Author Topic: Lotería Loca on CBS  (Read 2028 times)

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
Lotería Loca on CBS
« on: October 02, 2023, 09:06:35 PM »
It isn’t often that CBS adds a game show. Any thoughts on the premiere? Will this show survive?

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Lotería Loca on CBS
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 11:06:13 PM »
I watched the episode, and it suffers from what every lottery show suffers from: almost no skill or play along value. I doubt it'll last very long, especially now that the writer's strike is over.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 04:11:16 AM »
Yeah, the game needs a little more skill and more substance for it to become regular viewing. The show reminds me of Deal or No Deal. It really only gets interesting during the bonus round.

On an unrelated note, I’m 23 years old and yet the pictures of the Skulls in the bonus round will keep me up at night. They look straight out of an episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 10:34:07 AM »
Show is way too long. Particularly the bonus round. 3 commercials during the bonus round is a significant problem. We all could tell she was bailing before the last commercial ended.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 10:38:36 AM »
Maybe it is a bit easier to follow the show here, since NY State has had a scratch off lottery ticket that is very similar to the bonus round (a 4x4 board, where you have to match any line of 4 to win whatever prize is given along that row/column).

Of course, they give you what symbols they want to have you win or not, but the base idea works similarly.

Show is way too long. Particularly the bonus round. 3 commercials during the bonus round is a significant problem. We all could tell she was bailing before the last commercial ended.

That's true, but the same generally occurs with Press Your Luck, since you know that the show has to end at a particular time, so you can tell when they are going to not go on.  Not sure how they can avoid that, unless they start putting a bunch of commercials at the end (which probably isn't as valuable to them).

Offline GameShowFan86

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2023, 11:59:47 AM »
Loteria Loca feels like Sábado Gigante.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 02:26:36 AM »
I was a originally not watch the show. it looked like it was just going to be a stereotype bonanza from ad but the dances seem to serve a purpose like the The foreign wheel of are a fortune shown during 'international week' rather than parity. thank goodness.

I do have to say the game seems really complicated I was thinking of Whew and all the games that Jay Wolpert made. just from the intro but it is in Cavan ball levels. granted it is really bad when your multiple minute summary does not even cover all the rules of your game. I enjoyed watching it in the end ,it was pretty to look and I enjoyed the fake vacation photos but this should have been less than 10 rules, not including unusual technicalities of course. Though to be honest I still do not understand all of the portions and mostly only understand the first round.

this is not the first bingo game I have even seen, that would go to Bob's Full House, which is apparently not related to the sitcom. I felt this version was explained more clearly but felt somewhat flat. (that last one was want my opinion though for bingeing it, The host was a fine) anyhow I would like tune mostly because football is on that the channels I thought they had something going but they just went into many directions.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2023, 07:29:01 AM »
The worst part IMO is the Loco challenges, where how well you perform on those has NOTHING regarding the influence of who controls the symbol. Just make it where if the contestant is perfect on a Loco, they automatically receive that symbol. I'd even have a "Duelo" space where both contestants have a similar trivia challenge where the winner automatically claims that space, as well as a "Robar" space where a contestant can take any square on his/her opponent's card if he/she wins a special question. It would make the front game more interesting. Overall, it has a great set which is the only possibility how this show may survive similar to DonD, but once the SAG strike gets resolved, it will be time to say adios.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2023, 09:19:00 PM »
1.3 million viewers for the latest episode. I don’t see this show continuing much longer.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2023, 09:31:12 PM »
For me, it simply has too loose and random a format to truly last long.  Perhaps a bit more time in development would have helped it into a better game. 

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2023, 12:58:47 AM »
1.3 million viewers for the latest episode. I don’t see this show continuing much longer.

that is more than I expected. (I expected 0.5 million) but that could be because it is one of the few counterprograms to Monday night football.

For me, it simply has too loose and random a format to truly last long.  Perhaps a bit more time in development would have helped it into a better game.
definitely yes like I said above. as the old saying (not mine) goes with game shows, if you cannot explain it in 1 sentence then it is to complicated and if you need a introductory video at the beginning to explain half of the rules (and even then there are still some not explained) then that should be a hint it is too complicated. (The second half I made up)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2023, 07:39:42 AM »
I thought the rules are simple enough- pick a random card, whoever has the symbol on the card on their bingo card gets to mark it and gets money for it, get a double bingo on your card to win the game. Pretty simple.

The problem is that there is nothing there game-wise. Sure you had the Loca challenges to add a little variety, but even they didn't amount to anything. It's all show, no game.

Loteria Loca just screams strike filler programming...and it didn't even do that well either, as evidenced by the fact it's been pulled from the schedule.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2023, 05:42:24 PM »
Lotería Loca has been pulled from the CBS Monday lineup after this week’s showing that drew a series low 1.1 million viewers. It is being replaced by reruns of NCIS.

https://tvline.com/news/loteria-loca-removed-cbs-monday-schedule-1235068708

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2023, 01:16:33 AM »
I enjoyed some of the Holloween episode definitely when she was guessing candies but I just noticed I forgot to put something I noticed. when I watch this I realised that they reused the Candy Crush sect. (or at least all the digital screens) it is such a unique set that I can blatantly see it even if they dressed it up slightly.

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2023, 01:10:59 AM »
Yeah, honestly, I see a better chance of Raid the Cage going on for more than a few episodes as opposed to Loteria Loca. Because, let's face it, RtC has the excitement, the know-how, and Damon and Jeannie DEFINITELY have the right chemistry to work together as well as with the contestants. In fact, I can see Raid the Cage lasting at least another season after this one is over with.