Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread  (Read 15894 times)

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2023, 11:03:42 PM »
It's rare just for someone to pick up the Million-Dollar Wedge and hit the top prize (be it $100K or the Million) in the Bonus Round. Now we have avoided a $1,000,000 loss twice in a year. Back in 2012, there were two contestants who Bankrupted the wedge then hit the $100K, with one loss and one win.

I don't believe it has happened at all between 4/30/2012 and 4/6/2023, though we did have 8 contestants hit the $1,000,000 envelope in the Bonus Round during those 11 years.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2023, 10:34:52 PM »
The $75,000 envelope is hit for the first time on the syndicated show. Too bad we couldn't get a win with this puzzle, but hopefully in the near future it will be won.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2023, 12:25:02 AM »
The $75,000 envelope is hit for the first time on the syndicated show. Too bad we couldn't get a win with this puzzle, but hopefully in the near future it will be won.

I felt Leah was doomed when she picked WHAT ARE YOU DOING.   I was right.   That puzzle was a killer!

I felt this puzzle JUST BLUFFING was the toughest of this week, with the THING puzzle UNWAVERING VOICE a very close second.   

...just to show picking THING OR WHAT ARE YOU DOING for Bonus Land often leads to disaster.   We have had only 1 out of 10 won in two weeks on Season 41 Wheel.

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2023, 10:17:12 PM »
HIMALAYAN SEA SALT. How the heck do you get a Toss-Up like that with just two letters? 8-O
________

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2023, 09:59:42 PM »
Now that's a good show. All three players exceeded $20,000 today! It happened in part due to a $5,000 Final Spin.

Appropriate that we finish with such high totals the same day that Celebrity Wheel debuts. :biggrin:
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2023, 12:39:19 AM »
Now that's a good show. All three players exceeded $20,000 today! It happened in part due to a $5,000 Final Spin.

Appropriate that we finish with such high totals the same day that Celebrity Wheel debuts. :biggrin:

It's very rare for all three contestants in the civilian version to win over $20K.   That episode is definitely going to be very tough to beat.

EVENT in Bonus Land is 2 for 2.   I think we need to start picking that category.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2023, 11:41:37 PM »
Gosh Bellamie loves putting the Raw Deal list for the contestants to choose from before Bonus Land begins.

Only PHRASE has the lone win so far 1/4.   THING(S) 0/2.   As of today WHAT ARE YOU DOING 0/3.

And a cardinal rule for picking WHAT ARE YOU DOING for Bonus Land: AVOID the trap letters.   Tonight's contestant apparently picked them both and it doomed her.

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2023, 07:32:39 PM »
Bridget tried her best, but she reminded me of Vanna from the Wii version of the game in a few ways.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2023, 10:22:05 AM »
Ironically, after this week of tapings for the civilian version, the Raw Deal list all have 3 losses (PHRASE/THING/ WHAT ARE YOU DOING)

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2023, 05:46:32 PM »
HI BARBIE!
HI BARBIE!
HI BARBIE!
HI BARBIE!

...so, what do people think about this being used as a main game puzzle? I think it's a funny puzzle, though others might just think it's dumb.
________

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2023, 06:08:17 PM »
It's a funny moment from a huge hit movie. Makes perfect sense.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2023, 08:44:10 PM »
So $45,000 hasn't been hit yet in 30 shows. Is it too early to speculate that it's been retired?

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2023, 02:05:34 AM »
So $45,000 hasn't been hit yet in 30 shows. Is it too early to speculate that it's been retired?

Something tells me the $45,000 is retired.   I think it's $40,000, $50,000, $75,000 or $100,000.

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2023, 09:19:57 AM »
We had some harder puzzles this week, including A COZY HOME and KICKING THINGS OFF over the past two days, and yet both these puzzles were solved. The only miss so far was WHISKED AWAY.
________

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2023, 11:59:42 PM »
BOX OFFICE tonight wasn't much easier. This could've easily been a 0/5 week, but it ended up 4/5! That's pretty good especially with those puzzles.
________