Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread  (Read 17124 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2024, 12:55:40 AM »
Tonight's WHAT ARE YOU DOING puzzle was hard.   There were FOUR trap letters in tonight's puzzle.

Thank goodness the G and I were NOT chosen tonight, but the A and the D proved to be fatal for tonight's couple.   

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2024, 10:17:33 AM »
We had another skunked week this week.   UGH.

I personally don't know how many losses PHRASE has but my guess is 30 for Bonus Land.   THING has NOT been picked for 2 months and is still at 7.   WHAT ARE YOU DOING has gotten harder to ace lately and last night that category just hit 15 losses.   

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2024, 10:50:53 PM »
Something a bit different this week. Instead of an actual Prize Wedge like they've always had, they've replaced it with a pair of special wedges that can be taken to the Bonus Round. While the special wedges do make it interesting, the game just doesn't feel right without a normal prize, never mind the extra weight it puts on the Trip Puzzle.

As far as I know, every syndicated episode prior to this week has had at least one basic prize (barring episodes where they may have simply forgot to add the wedge, if any such episodes exist).

Also, if you're not gonna offer a Prize Wedge this week (or on the "sixth show" that aired prior), you could at least give us easier bonus puzzles. :rollold:
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2024, 01:26:55 AM »
Also, if you're not gonna offer a Prize Wedge this week (or on the "sixth show" that aired prior), you could at least give us easier bonus puzzles. :rollold:

Well, we got an easier puzzle this time, and now we got our first expedition win of the week. That's a $25,788 Iceland expedition on top of the $40,000 that Cynthia spun on the Bonus Wheel.

She also thought that she hit the cruise in Round 1 when she solved the puzzle, but she looked at the wrong arrow and hit $550, which according to Pat would've been "a really crappy cruise". :oldlol:
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2024, 12:26:44 AM »
Two nights in a row that somebody brought both the Wild Card and Million Dollar Wedge to the Bonus Round.

Contestant Joey from last night got them both in Round 3, and filled in the entire puzzle by himself...though it would've been funny to see him spin just a little stronger at the end, which would've meant hitting Express with one consonant remaining and then being unable to hop on because the puzzle was already complete. :P

Tonight, contestant Courtney got both extras in Round 1 and held on to the very end. Vanna forgot about the Wild Card in the Bonus Round, however, as she started walking before Pat had to be reminded about it from offstage again. :rollold:
________

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2024, 10:29:34 AM »
Well, that's a different reason for someone to be brought back to the show. Often, it's related to the ruling when someone solves a puzzle, after a Toss-Up buzzer doesn't work properly, and it could also be expected for a calculation error after spinning. They've also brought someone back after a bad bonus puzzle.

According to the comments, contestant David from Monday (who previously appeared on June 6, 2023) returned to the show because he was awarded the wrong Prize Puzzle trip? He finished June 6 in a close 2nd place, and the difference presumably would've given him the win. The puzzle last time was STAYING UP WAY TOO LATE, so any trip could've worked for that one.
________

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2024, 11:21:24 AM »
I'm okay with it.  I'd also be fine if he wasn't invited back.  While an error there means missing out on something extra, it's still a pretty long shot in the Bonus Round (depending on the category & letter selection).  I have to go back for a more concrete opinion, but I pretty much lean toward not bringing him back but maybe giving him a $39,000 consolation prize.  On certain days, his outcome could be enough to win and on other days, the "correct prize" may not have any barring toward the placements (and a second place finish).

Again, I have to check back to last year, but I think there were several opportunities to win the main game, as is the case all the time.  However, that was nice for him to be brought back as it was their error, not his.  As mentioned, anything trip should have worked, so maybe they were being too lenient, but such is life.

As for the Wild Card & MDW, looks like the streak of the former came to an end, and go figure, the contestant didn't need it on her way toward solving the puzzle.  For me, everyone over the past week had a wild card, not much success; Friday's YOU SHOULD BE PROUD puzzle was a lot easier to figure out than if I had been on stage myself.  I may have gotten it right if given 20-30 seconds for the victory
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2024, 12:40:55 AM »
A very close one in the Bonus Round today. The winning contestant Max solved WE ARE MOVING FORWARD just before the buzzer, but he also paused before MOVING for about a second. Apparently, Pat waited for a ruling, and they gave him a yes, so Max won a new car!
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2024, 02:05:07 AM »
A very close one in the Bonus Round today. The winning contestant Max solved WE ARE MOVING FORWARD just before the buzzer, but he also paused before MOVING for about a second. Apparently, Pat waited for a ruling, and they gave him a yes, so Max won a new car!

I believe that was win #48 for Bonus Land.   These puzzles are really getting infinitely harder now.

Offline DebonairDylan

• In the Audience
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2024, 07:33:01 AM »
I was a little surprised they gave it to him because there was at least one instance where someone took too long and lost due to the buzzer sounded before she could say it together (which I've heard Pat tell contestants to say it together before), and that was when fans complained about it and the company of the car she lost gave her a car.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2024, 10:20:09 AM »
The one where the company gave her a car was CHOOSING THE RIGHT WORD.
________

Offline DebonairDylan

• In the Audience
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2024, 10:02:36 PM »
The one where the company gave her a car was CHOOSING THE RIGHT WORD.
That's right. She said "CHOOSING THE RIGHT", but took too long to come up with "WORD", saying the last word after the buzzer and fans complained despite rules being rules for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Max credit despite taking a 1 second pause just so they wouldn't have to deal with backlash for the fans, it was probably better in the long run that they gave it to him rather than have people complaining and have the company end up giving him a car.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2024, 08:41:14 PM »
Tonight's Wheel of Fortune was just...painful.   OUCH.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2024, 09:41:00 PM »
Definitely one of those that one would get...at home with 3X as much time.  Even so, that still was not easy with a mastery of the process of elimination with one's letter selection.  Fortunately the outcome without the end game was more than okay
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2024, 10:49:20 PM »
Tonight's Bonus Round made up for Monday, as we got our third $100,000 win of the season!

Certainly easier than the first two $100K wins of the season, and certainly easier than the first two puzzles this week.
________