Author Topic: “The Price is Right: A Tribute to Bob Barker” to air Thurs Aug 31 at 8 p.m. ET  (Read 9453 times)

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
it was so long I divided into into two since the subject differed and it was becoming the "wall of text". in terms of being edited earlier. I could see they use some mash ups from the 35th anniversary. (mostly because they repeated it once With the 35th anniversary Logo) it is not that shocking that they would do a lot of this in advanced. you knew his passing was going to come but it was not in a 'definite' timeframe. (as say Alex Trebek in which it was likely since he had cancer.) why I specify that is you might go back to make it more current if you know it was going to be used in short order. granted I did not actually expect to find out that it was produced 4 years ago since they already had people going through the archives for the 50th anniversary (since on a usual basis you probably do not wanna be going through thousands of episodes as a editor) and that would been a decent time to go back to fix stuff up. (1) but I guess there is some positives with this approach. since we saw so many doing the 50th anniversary having it done by someone else even if it was the older producer gives it less likely to have the same feeling as the 50th anniversary ones.

I am by no means a professional but this is my take and like I said above I have a feeling this was probably made a little after the 35th anniversary editing or if it was not leaned on it heavily. (possibly as a shortcut for the reasons above.)

(1) yeah I know a footnote for forum post but this is very technical terms of editing and did not deserve to be in the main post. but really many of us on here (including me) love watching vintage episodes. some of us even archive them which deserves a lot of merit. but in terms of editing it is likely different for the higher 'professional computers' they have but the ram of your computer. (and to be more honest the software itself no matter what your ram is) can really only hold so many clips before it starts stalling. a shortcut would be to use a already mashed up things so it would be one file and add from there. this would save RAM I mean astronomical amounts. (we are talking about 30 edits to 1 edit)

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
I don’t mean to be rude but your posts are completely unreadable.

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
The first reaction I got was it seems like the host finally shaved. (actually i wonder if it was a 'pre-recorded' message from a while ago before he shaved)
The Drew scenes are new: they were shot at Haven (the show's new home).
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director

Dude, you're only saying what we've all been thinking.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row

if you mean in general sometimes my post can be too long and the phone sometimes formats things off and I do a lot of the writing at the middle of the night. if you mean the one right above , I put there for reference In case someone that deals with editing comes across it but I do acknowledge it is a lot of 'information' since I am giving basically a list of episodes I noticed in the compilation along with editing procedures. Wall of text is a fanfiction term for a too long 'book jacket' or too many tags basically. (I am not going into the history of that)

also , I read a lot of the comments in which I learned about editing out of a translator from reviews given to me. I did not realize how much it showed into recently since I usually only deal in that bubble when it has to do with editing. :D it seems to not be the biggest problem for other subjects probably because I have talk to others more regularly about that but with editing it can be noticeable.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 02:22:15 AM by Game Girl »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
if you mean in general sometimes my post can be too long and the phone sometimes formats things off and I do a lot of the writing at the middle of the night. if you mean the one right above , I put there for reference In case someone that deals with editing comes across it but I do acknowledge it is a lot of 'information' since I am giving basically a list of episodes I noticed in the compilation along with editing procedures. Wall of text is a fanfiction term for a too long 'book jacket' or too many tags basically. (I am not going into the history of that)

also , I read a lot of the comments in which I learned about editing out of a translator from reviews given to me. I did not realize how much it showed into recently since I usually only deal in that bubble when it has to do with editing. :D it seems to not be the biggest problem for other subjects probably because I have talk to others more regularly about that but with editing it can be noticeable.

Oh, for cryin' out loud...

You use a lot of words to not say very much, and what you do say is muddled at best.  There's nothing for you to explain here -- in fact, you trying to explain things seems to be most of the problem.

I know that's not very nice, but man, I really don't know how else to get it across.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
Oh, for cryin' out loud...

You use a lot of words to not say very much, and what you do say is muddled at best.  There's nothing for you to explain here -- in fact, you trying to explain things seems to be most of the problem.

I know that's not very nice, but man, I really don't know how else to get it across.

yes you are correct. I was about to take out the last paragraph about the translator thing because it was not relevant but I guess there is no point now. after the day I wait too long for posts but not long enough to make a school paper simply. granted recently I've been having last time so stuff they would have been allowed has not been. thanks for your very speedy help.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 04:37:05 AM by Game Girl »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
the translator thing

I just now caught this.  Is English not your first language?

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
I just now caught this.  Is English not your first language?

my first language is English. what I was referring to was a lot of the community I am surrounded with were English as a second language speakers both in real life and on the Internet but particularly with the editing community. (in which I use Google translator to understand) I was considering that my writing might be look like the back end of a translator. though I do wanna be clear I do actually try I do not try to make badly written stuff. (lotta times these posts have an hour of editing) I am not actually 100 percent sure if that influences my writing a lot but I went to through the possibility.

also I want to be clear I delayed posting this not because I do not appreciate the speed you posted back but because since this technically is not a discussion about my writing skills this is technically a discussion about Bob and the tribute that respects his life so I wanted to make sure everything laid out before I responded again.The only reason I turn this into a discussion was it seem to have enough interest and I am on here enough to clarify things along with going on my own searching journey on that.

though I am very happy you told me what you meant by your first comment. I did want to double check since I recognised even though my regular writing is not that good, my writing about editing is really only for people really familiar with editing since I basically strip down the visual editing process verbally. but since everyone talked so much about guesstimate on when it was made I cannot resist breaking it down what evidence I found on screen.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
my first language is English.

Then you have no excuse.  For the love of God, USE FEWER WORDS.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
I can't help but think an AI is writing their posts.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
I can't help but think an AI is writing their posts.
I have never used AI to write a single thing in my life (The only portion that might be slightly ai is the voice dictation errors) but we might want to make a separate thread maybe named Game Girl bad writing intervention since we are getting so off-topic even though I appreciate the feedback (I really do). this is after all about one of the most remembered host of the price is right tribute. I thought this was going to last for one or two post to clear things up but now it feels like I am taking over on someone else's funeral.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Even with what's going on, I wouldn't worry as much about "taking over", since the creation of this thread was done by a well-established board member (even trustworthy enough to be a section moderator). Any mishaps are more likely to be forgotten sooner than they'd be if the original post was of poor quality.

Still, it's important to consider what others say about posting here.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
Even with what's going on, I wouldn't worry as much about "taking over", since the creation of this thread was done by a well-established board member (even trustworthy enough to be a section moderator). Any mishaps are more likely to be forgotten sooner than they'd be if the original post was of poor quality.

Still, it's important to consider what others say about posting here.
definitely and I am trying to turn a new leaf. I hope my last few posts that was shorter showed that. even though I know it is going to take more time than one or two posts to prove myself again. thank you everyone for the input.

in terms of the comment I actually was referring to this. (http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,33411.msg498635.html#msg498635) in which I decided to go 'jewelry hunting' for Cullen's show stuff about a year ago since I love flowers on everything (even though I would never afford that bracelet in 100 years). did not want to do a misstep again particularly in Bob barker's tribute discussion. thank you for giving me a pass.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 12:02:15 AM by Game Girl »

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
yeah ironic I know but I tried to search for the song used for the end credits myself but does anyone know any any place to find the funeral version that they did at the end. on my subtitles it was called 'ano' but that could be my subtitles cutting something out. thank you,