Author Topic: Jack Berry and Dan Enright Game Shows  (Read 609 times)

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Jack Berry and Dan Enright Game Shows
« on: September 27, 2023, 10:48:20 PM »
I thought of starting this thread.  Does anyone know why for years Game Show Network or Buzzr don't have the game shows produced by Jack Berry and Dan Enright (Joker's Wild, Tic Tac Dough, ?)?  It's been years since I've watched those besides on YouTube  and I enjoy both of them. 
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Jack Berry and Dan Enright Game Shows
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 11:29:21 PM »
Well, BUZZR doesn't have any Barry & Enright shows because they'd need to license them from Sony. And as for Game Show Network... haven't they basically become the Steve Harvey Network as of late?

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 11:38:46 PM »
Buzzr primarily has rights to Fremantle-owned shows. I believe Berry and Enright shows ended up in Sony's hands.

As for GSN, other than 1 hour of Match Game per day, they currently don't show anything from before 1999 and haven't done so regularly* in a number of years. I believe they simply don't get the ratings from earlier game shows to justify digitizing and spending airtime on them.

*Regularly excludes things like the $25,000 Pyramid episodes they showed when Betty White died and the holiday episodes of 80s shows they sometimes air in December.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 12:57:45 PM »
GSN is certainly more focused on modern fare. Sure, Feud plays heavily into that, but their originals and other acquired content is clearly in the same mode. The Match Game throwaway hour aside, there’s not much value to them to be brining back those older shows for anything beyond one-off specials and tributes.

Buzzr—they’ve got plenty to mine from the library they have, having segued into the “old game show” space. Licensing the Sony library seems pointless for them as well.

And coming from someone who watched Joker and Tic Tac Dough regularly for years…I wouldn’t pursue it today. There’s enough out there with what they already have, and (even as a fan of them back in the day), they don’t hold up as well. They don’t have the goofy/cheesy level of some of the old Goodson shows, and the game play was basically a copy and paste job with a different gimmick. It worked back then, and good for them. Today…I can’t see it benefitting their schedule.