Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread  (Read 16893 times)

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2024, 12:17:13 AM »
Why is it so hard for us to win the Bonus Round more than twice a week? This seriously reminds me of early 2010's Price when we rarely saw more than 2 out of 6 games won.

We've found that a lack of Bonus Round wins is nothing new for the show. They seem to have been having trouble since the 2000-2001 season, including a 17-loss streak around the winter holidays, and they didn't even have a $100,000 prize yet.

2000-2001 was also a weak season for Jeopardy! winnings overall. Yes, they hadn't doubled the clue values yet, though they still could've made clues (and Final) easier if they wanted.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2024, 01:01:16 AM »
Wow.   Just wow.   I was absolutely floored on tonight’s show.   Although Kate did win $16,500, she suffered like 1,000 to 100,000 cuts tonight.    Yeah I’m over exaggerating but still…a very painful Bankrupt in round 1, AND her missing a LIVING THING puzzle which she actually made easy with key letter picks.   And to top it all off…OOF.   I actually got this one with her picks.   This one really hurt because she lost a lot of money tonight.   I even felt she picked the right category for Bonus Land.   I would have chosen LIVING THING myself.

Well…we did have 2 additional Bonus Land wins this week to bring our victories to 56 for the season.  This loss was VERY painful.   I’ll just leave it at that.   Fortunately we did NOT have a skunked week.   The THING puzzle on Tuesday was the most difficult one.

30 more shows till we bid adieu to Pat Sajak.

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2024, 07:34:27 PM »
Another example of WHY I would NEVER pick "What Are You Doing".

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2024, 08:41:56 PM »
Another example of WHY I would NEVER pick "What Are You Doing".

I just saw the episode myself.   I actually wanted Russ to pick PERSON and not pick THING OR WHAT ARE YOU DOING.  He still has a great total though.   The puzzle itself was a stinker as it had too many options.  I wish he didn't forfeit the Wild Card to the Bankrupt.   The futility streak of WHAT ARE YOU DOING is at 9 consecutive losses as we speak.   

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2024, 09:22:56 AM »
We had a close main game last night.   The Speed Up definitely was a decider, but all three contestants did well, despite one person losing a trip to the Bankrupt in Round 1, and a bad Mystery Wedge decision causes Greg to forfeit the Wild Card.

Interesting that Greg has a kid named Vanna too.

And Greg...thanks for breaking the 9 game losing streak of WHAT ARE YOU DOING in Bonus Land.   

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2024, 12:46:42 AM »
It's teams week for the civilian version of Wheel of Fortune this week.

I personally thought Karla and Braylon made a mistake of picking THINGS over PERSON and PLACE.   I felt that list for Bonus Land was a true generic list and we've had that several times lately.

It turned out to be the right call because that puzzle was simple.   I personally thought they hit the big one when Pat let Braylon open the envelope.   But $40,000 is still $40,000.   There's no cars this week, and we just hit win #60 for the season.

And THING(S) futility streak ends at 10.   Thank goodness there is no shutout in season 41 for this category.   AND the skunk stays in the cage for another week. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 12:51:48 AM by Richie »