Author Topic: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan - Season Seven  (Read 3158 times)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan - Season Seven
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2023, 11:55:44 PM »
Neck: Gold chain, scarf, hickey
Vegetables: Corn, Peas, Carrots, Broccoli
Repeat: An echo, previous season episodes, history
Great ones!

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 10:01:04 PM »
On the October 11th episode:  Betty was a great player.

A $50K win, and so close to the time’s up buzzer! Fantastic clues given, such as “tango” for Things Two People Can Do. By the way I remember that subject as Things For Two People in the Dick Clark version. My first clue was “a belt” for Things Made of Leather, but I liked “chaps” more.

Mystery 7 win!

Another word for butt, but a pirate’s… (for “booty”).

Another exciting, down to the wire $50K win had me saying “Yes!” out loud from my seat. I first thought of “a waterfall” for Beautiful Things (how about “life” as well?), and “inebriated” for Other Words For ‘Drunk’. “Wasted” was quite good though, as was first saying “pinto ones” for Types of Beans.

During the second half hour the contestant fell into the trap of saying “day” in the Winner’s Circle for Holidays. I think she should have waited after giving clues of “Christmas” and “Thanksgiving” for those to sink in. “Polaroid” was great for Kinds of Cameras, perhaps “Kodak” would have helped. I immediately came up with “chicken” and “noodles” for Soup Ingredients, and how about “a party”, “a game show” and “a parasite” for Things With A Host?

"A coin" and "every story" were my first two clues for Things With Two Sides. "Robitussin" and "throat lozenges" came to mind for Cough Remedies and, like the contestant, I thought of "mache" right away for Paper Things.

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2023, 07:58:56 PM »
Leather: Boots, purse, belt, Fonzie's jacket
Sleep: Melatonin, Sominex, Nytol, counting sheep, Zzzquil
Beans: Pinto, Lima, Garbanzo, Jelly
India: "I'm the country associated with Gandhi.", "New Delhi is my capitol".
Holiday: Christmas, thanksgiving, easter
Camera: Polaroid, Kodak, 35mm
Soup: Broth, chicken, vegetables, egg noodles, alphabet noodles
Cough: Robitussin, Sucrets, Mucinex, steam, vaporub
Two sides: Every story, coin, pancakes, paper, record, cassette tape

Total cash won: $118,500 Season total: $447,000
1 Mystery 7 won

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2023, 11:01:14 PM »
On the October 18th episode: Congratulations to Bobby Moynihan; he’s a new father. He’s also one of my favorite celebrity players.

So much time and practically perfect clue of “Dumbo” for Things With Big Ears, especially with the other clues given (like “Ross Perot”, “Barack Obama”, and “corn”). And along with “Moses’ Commandments”, I thought of “bowling pins” for Things There Are Ten Of.

A $50K win! Great clues of “the deep end” for Parts Of A Swimming Pool and “Freddy Krueger” for Things You Have Nightmares About. “Family Murder” did it for Bobby; I would have said “falling”.

Yep, I too would have said something involving a car seat for Things That Are Heated. Maybe a “cold car seat” or “a fancy car seat”? And how about “a loud argument”? Also, my first clue for Famous Trains was “The Orient Express”.

Should just “gut” have been accepted for a 4-letter word (“guts”) in the main game? I think not. However, “Things That Buzz” was accepted for Things With Buzzers in the Winner's Circle. Knowing that, I would have said "a bumblebee" instead of "the Pyramid judge". Nevertheless, another $50K was won.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 11:12:37 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2023, 11:08:37 PM »
Dogs: Snoopy, Astro, Scooby Doo, Lady, Tramp, Goofy, Pluto
Ears: Dumbo, Mr. Spock, Mickey Mouse
Toothpaste: Crest, Colgate, Aquafresh
Competition: The Voice, America's Got Talent, American Idol
Trains: Amtrak, CSX, Norfolk Southern, Polar Express
Heated: Oven, toaster, furnace, stove
Colleges: Harvard, Yale, Princeton
Inventors: Edison, Wright Brothers, Eli Whitney

Total cash won: $123,000 Season total: $570,000
No Mystery 7 win
2nd show in a row without a $100,000 playing. NOT happy.
Very disappointed with Natasha.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2023, 11:00:34 PM »
On the October 25th episode: Richard and Ashley were very good players.

Great clues for the $50K win. I would have added “a hotel” and “a hospital” for Things With Beds, but “a mattress store” and “your sleeping room” were fantastic. And how about “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” for Long Words? :-D

Very nice Mystery 7 win, with plenty of time to spare.

Well thought out clues for Places You Find Clogs: “a shoe store” and “a hair-filled shower drain”. Unfortunately, Jason Ritter didn’t see their connection soon enough. And may I add “polar bear” to the list of Animals That Live In The Cold?

“I have the (blank) to merge” (for Urge). And who can forget President “Harold” Truman? 😊

I immediately came up with “my portable computer” for Things On Your Lap, but I gotta say that Strahan’s “your restaurant napkin” was practically perfect. Other fine clues for Types of Triangles: “scalene”, “equilateral”, and “right”.

A $100K try! "Rio de Janeiro!" I said out loud for Brazilian Things. And my first clue for Things With Seeds was "a watermelon", but "a sunflower" and "an everything bagel" were also good.

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2023, 11:08:52 PM »
Total cash won: $79,500 Season total: $649,500

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2023, 11:00:50 PM »
On the November 1st episode: It’s unusual to hear one player remind his or her partner of the subject while actually playing a main game round. It happened tonight.

“Musketeers!” My first clue for Things There Are Three Of. “Stooges” was excellent also. “Bulletproof glass” was what I first thought of for Things That Protect You. Very nice (and quick) $50,000 win.

