Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/25/2023 (TPiR Season 52 Premiere)  (Read 5948 times)

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/25/2023 (TPiR Season 52 Premiere)
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2023, 05:58:10 PM »
The only complaint- nothing to do with the episode itself - is the lack of stairs in the audience and from contestants row to stage.

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2023, 06:00:24 PM »
Haven doesn't have an audience pit, and there are quite a few issues with recreating the pit with a raised platform a la the 2011 Canadian version.
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2023, 06:24:52 PM »
The only complaint- nothing to do with the episode itself - is the lack of stairs in the audience and from contestants row to stage.

ADA-accessibility matters. Plus, less tripping on the stairs and breaking lights.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2023, 06:52:55 PM »
Is it just me, or did they change the harps in Golden Road?
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline dagdoggnh

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2023, 07:15:03 PM »
I'm surprised Drew didn't do any Mario/Luigi jokes when Mario got on stage for CoG.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2023, 07:23:30 PM »
Recap is up.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• 4/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • First person to ever see $2.75 in Pocket
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2023, 07:25:51 PM »
Quite surprised this was Wednesday's episode, this seemed like a S52 premiere episode to me. I wonder if it's likely because of the Golden Road win.

0303L was the first taped episode of the season but was never intended to be the premiere.

Regarding the lack of pit: there is not enough fly space to raise the stage. In fact, there wasn't enough fly space to preserve the old RGC. That's why it's collapsible (and quite wobbly) now.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did
Oops, that isn't true anymore

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2023, 07:38:52 PM »
A very fun way to break in the new studio! Which looks like... exactly the same as the old one. For all the concerns we've had over the years, the TPIR staff has kept things as traditional as ever. Drew continues to host extremely well, and the show continues to entertain just as much as ever. My only disappointment with today's episode is that we didn't get something like Cliff Hangers instead of Plinko so we could have gotten a perfect show. But I know no one outside this site cares about that, so I can't really complain. I look forward to the rest of the season!

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2023, 07:58:14 PM »
I gotta get used to this new credits roll font ( this was the same font used for the credits for Bob's Tribute )  , kinda threw my eyes off for a second with the lights.
What clip is the 1st one the show up on the CBS website , that Gold............. Card Game win , lol

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2023, 08:12:36 PM »
What a great way to start out not just a new season but also a new era at a new studio.  Always nice to see a Big 4 game won.  Great way to start out Card Game; with the $5,000 range card drawn and a win.  Only downside was Plinko preventing a perfect show but at least a decent amount was won.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2023, 08:39:23 PM »
It sounded like the tinnny Plinko harps from the early 90s.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2023, 08:49:04 PM »

Speaking of "is it just me," is it just me, or did the color of the text on the showcase podiums change? I don't remember it ever being anything other than a bright white (except maybe on special occasions).

For a minute, when I saw that the first prize on Golden Road was a 70" TV, I thought that maybe they had switched the game to 4, 5, 6-digit prizes - but that would make the game almost impossible to win.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2023, 09:03:59 PM »
^
Yes, there's a slight gold tint to the text on the podiums, perhaps to recreate the hue of the dot matrix podiums.

It sounded like the tinnny Plinko harps from the early 90s.

It will be interesting to see if Punch-a-Bunch still retains its original harps as well, since its intro harps (and Plinko's original harps) did originate from GR.

Also, the copyright date in CBS' credits now uses Roman numerals.

Still, what a way to begin a new chapter in Price Is Right history. I called Card Game in the lineup from months back; it was probably the game that was played the least well since I'm leary of stopping less than $4000 under the opening bid, but he surely needed that $5000 range card!
I enjoy the new CR as well. Sure, there's a lot more blue around the traditional displays instead of the traditional green, but it allows for a more user-friendly experience. And it's always great to see the full audience in action again. I'll find Seasons 49-51 to age like milk like Drew's first two seasons after these changes get smoothed out.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline shell_game

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2023, 09:07:12 PM »

They were definitely different.

Some of the colors on set look different. I assume it's a consequence of the lighting being different in the new studio.

The main thing that seemed difficult for me were the shots of the audience for call downs. The shots were kind of dizzying to me, and I think it was because they were so close to the audience. I think there are 2 things causing this...one, the smaller space/audience. And the other, trying to shoot around those already in contestant's row, because now because they are higher relative to the audience they block the view.

Speaking of the audience, didn't it seem a bit lackluster today? Not very loud and not much energy at points. At first I thought it was because of the smaller space/audience, but I just think they didn't seem very energetic. Maybe they were too busy taking in all the newness?

They did the best they could with a forced move. It will be interesting to see how they continue to adjust as they get used to the space.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2023, 09:07:38 PM »
Yeah, no need to honor Bob by adding his name in a venue that didn't make him legendary.  I'll miss hearing his name in the intros but it's a new era.  Plus, Drew's been the face of the show for over a decade and a half.  Moving forward

The Drew Carey Studio?   10,000th episode?