Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2007  (Read 29243 times)

Offline TK416

• Outside in Line
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/08/2007
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »

10ChanceClock wrote:
If the first pricing game of the day blocks the traditional entry point (the second door), Bob will enter through the audience.  It happens whenever it's One Away, Ten Chances, Three Strikes, or especially the Golden Road.

actually that rule was broken with the last MDS.  Bob made a stage enterance and Golden Road was played first without the circles on the stage.  Does anybody know if that was a first?  I think so...

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 07:53:23 PM »
Actually, Golden Road does NOT block door #2 entrance - but if Bob did make a door #2 entrance, the game would be spoiled first - because usually the first prize is in one of those canisters next to door #2.  Also, when Golden Road is usually played, there are a bunch of Golden dots that line the Golden Road setup.  

For the MDS, there were NO golden dots on the floor - and instead of the canister used for the first prize, door #3 was used.  This way, they could have Bob enter through door #2 without spoiling the first game. The podiums with the prices were pushed on stage during the prize descriptions or during gameplay of another prize (The car price prop is pushed on stage during the gameplay of the 2nd prize).

The games that can't be easily moved onto stage that block door #2 that are played first require an audience entrance - which is why some games such 3 Strikes, Plinko, One Away, 10 Chances, Punch-a-Bunch, and Grand Game can't be played first unless Bob makes an audience entrance.

However, there are a couple of stage games that are played first because they can be wheeled on stage without blocking Bob's door #2 entrance - these are Card Game, Range Game, Freeze Frame, and Temptation.  These can be wheeled on stage during the IUFB or the prize description.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »
Guess Race Game was a little easier than usual, thanks to the flat opening the flappy as the prizes were being revealed.  It's still impressive than Lindsay won in one try, considering how difficult a prize the globe is.

Apparently, making the rangefinder go back down the scale causes much stress on the game's electronics:  the useless green light never turned off!

Speaking of that, Bart, please just put Range Game on camera already!  Kinda' futile when Bob points out the game before the prize is shown.  And when he starts the rangefinder before showing the prize.  And when the camera catches the very side of Range Game anyway.

Speaking of Range Game, it probably could've been played a little better.  Not that anyone can realistically tell a $5995 prize from a $6001 prize, but it's usually a good idea to cover two "90-00" ranges on a single basic prize, anyway, since the prices most often end in 9x.

Wonder why One Wrong Price didn't use all three doors today.  I mean, I know they didn't on the first playing for three trips, but then they started doing that... until today.  Guess someone decided it was too much like Most Expensive, or something.

Speaking of One Wrong Price, Roger seemed to really not want that one won.  The wrong price was the only price that actually looked right.

And finally, Rachel :).

Richie wrote:  3 Strikes:...She said 2 for the first number—I was like “Yeah….in 1980!”

Or the 1990s.  Three Strikes still used $20,000 luxury cars until sometime around the mid-90s.  Considering it's one of the cheaper luxury cars around today, it probably would've been in the $20,000s back in the 0s.  If it had actually existed back then, anyway.

Richie wrote:  Craig’s final price was $20,539. Price: $20,517!!!! Roger used an EVIL car price!!! Everybody was in total shock! I couldn’t believe it—I thought Craig had it! Tough break.

I'm a little confused why $20,517 is any more evil than $20,539.  Neither one really looks right, or any more likely than the other.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 11:27:22 PM »
The Price is Right In Your House Game #6726

Hotties
Lindsay, Brittany, and Rachel! :P

Showcase #1
Broyhill Living Room and Carpet One Good Housekeeping Carpeting - $6,230
42" TV - $2,698
Kawasaki STX12F Jetski - $9,298

Showcase #2: Phire vs. Fiona
I wish Phire Dawson were here.  She is our fire chief on the show.

Stainless Kitchen - $2,997
Peavey Messenger Stereo System - $500
Chevrolet Cobalt - $14,184

Modeling Report Card for June 8, 2007
Score to beat: $83,443

27 to go, Rachel!

At the end of week #402K
Highest score - $83,443 (Rachel Reynolds, Tuesday)
Lowest score - $11,061 (Lanisha Cole, Wednesday)
Ashleys - 2
Broyhills - 4
Next week:  Final Ashley & Broyhill counts will be in.

Rachel Reynolds - $249,192 (44 prizes)
Gabrielle Tuite - $168,290 (42 prizes)
Lanisha Cole - $103,193 (26 prizes)
Brandi, Phire - here

Those that total $135,315 are 23 prizes and yet FOUR MORE grocery product plugs.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 11:44:51 PM »
Yay!  3 Strikes is finally back!  Too bad it was lost...although I have a hunch it might show up again next week.

That was really weird, the way that price fell open in Race Game.  You'd think if that were going to happen, it would have taken a little less than 33 years.

I can't decide whether Bob started Range Game without showing the prize because he's 83 or because he just got caught up in the moment...but I know I was surprised the guy running the rangefinder actually listened to him!

And speaking of Range Game...ouch.  That loss was painful.

Aw...three-trip 1 Wrong Price went back to its original staging.  Oh well...maybe it's better to leave exclusively for Most Expensive, anyway.  Makes it seem more special, somehow.

