  Retha said Rice and WON!

During commercial: Bob said “Finally a winner!  Can we play one more game?”  Apparently not.  Brittany asked Bob if she can kiss him since she didn’t win her way up on stage…Bob let her.
Showdown 2: I wanted either Gregg or Craig to win because both of them got bit by rotten luck in their pricing games.  Gregg got the honors.

So it was Gregg and Lindsay in the showcase.  Bob asked us to practice the OOHs and AAHs for the showcase…when we did it, he thought we were terrible!

Showcases: Lindsay passes Showcase 1 to Gregg.  I told Gregg’s family and friends $15,000.  Gregg bids $16,211.  I was like “That’s reasonable.”  Lindsay gets the showcase with the Chevy Cobalt.  Lindsay turns to her mom first—she was saying $19,000 to Lindsay, then her mom turns to me for advice.  I knew Cobalts are cheap cars, so I told the mom $16,000.  Lindsay’s mom IGNORES my advice and tells Lindsay to bid at least $19,000.  Lindsay bid $19,999 to mine and Nick’s dismay.  I was like “She choked.”  
Results: Gregg missed his showcase by $2,000.  Lindsay goes OVER!  Her mother should have taken my advice.
Gregg wins over $18,000 in prizes and kisses Bob at the end!  Nick, Karen, and I hugged Gregg’s family and friends after the taping was over.
This was a phenomenal experience in my book.  I’m really glad I got to see Bob Barker before he retired.

Feel free to ask me any questions about this taping.

Offline notsoeasy

• In the Audience
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 07:22:13 PM »
If the first pricing game of the day blocks the traditional entry point (the second door), Bob will enter through the audience.  It happens whenever it's One Away, Ten Chances, Three Strikes, or especially the Golden Road.