Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread  (Read 17128 times)

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2023, 10:21:08 PM »
Good golly it's WHAT ARE YOU DOING week this week in Bonus Land.

I personally would not have solved tonight's puzzle, it was hard.

I got this one, but only after the D was revealed in the last word. If I didn't know the first word to VACATIONING ABROAD, I would not have gotten the second.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2024, 12:48:23 AM »
And it's another $100,000 win! Again, it might have been a toughie, as RSTLNE only gave her 2 letters in A PUBLIC OFFICIAL, but LaToya picked a good consonant and a very important vowel.

Also, the confetti machine actually worked this time. :-D

It's been a while since a blue contestant won the $100K.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2024, 02:52:43 AM »
And it's another $100,000 win! Again, it might have been a toughie, as RSTLNE only gave her 2 letters in A PUBLIC OFFICIAL, but LaToya picked a good consonant and a very important vowel.

Also, the confetti machine actually worked this time. :-D

It's been a while since a blue contestant won the $100K.

Correct me if I'm wrong...does this end PERSON/PEOPLE's 15 consecutive losing streak of the $100,000 misses ever since the Bonus Wheel was brought into the picture?

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2024, 01:40:35 PM »
It sure does. That only leaves the categories that have had a single hit (though In The Kitchen and Show Biz have both had Celebrity Wheel wins).
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2024, 01:06:42 AM »
I've heard of PAINTING A PICTURE...but PAINTING A VIVID PICTURE for tonight's WHAT ARE YOU DOING puzzle in Bonus Land?

...yeah, they are back to hard mode WHAT ARE YOU DOING.   Sheesh.

Online PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2024, 07:34:10 PM »
Minor Blizzard? Did she not realize the N was not there? WHY?

Online PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2024, 07:32:49 PM »
Shonda had the right idea, but she should have picked the I instead of the O. And since when is a food festival related to showbiz?

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2024, 12:18:38 PM »
Minor Blizzard? Did she not realize the N was not there? WHY?
Because people are human? 🙄

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2024, 12:12:43 AM »
Some close ones, though don't feel bad for the contestant who did it as she won the main game. :P

Two Toss-Up guesses that fit perfectly but were wrong: IN THE END ZONE for the first (answer IN THE RED ZONE), and DAYTON OHIO for the second (answer CANTON OHIO). There could've been a third in Round 1, but this might be a bit of a stretch (she was correct with THE COOL SHADE OF A PALM TREE, though SHAPE still could've worked for the third word).
________

Offline DebonairDylan

• In the Audience
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2024, 08:23:22 AM »
Some close ones, though don't feel bad for the contestant who did it as she won the main game. :P

Two Toss-Up guesses that fit perfectly but were wrong: IN THE END ZONE for the first (answer IN THE RED ZONE), and DAYTON OHIO for the second (answer CANTON OHIO). There could've been a third in Round 1, but this might be a bit of a stretch (she was correct with THE COOL SHADE OF A PALM TREE, though SHAPE still could've worked for the third word).
What I couldn't get over was Kiera's refusal to use her Wild Card on $3,500, especially the second time when she knew the puzzle, she could have used it for an extra $7,000 on the two Ks that were in the puzzle. As it was, the extra letter she called in the bonus round wasn't in the puzzle and she didn't solve it, so she let an extra $7,000 go down the drain. I noticed that Pat tried to use his mind to talk her into using it the best he could. I was honestly glad she didn't solve the bonus round, IMO, nobody deserves it after passing up free money like that. Also, had Kiera taken just one more bite of breakfast, Brianna would have possibly had the most incredible comeback in Wheel history as the two quadruple consonants she called would have totaled $48,000, which also would have served Kiera right for passing up an extra $7,000.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2024, 01:15:40 PM »
I hate that we usually only win the Bonus Round once a week now. Back in the day people won it 3-4 days a week and the puzzles were easy. Now they just keep repeating stuff like A QUICK JUG OF MILK DUDS and then change a single word a few months later, and nobody watches the show enough to know they do this. We had PUFFY CARDIGAN a couple years ago, and I can't even count how many times a What Are You Doing? puzzle was "____ING AROUND" over the past fiveish years. Like the lady who didn't solve PINK ORCHID, we had PURPLE ORCHID a few years ago, so I guess they'll do WHITE ORCHID next season?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2024, 06:17:33 PM »
The NFL Superfan tournament week was fun, great contestants and the tournament added intrigue. I hope they consider adding a few more tournaments each season going forward, but at least getting one the last two seasons is nice.

Technically this is for season 42, but noteworthy nonetheless: Ryan and Vanna were recently spotted in Hawaii filming promos for the new season, making it Ryan's first official work with Wheel: https://popculture.com/tv-shows/news/ryan-seacrest-and-vanna-white-kick-off-wheel-of-fortune-partnership-in-hawaii/

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2024, 07:55:36 PM »
Technically this is for season 42, but noteworthy nonetheless: Ryan and Vanna were recently spotted in Hawaii filming promos for the new season, making it Ryan's first official work with Wheel: https://popculture.com/tv-shows/news/ryan-seacrest-and-vanna-white-kick-off-wheel-of-fortune-partnership-in-hawaii/

JayC, I think I may be wrong but Ryan and Vanna have been doing the location promos since at least November in Nashville.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=843128474485147&set=pcb.843128497818478

But as for now, besides the tournament, this past week's NFL Week was fun with contestants who were great at the game. And count me in in also hoping to see more of these tournaments in the coming years (whether it is another sports organization, teams, etc.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 08:16:19 PM by jude_este »

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2024, 11:54:08 AM »
JayC, I think I may be wrong but Ryan and Vanna have been doing the location promos since at least November in Nashville.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=843128474485147&set=pcb.843128497818478
Oh yes, I do see searching now there were a few articles written about them filming in Nashville from November. I guess I missed them at the time.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2024, 10:19:37 PM »
It's Valentine's Day week!

So last year was notable for havings two guys on a team for the first time. This week did it twice on consecutive shows.

Maybe two women will team up next year?
________