Author Topic: The Price is Right At Night Airdates and Themes  (Read 17008 times)

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Re: The Price is Right At Night Airdates and Themes
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2023, 03:32:06 PM »
The airdate chart as it stands now:

Mon. 10/2: Survivor
Mon. 10/9: Amazing Race
Fri. 10/13: Girls Night Out
Mon. 10/16: Superfans (R)
Fri. 10/20: Mother-In-Law
Mon. 10/23: Grandparents
Fri. 10/27: Date Night (R)
Mon. 11/6: Redemption (R)

Shows from Studio 33 are in italics. Grandparents was originally scheduled for 10/27 and was moved up to the 23rd. With them airing two TPiR@Ns a week, we'll be out of fresh specials before the end of the month, even with the rerun of Superfans.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline gameshowrecaps

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2023, 04:15:36 PM »
They are taping Superfans Junior this month, not sure if they will air that later this year.

As for the other ones, there are 5 other primetime Holiday Specials taping, they will probably air during the week of Dec. 18-22.

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2023, 05:23:10 PM »
So with these 5 holiday specials that week leading up to Christmas we might end up with 10 Christmas editions of the show counting that weeks daytime shows celebrating the holiday! That might be a first in the 52 year history of the show!

Online BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2023, 07:25:07 PM »
They are taping Superfans Junior this month, not sure if they will air that later this year.

As for the other ones, there are 5 other primetime Holiday Specials taping, they will probably air during the week of Dec. 18-22.

Or they might just do them weekly like the current ones - there are 4 Fridays in December prior to 12/25 due to the way the calendar falls (1,8,15,22).  Or a mix between Mon & Fri if they want to have 5 (your original post about it said 4 rather than 5).

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2023, 11:12:11 PM »

I've got a feeling that Superfans Junior will air in January.

Offline jwalk03

• In the Audience
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2023, 09:11:51 AM »
I can't find TPIR at Night on Paramount.  Anyone able to find it?

They are just mixed in with the regular daytime episodes (in order of airdate.)

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2023, 12:08:46 PM »
Just announced:

Mon. 12/4: Office Holiday Party
Tues. 12/5: College Students "Home for the Holidays"
Thurs. 12/7: Blind Holidate
Fri. 12/8: Holiday Heroes
Mon. 12/18: Holidays With The Family

All at 8pm, except 12/5, which is at 9pm.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 12:28:34 PM by Thatgameshowguy »
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2023, 12:25:10 PM »
Four Prime Time in a week? It's Crazy!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2023, 12:44:28 PM »
CBS has nothing else to air.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2023, 01:24:20 PM »
They’d be short of original content in a normal year over the holiday period. Only exacerbated this year. They’re fortunate that they have some utility players to plug the gaps.

Online ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2023, 02:10:26 PM »
Yep.

If Game and Reality shows hadn't been on a separate contract, the networks would've been good and screwed this year.

As is, the longer the SAG strike goes, the closer it comes to there being no 23/24 season at all and shows like TPIR and LMAD becoming solid primetime fixtures for a while.
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2023, 03:51:03 PM »
I like it.  I might not watch the content as it airs all the time, it 's great for the network.  I guess growing up with a daytime & nighttime version of the same show airing around the same time, it brings a rather decent smile to the face.

To be honest, I'd prefer LMAD & TPIR at Night in the summer over Big Brother.

I do wonder how they'd do if it was a regular.  No theme, but just the daytime show airing in primetime.  That being said, at least most of the themes have been great thus far
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2023, 02:18:22 PM »
Yep.

If Game and Reality shows hadn't been on a separate contract, the networks would've been good and screwed this year.

As is, the longer the SAG strike goes, the closer it comes to there being no 23/24 season at all and shows like TPIR and LMAD becoming solid primetime fixtures for a while.

They are also starting to broadcast all of their original Paramount Plus programming as well.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline gameshowrecaps

• In the Audience
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2023, 02:41:07 PM »
8 more primetime shows are taping this November. I don't see any info yet on the themes.

Online imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2023, 03:10:40 PM »
They are also starting to broadcast all of their original Paramount Plus programming as well.
The use of a sneak peak of Fraiser was interesting, if only to see that series on CBS after it was so associated with NBC back in the day. Totally get the ownership, it's just amusing to see if pop up somewhere different.

Also of interest is the pending launch of the UK original of Ghosts. A creative way to plug some time.