And boy...there's really no way anyone was going to win that game, is there?  I mean, that was just...boy.  Those were some dang expensive trips to places that aren't all that far away from Los Angeles.

I have no idea what my first guess would have been for One Away, but if it had been the same as Craig's, I'd have won.

I hope all five shows next week have a small prize game.

Scott, you're awesome. :)

And with regard to the discussion of audience entrances...has Ten Chances ever been played first?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 12:41:16 AM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
That was really weird, the way that price fell open in Race Game.  You'd think if that were going to happen, it would have taken a little less than 33 years.

I've seen similar things happen in person backstage and my guess is that the new curtain is either made of heavier material than the old ones or else its curtain rod is hung a little further back on the stage. Curtains catch on the gel screens of theatrical lights ALL the time and down they come.

Scott, I'd like to believe you, really I would.  :P
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 10:30:10 AM »
3 Strikes-Woohoo, it's finally back!  It's a shame it was lost though; those strikes did her in pretty quick.  A 2 as the first number??  

Race Game-I think if she got 0 right, Bob would have gone ballistic.  A nice win right off the bat.

Range Game-I guess it's now just stop on a random spot! :-D  That was a painful loss by only $6!

1 Wrong Price-All of the prices looked right; tough for Gregg.

One Away-Ugh, the last 2 numbers do Craig in.

Pick-a-Pair-Easy as always.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »
...one day late. How sad I am to miss 3 Strikes. :-(

I also missed a ton of fun moments. Race Game and Range Game were hilarious.

HOTTIES: #302, Lindsay; #303, Brittany; #304, Rachel :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Adam
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline Jason Batt

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »
3 Strikes - Too bad!:-(  I wish they'd play this game more often.
Race Game - Great job, even though she had a little help!:-)
Range Game - Too high by $6!  What a heartbreaker!:cry:
One Wrong Price - I thought he had it!:-o  That's a pretty expensive trip to San Diego.  I didn't think it was that far from Hollywood!
One Away - Too bad!:-(  
Pick A Pair - Textbook playing!:-D  Need I say more?
ShowcasesToo bad for Lindsay!:-(  Nice bid, Gregg!:-)

To heelsrule1988: Range Game - HILARIOUS!? It was heartbreaking!

[color=0000FF]Edit by Frank15:  Posts combined.[/color]
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007, 01:57:59 PM »
Cartboy wrote:

To heelsrule1988:  Range Game - HILARIOUS!?  It was heartbreaking!

I think Heels was referring to the part before the contestant lost -- you know, where Bob started the game before showing anyone what the prize was.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007, 05:06:18 PM »
Correct. Losses aren't exactly funny to me.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 07:55:19 PM »
3X: YAY!  It's back.  Ugh The 1st number si 2 for the Cadillac?  That's more likely to happen in 1990.

Race Game: Well that's a head start.

Range Game: Another head start for the finder.  YIKES!  $6 over.

OWP:  For TRIPS?!  EVIL!  I would have said Palm Springs as well.

One Away: EVIL!  Although I was sure the 4th digit was 1.

PaP: Super easy.  Rice and Bleach were screaming "Pick US!"

SC2:  Willy!  $19K was way too high for the Cobalt SC.

Well were heading down the home stretch.  Here we go.

Offline supergoten

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 10:45:54 PM »
It's terrible, but Bob proved himself wrong that day, no 37 hour wait?

I'll believe it anyway.

Offline juan833blue

• Outside in Line
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
That 3rd game was a truly painful loss.  He lost by only $6, if he had stopped the range finder sooner, he would have won.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 09:03:19 PM »
Now that I'm back from Chi-Town, I can finally do my summaries.

One-Bid #1:  Fireball Hottie #43--Shaneika!  :-P

PG #1:  Yay!  3 Strikes returns!  :-P  There weren't a whole lot of options in that Cadillac, so I didn't think that it would be $36,000.

One-Bid #2:  Fireball Hottie #44--Retha!  :-P  Woohoo!  Two-hottie day!

PG #2:  Race Game again?!  WTF?!  :clipboard:

Looks like they set up the Race Game curtain a little too close to the price tag stands.  Has a price ever been prematurely revealed before?  The setup was fairly easy.

PG #3:  SENIOR MOMENT #385964BOB!  Gotta give Adam credit for knowing the game--right down to the 37-hour joke.  Just too bad that he got smacked by that painful $6 loss.

PG #4:  Yay!  Three-trip OWP!  :-P  Interesting that all three are California destinations.  All three of those given prices were way too high IMHO.  San Diego was the one that looked the most reasonable, and I'm shocked that the real price was $1,400 more.

PG #5:  A car price ending in 17... EVIL!

PG #6:  Easy as usual.

Showcases:  Here we go again... Room SC > Car SC.  What is this, the sixth time in the last two months that this has happened?

My showcase bids:
Random room/watercraft--$18,597
Car--$16,538

juanpushover wrote:
That 3rd game was a truly painful loss. He lost by only $6, if he had stopped the range finder sooner, he would have won.

What a compelling observation... NOT.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16