Mystery 7 win, for the win! 

A $100K try! Great clues (“there”, “thick”, “this”) for Words That Start With T-H, but they didn’t click. I would have said “Paris” to start my list of Romantic Places, and perhaps added “a restaurant’s corner table”. And how about “The Boston Marathon” to go along with “tax day” for Annual Things (Yearly)? Any fantastic clues out there?

David was a very good contestant player.

Another $50K win in the second half. Adding “buttered” to “dinner ones” was a smart idea for Kinds of Rolls. My first thought was “Kaiser ones” (not as good, I know). May I add “camping” to the contestant’s nicely diverse list for Things You Do Outside (Outdoors)? 

Can’t say “after eighteen comes” for Nineteen, Strahan. Bad host! 😊  The contestant and I both gave him a skeptical look.

Mystery 7 win, again for the win! :-)

Another $100K try! Excellent clues under pressure ("dirty clothes", "hangers", "garment bags") for Things at a Dry Cleaners. I immediately thought of "cafeteria food" for Things on Trays; Strahan's "airplane meals" and "hospital meals" were very nice additional clues.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 11:12:43 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2023, 11:07:10 PM »
Female Rel.: Mother, sister, daughter, aunt, niece, granddaughter
Three: Stooges, Musketeers, Little Pigs, strikes
Puzzle: Crossword, jigsaw, Wheel Of Fortune
Annual: Anniversary, birthday, Christmas, Summer
Georgia: Atlanta, Savannah, peaches, pecans
Roll: Buttered, dinner, cinnamon, Tootsie, jelly
Drink: Water, milk, soda, juice
Farmer: Collects eggs, drives tractor, milk cows, harvests crops

Total cash won: $120,000 Season total: $769,500
2 chances at $100,000
Both Mystery 7s won

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2023, 11:15:39 PM »
Three: Stooges, Musketeers, Little Pigs, strikes
Roll: Buttered, dinner, cinnamon, Tootsie, jelly
Very nice! :-)

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2023, 12:53:00 AM »
(This is for the episode before when I was posting it 2 days ago the website was overloaded and Halloween occupied me yesterday.)
The concept of the baseball category was slightly hilarious. (imagining baseball players drawing portraits in the dugout) but ya making a very Yankee centred might not have been the most accessible way of presenting this category. (I am not talking about the Bronx confusion but some of the others) I am actually kind of curious how many professional stadiums have bleachers. maybe if they had five minutes (if they were big enough baseball fan) but the average person being able to make detailed enough clues in the amount of time giving is a little much.

Maybe 'a dog' (referring to a lapdog) for a clue during that lap category during the bonus round.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2023, 11:00:51 PM »
On the November 15th episode: No $50 or $100K wins (or even $100K tries) tonight.

Another name for mountain lion…  for “cougar”.

I would HAVE to say “Bob Barker” for Things on ‘The Price is Right’, perhaps followed by “Contestant’s Row” and “a new car!”  Very nice non-jackpot-winning cash total though for the first Winner’s Circle round: $13,500.

Mystery 7 win! I figured that the subject was 'words between girl and guy in the dictionary'.

Yep. “A badly rolled bowling ball” was my first clue for Things In A Gutter. And I also had trouble thinking of People With The Last Name ‘King’ after “Martin Luther”; my next thought was “Gayle”, as in Oprah’s best friend. “Billie Jean” and “Larry” (Strahan’s clues) didn’t come to my mind.

27 seconds for Things That Buckle. I thought that “your seat belt” was an excellent clue. I tried to think of a clue that suggested “the ground in an earthquake” that wouldn’t get buzzed, but I couldn’t do it in time. How about "your scared knees"? My first one for Types of Races was “The Kentucky Derby”.

Great thinking describing “margarita” for “margherita”.

Now I can come up with "Parents Just Don't Understand" to go along with "Lose Yourself" for Famous Rap Songs (Hip-Hop); under the pressure of time I could not. I also said "a dairy farm" for Places You See a Cow, but the contestant's "Chick-Fil-A" was clever. And I would have just said "cherry", "diet", "classic", and "orange vanilla" for Types of Coke (Coca-Cola).  Mmmmm.... Orange Vanilla Coke. :-D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 11:09:21 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2023, 11:10:09 PM »
Military: Sargeant, General, Corporal
"The Price Is Right": Bob Barker, Johnny Olsen, Drew Carey, The models, Showcases, The wheel
Cars: Ford, Honda, Toyota, Kia, Chevrolet
Spices: Pepper, paprika, cumin, garlic powder
Races: Marathon, three-legged, 100 meter dash, relay
Buckle: Unfastened seat belt, belt, safety harness
House: Rooms, windows, roof, basement
Cow: Dairy farm, County fair, field

Total cash won: $41,000 (Lowest total so far this season.) Season total $810,500
1 Mystery 7 win
Mark apparently blanked on "The Price Is Right".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 10:42:35 AM by PGS25 »

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2023, 11:16:21 PM »
Buckle: Unfastened seat belt, belt, safety harness
Nice additional word there. I would have hesitated using it, thinking "fasten" a synonym for "buckle". I'm not sure though, so no judgment here. :)

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2023, 01:48:40 AM »

Steve O Harvey I think he was thinking of the other family feud host John O'Hurley right before him. A host I have only learned existed this Halloween from the buzzer marathon. (I only knew Steve Harvey and the hosts from the first version Richard Dawson and Ray Combs)

he passed our category, he really past the price is right category. at least he have to go back to it after doing the others. Hints for the gutter "you are stuck in" (as in 'you are stuck in the gutter') (I thought of references to gutter driving from initial D but I know that was going to get it from every few people) anyway i enjoyed watching it and everyone seem to be trying.